Leverage

The Two Live Crew Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Aug 26, 2009 on TNT

• An elderly couple seek the help of Nate and his team to recover a painting which belonged to their family. Whilst trying to recover the painting Nate's crew come across another crew who manage to steal the painting for themselves!

An elderly couple seek the help of Nate and his team to recover a Klimt masterpiece which belonged to their family but was stolen during WWII. When trying to recover the painting Nate's crew come across another crew, who are not just on the same job, but have beaten Nate's team to the punch! To make matters worse, someone in the new crew wants Sophie dead, and plants a bomb in her apartment. This new team is lead by a former colleague of Sophie's, Starke, a brilliant grifter and and an even better forger. Armed with Sophie's inside knowledge on how Starke operates, Nate formulates his plan to restore his obviously wounded pride - erm, I meant to say, help the couple finally get their painting back!

I really liked this episode - probably the best episode of the season so far. Yes, it had it's plot-holes. No one realised that the woman standing next to Nate at the funeral wore exactly the same clothes as the "deceased"? Parker's phone just happened to be placed in the room with the forgeries? C'mon! This 2nd crew was suppose to be professionals, and darn good ones, yet they left the phone on???

But, despite that, it was so much fun. I was screaming at the screen when Nate's crew came up against the other crew in the exhibition house. Did you not expect them to arrive? How come you guys were not prepared for this? etc. This notion was obviously planted in my head from last weeks episode, when Sophie mentioned the fact that Nate cannot win all the time. The way this episode was going, it really looked like this was one the time that Nate would lose. Turns out, the brains had anticipated the 2nd crew's arrival - phew! The whole thing played out nicely. The ending was funny. Parker and Apollo timing themselves on who can pick a lock the fastest, Elliot comparing scars with Raquel, Starke claiming he got what he wanted and was therefore the winner! And the stars of the show, the beautiful artworks of Klimt and Van Gough! Oh, and the dogs playing poker - I laughed so hard when I saw that painting!
    Throughout this whole episode I was glued to the screen, waiting to see what would happen next! Very good episode indeed!