Leverage

The Wedding Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jan 13, 2009 on TNT

• This episode has it all and always beware men armed with appetizers.

This episode is completely priceless. I mean here you have the Leverage team already pitted up against the Mob, at a wedding no less. Then the Butcher of Kiev shows up? The verbal exchange between Alec, Nate and Sophie when they identify this sadistic killer as being at the wedding party is completely priceless. I am still shaking at the thought of the Cake Maker of Kiev. We learn so much more about our cast of heroes during this episode as well. We learn that not only does Eliot love to cook, but that he also can kill with an appetizer. The continuing advancement of the Parker/Hardison relationship in addition to getting a look into the past relationship of Nate/Sophie. This episode is awesome and definitely one that you shouldnt miss!
  • The team infiltrates a mobster's mansion (using his daughter's wedding as their cover) in order to find money to give to the wife of a fallguy.

Eliot with his hair back and with a knife- perfection on a TV screen. My favorite scenes all had Eliot- the fight with the butcher of Kiev, how he was trying to get everyone to take him seriously as a chef (the squeeze of lemon thing- great!), the talk with Nate about how to hold a knife in different situations (I think Nate was a little freaked out there) and how he wanted to go after the wife when she criticized his food. Even that scene with Parker when she called him Emeril- made the episode. The rest was rather enjoyable, and while she didn't steal anything, Parker was a lot of fun here. And the ending was perfect- the mobster had sock money while the wife got her restaurant.
  • This show keeps getting better and better.

7.8
    It seems like every week Leverage just tops itself. The jokes get funnier, the plots get more intriguing and the episode is just great. This was the case again this week with Leverage, which is making a strong argument as to being the best program on TNT.

I love the fight scenes with Eliot. They're so corny, yet they're just so fun to watch. I've made it clear I'm not a fan of the relationship between Nate and Sophie, but I do like the the idea of Parker and Ardison being together.

This episode also had some good guest spots by Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years) and Nicole Sullivan (The King of Queens). Just another fun episode of a really enjoyable series.
  • Let's take on the Mob Shall We.

But first let's break into the FBI and "borrow" their surveillance tapes of the targets in question. The team plans to aid Teresa Palermo in getting the funds owed to her by the head of the Marsconi family for her husband taking the blame for a murder. In order to get in our team goes undercover planning a wedding. The challenge of getting the money is getting around the feds as well as the mob. For cons, they really can pull off a nice wedding. Love Parker as a babysitter. Sophy and Nate are just too funny. Love Elliott the chef. Hardison needs a nap, he's been awfully whining this episode but he's got a crush on Parker.