Lewis

Sunday 8:00 PM on ITV Premiered Jan 29, 2006 Between Seasons

TheOldBill

Lewis Fan Reviews (6)

• I'm sorry to see it end....

I was skeptical when I first heard of LEWIS. I'd loved MORSE, and while I'd liked Lewis as Morses' Seargant, I wasn't sure he could carry a show. I was happy to be proven wrong.

LEWIS, in many respects was even better than the show it spun off of. While I'm sorry to see it end, I do think it ended well. Morse himself would have approved of the beer.
  • I was a lover of MORSE ans was sad to see it end, however I have all the dvd's of the show. Lewis again is brilliant and Lewis and Hathaway bounce off each other so very well, I hope this show last longer than MORSE.

I was a lover of MORSE ans was sad to see it end, however I have all the dvd's of the show. Lewis again is brilliant and Lewis and Hathaway bounce off each other so very well, I hope this show last longer than MORSE. Pleasedo not put this series aside, it needs a long run. I have just finished the last episode and enjoy the twists and turns, and have only been right about who did it twice. I do hope that lewis's love life with the coroner work out, it would be nice for the series, thanks for reading.
  • Lewis! was destined to be given his own show.

Iam so happy that the charcter Lewis has been given his own show. I was a big fan of Morse and always thought that Lewis was a very honorable and affable person.Something I am finding very interestin is his sergent Hataway a very intresting sidkick. And I thought it was very nice how they made references to Morse in the piolt and first season. I will definately be getting Lewis season 1,2,3 on DVD when they eventualy are released. And for the question is Lewis better or worse than morse my answer is neither. Lewis is in his own right something different, but equally as good as Morse.
  • This is absolutely one of the best detective shows ever.

Kevin Whately present a Lewis that is just so good that it reminds me of the days of Morse. "Life Born of Fire", "and the Moonbeams kiss the Sea" are just great to watch.
    However, Lewis is turning into Morse very slowly, but still he is the same as he allways was. Hathaway presents the real new generation of the Oxford police.
    As allways, the settings are great, the characters both support and leading are giving their best.
    I am very curious to see if thsi show lasts as long. Anyway it's just great to have Lewis back. The show is one of the very best.
  • An excellent new series..great partnership in Lewis and Hathaway and thoroughly enjoyed watching this one...9.5 out of 10

Being a fan of Morse I was interested to see how Lewis would stand up against its much loved predecessor.
    I am delighted to say a new gem is blossoming.
    I enjoyed each episode and would probably say the final episode Expiation was the most enjoyable.That's not to say the first 3 stories were lacking because they most certainly were quality crime drama but more that from a viewers perspective watching a new series and new partnership ( Lewis & Hathaway )by episode 4 I was familiar with their particular chemistry & obviously developing friendship & respect for each other and was keen to see more
    It's a big call at this stage but I can see Lewis and Hathaway being every bit as good if not better than Morse & Lewis. I was sorry to watch the last episode as I will now have to wait for Series Two....hopefully not too long.
    Well worth a look this one for sure
  • A good tribute to John Thaw.

I didn't watch the first two because I wasn't sure if it could stand up against its predecessor, but I finished catching up with my "taped to watch later" Morse yesterday, so I thought I'd give it a go. It was very good, and really didn't seem like a two hour story, even with the adverts LOL. What I mean is that the story was so interesting that I didn't realise 2 hours had passed. Obviously Lewis is a different personality from Morse, I'd suggest he does more "paper and pencil" type police work whereas Morse was more cerebral, like Poirot, it was his "little grey cells" which put the evidence puzzle together. With Lewis it's diagrams on white boards and he's still doing the legwork of the interviews (which his type of investigation seems to base itself on more anyway). He has a sidekick who is an ex-Head Boy/Oxford Grad/Avant Garde Music player who can quote TS Eliot etc at him, so the Morse "influence" isn't completely lost LOL. I'd been wondering how they were going to manage to give Lewis the same devoted marriage he'd had when he was Morses' Sgt. The writers must have chickened out and figured that they couldn't - not if he was going to be able to spend days and nights working on a case. The only "detective" that seems to manage to have a strong relationship is Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby in Midsomer Murders. I know Columbus is married but he's got a pretty dysfunctional marriage in comparison to the Barnabys LOL. *All* the others I can think of are single, from JB Fletcher & Miss Marple to Dr. Mark Sloan & Poirot via Jim Rockford & Cadfael. Maybe the writers were concerned that it'd turn into a "Midsomer Murders of Oxford" if they had Lewis running home to his missus and discussing the cases with her and his kids. It's seems like a good tribute to John Thaw. It's definitely worth a first watch, and I'll continue with it.