Lexx

Space (ended 2002)

Lexx Fan Reviews (27)

7.9
  • Good start, dies in the middle, creeping death at the end.

5.5
    The show starts off fun the first two seasons keep you interested in a very colorful show with interesting enemies. Despite the Beyond thunderdome campy appearance of the show the first two seasons are enjoyable in sort of a Brazil meets 5th element only less interesting kind of way. However the writer of the show had a vision, not a show in mind so the next two seasons are singly the most boring thing I have ever tried to watch. If you can even make it through season 4 you have the fortitude of a god.

I cant bash to show too much, it did create ideas that other shows took and made better shows with, Andromeda and Farscape both went with the living ship idea and it did have interesting elements that got used again. However the writing and plot as a whole felt like some long winded skin flick filmed in a cheap studio in Canada. It looks like something that I would have watched on USA up all night in the 80s. Its right up there with attack of the killer tomatoes.
  • Lexx Waste

The script missed the mark and lef the viewer confused and changing channels.

Better effects than script.
  • Lexx - Where to begin?

It's hard to fully explain the contrast of feelings I have for this show. It could be utterly unique one minute and then staggeringly facile and derivative the next.

There's always talk of 'you didn't get it' if you mention some dislike of the show to a hardcore fan, but unfortunately for a show that enjoyed poking fun at tropes of SF shows and at the world in general it was often crushingly obvious and poorly written. As for most of the humour and 'eroticism,' well that barely ever worked for me.

That being said Stanley is the epitome of the loser in space - Phillip J. Fry and Arnold Rimmer would have a lot to learn from him, but despite this the acting was always so good you couldn't help but feel sympathy for him. The rest of the principal cast were good too - although I always thought Eva Habermann was far better as Zev. It's just a shame that the majority of the supporting actors tended to put in a poor performance.

The other thing I still give major credit for, is the guts to do things most SF shows don't and that's not care about shaking up the universe - whether destroying one, putting the Earth in the 'dark' universe and then just blowing it up.

Do I miss it? Just a tiny bit, as once in a while it would surprise the hell out of you, just wish it had happened more often.
  • A twisted tale of a dead man, a love slave and Idiot as they traval the light and dark galaxey

I have bought the whole series and think it was ones of great shows. Would advise anyone that this show should be watched. It is a little on the preverted side but we are all able to enjoy that a little as well. I loved this show. I want it back my whole family thought it was great and would really love it to be brought back. The song where great my son walks around the house singing the Brunnen G battle song. It needs to be brought back to complete the story and see if Stan and Xev found a place to call home. I want to know if the little ship grows up.
  • i loved this show!! it was so groovy! i miss it so much also that song! time begins and then time ends then time begins once again ^^

omg this show for the people who can handle heavy metal and Si-fi Mystify crazy stuff. its so kool to bad they did not go on any longer but like the song "time begins and then time ends and time begins once again it has happen before it is happening now it will surly happen again." ( sorry if i got some of the words mixed up not seen it in so long) also Lexx he is a bug. i mean sure u had other live creatures be ships but a dragon fly its to kool!! think i will look for it on Veoh XD or some other site ^^
  • Very bad choise!

I've watched Lexx grudgingly, trusting others' advice that it would eventually prove worthwhile. It hasn't. This is some of the worst sci-fi I've ever seen. The writing is poor, the cast is miscast, the plots are muddled (and apparently written by people with serious psychosexual issues), the effects are cheap and desktop-PC like, and the music is heavy handed. There's nothing worth saving here. I'm not even sure I'd call this science fiction. I'd call it fantasy, perhaps, because there's virtually no scientific credibility to anything in this show. The technology is a poorly executed prop in a universe that makes no sense. They've failed to explore any themes or ideas that relate to the future, to science, or to society, and their presentation of a futuristic dystopia is confused and obviously poorly thought out. Its Jules Verne sensibilities would be more appropriate to a program for small children (though its sadomasochistic undertones rule that out, obviously). Some shows are bad in a good way. This isn't one of them, and I'm guessing it's ended a few careers. I just hope it isn't getting any play outside Canada, as it's a national embarrassment. I'd put it in the What the #*?# Were You Thinking bucket of failed television.
  • Very good at the begining...

...but from the 3rd season forward it just went bad. Dont get me wrong, still love this series mainly because of is originalty, kind of gothic sci fi erotic series.
    I liked the way teh stories deevelops from teh begining and how the caracthers orginality and sometimes scares me.
    Other times i just love the coic side of all the situations and sometimes the ridiculous on the dialogues.
    At the end i allways feel an warm feeling and almos cozy, like it was a familiar series from a long time. I hope that doesnt sound weird. Good show for some people awfull for others.. what can i say?
  • Yo-way-yo!

Lexx is the best show I've ever watched!
    Zev is my favourite!Kai and Stenly too! I want more series and if anyone is interested in new seasons
    Also of War of the worlds,V, Star Trek: The Animated series, The six million dollar man, The bionic woman, Space: Above and Beyond, Planet of the Apes, The incredible Hulk, Space: 1999, Dark Skies, Battlestar Galactica, Beyond Westworld, Logan's Run, Ufo, The Prisoner, Short Attention Span Theater, Sci-ography
    and other sci-fi shows, please,sign a petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/eulogy/petition.html
    You only have to put your name and your email adress and is ready.I can't wait!
  • Awesome show, loads of fun if you're into strange stuff.

I guess this show might be considered offensive, profane and all other sorts of things, never the less I love it!

There are only a few Scifi shows that made me laugh like Lexx does. More than that I loved watching a show where an anti-hero (for lack of a better word) has control over a giant and powerfull spaceship and mostly just uses it for his own amusement, like blowing up plants among other things, or to run away as fast as he can to stay alive.
    Helping other people is not on Stanley H. Tweedles todo-list and he usually only does it if threatened with his life or some hot chick calls for help, not that it has ever earned him anything but trouble but he still trys to get sex out of every opportunity that presents itself. In the end he usually has to run for his life.
    The only reason he is beeing kept alive by his totally disloyal and disfunctional crew is that he is the only who has the key to the Lexx and he naturally does not part with it.

Its kind of refreshing to see a scifi show that actually features a low life main character, who despite everything is trying to save the universe but only to save his own behind.
  • This show is about people who escape from a cluster planet because they are sentenced to death by the divine shadow they escape on the lexx a powerfull bug what can destroy planets along the way they are tracked down by Kai a assasin who turns good.

This show for me is one of a kind ive watched this when it first come on tv ive always liked it and i feel like the humour is so funny and witty at times your eyes could water. Although it maybe funny there is also a actual storyline to the show. Who would have thought of a robot head falling in love with a love slave and a dead assasin been there friends. The fact is this show is sexy and humourous at the same time for me this show is the most classic show i watched when I was young.
  • This has to be one of the most unique shows I've ever seen.I love this show.

Lexx is an awesome show. That's just all there is to it. I loved how it was so different, so weird. The adventures were cool and the characters were hilarious. I would have to say Kai and Prince were my two favorite characters; Prince because he was funny and Kai because he was intelligent, useful, and sexy. Yes, I said it. The dead guy is sexy. Michael McManus did an awesome job of depicting the perfect killing machine. Kudos to the creators and cast of Lexx.
  • Now, this here show's not for everyone; just for oddballs like me, who like their science-fiction quirky, dark, sexy and twisted.

Now, this show is not for everyone, which explains why no one knew about it. It's very quirky, dark, sometimes foolish, and has scads of sex-related themes, but I loved it all (and there was another *living* ship) – the LEXX – and 790 the Robot head (yes, just the *head*) who is in love with Xev!; and Kai, former assassin, the hottest Dead guy in the Light Universe and member of the Brunnen-G! I used to play the song of the Brunnen-G on my old computer as an event sound—which was not always good 'cause it's too long! There was the aforementioned Xev/Zev a hybrid love slave/cluster lizard, and the annoying Stanley Tweedle, accidental captain of the good ship LEXX; not to mention Nigel Bennett as the villainous Prince in the latter seasons! Outrageouness prevailed on this series, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. This show had a good run; I think I and only five other people actually watched it here in the states. But we loved it!
  • very good, but should be called the far side in space

7.7
    good but not on tv long. shows that you can do sci-fi and be totally silly.would like to know were to get a zev of my own. but the robot head be shove out the airlock!! sci-fi should bring it back and replace ghost hunters or someother junk they show now.go lexx... . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . .. . .. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • I am the Lexx, the most powerful weapon in the two universes !what a fantastic show. ? as you can tell by my name i am HOOKED Xev the love slave, inept Stanley Tweedle, The "dead do not poo" Kai, and sarcastic robot head 790 make a quartet of e

This is perfection, and omg, how much fun is this show? At 1st I didn't get it, but then I got hooked, watching them bumble around space.... and what a climax to the series end..... ! Bring it back ! My fave character has to be 790, i only wish i could get away with the one liners he comes up with, i preferred 2nd xev to zev but thats a personal choice hahaha. But the finale was perfect, and spelt the end of the series so it could not be remade, or continued. Watch it if you haven't cos it is easy to get people hooked on to it, most of my pals are now.
  • Dead person, love slave, dimwit, robot head and a giant dragonfly. Great characters in the play of life.

I love them all, Kai, Xev, Stanley, 790 and the LEXX. This is a great series. I remember seeing the first season, but missed the fist couple of shows. I still remember Stanley teaching the Predecessors to sing a song about Stanley. Loved the goop that the Lexx would put out to eat even though Stanley wanted a steak. This show was weird and fantastic, and was something to look forward to watching the next episode. Gotta get me some videos on this one.
  • My favorite Sci-fi show!

Lexx... A hard one to describe. This show has got to be one of the weirder ones (while still being a good show) out there. Everything about the show was weird. The characters... the ship (a dragonfly?)... With it being so strange I loved every episode I saw and was VERY sad when they stopped running it. I thought the episodes were all designed very well and it had a good plot (though wierd). This was/and is my favorite Sci-Fi show (next to Star Trek Voyager I guess).

One part of me would like it brought back because it was so good, but I don't know if it would be the same at all if brought back so the other side of me is saying no, just get the older episodes to watch again.
  • Probably the best Science Fiction show ever and one of the most overlooked in the history of TV Sci-Fi.

Well along with a handful of other TV shows, I feel Lexx is one of the best ever TV shows. At a time where Trek and Stargate were churning out great sci-fi, it was bold for a TV show to take that concept and turn it inside out - clearly it didn't make it to the mainstream anywhere near as much - but what it did do, was create a unique TV show that if you give it a solid try (watch atleast 10), you'll probably fall in love with.

Xev in particular, but also Stan are particularly loveable characters. The show has some excellent recurring characters in Prince, Lyekka, Bunny & Priest and some hilarious and very touching moments often in the same episode.

Perhaps the only weakest point to the cast was '790', who started out with some wonderful quips, but ended up something of a maniacal killer drone.

The show's highs are probably 'Brigadoom', all of Season 3 and 'Yo Way Yo' for me. But out of the 67 episodes/movies I could count the truly bad ones on one hand.

Give it a try - you may just love it, like i do.
  • Lexx is my favorite show in the whole world. They need to bring it back. It is a Wonderful show, with alot of Trippy stuff. Bring it back. I know it will be a hit again.

Lexx is my favorite show in the whole world. I love the characters- xev is my favorite, its funny and very interesting. The show has alot of good quailitys. I happen to know a bunch of people that want this show to come back on air. Bring the show back!
  • Warning! You may not be prepared for this show.

The two Universes are threated by His Devine Shadow and the mismatched crew of a living bug ship called The Lexx can save the day. This planet destroying ship is ran by a bumbling idiot, a long dead man, a love slave and the robot head that is obsessively in love with her. It is a story that spans thousands of years.
    I'll be honest this German and Canadian show is extremely odd, but that is what is great. This is the most unique sci-fi show you will ever see. There is no comparision so don't even try.
    Each of the four seasons has it's own little story. My personal favorite is season 3 revolving around two planets called Fire and Water (think heaven and hell).
    This is a show that may take a little bit click with you, but it's pure originality makes it more then worth the veiwing. All fours seasons made my personal DVD collection. (Warning: For Mature veiwers only)
  • One of the stranger shows around

Originally I didn't like the show...however it's somewhat of an aquired taste...it grew on me and I found it strangely compelling and I grew to wanting so see more....I've see some of the first season most of the second. a couple of episodes from season three which looked good and nearly all if not all of season four. Now there were a few episodes that I felt may have come off as too dumb or annoying but for the most part I've found this to be an interesting and unusual show which is a good example of something original because I've never seen anything remotely like it....this is not the kind of show for everyones tastes because of how unusual it is but even if you don't like it...you have to give it points for originality
  • Lexx is gold compared to some of the crap Sci-fi is showing now.

Lexx was gold compared to some of the crap Sci-fi is showing now. Look at the Lexx replacement shows? Tremors: The Series? [How did that seem like a good idea?] Scare Tactics? A Real World rip-off? The channel isn’t worth watching any more unless you’re a Stargate or Battle Star fan.
  • Trippy Trippy Tirppy...

Lexx originated on The ShowTime Network as 4 movies named ‘Tails From a Parallel Universe: 1.0 I worship his Shadow,' ‘Tails From a Parallel Universe: 2.0 Supernova,' ‘Tails From a Parallel Universe: 3.0 Eating Pattern' and ' Tails From a Parallel Universe: 4.0 Giga Shadow' later renamed Lexx when it became a show. Zev was transformed into Xev when the actress Eva Habermann left the show and Xenia Seeberg replaced her in the first few episodes of the Show if I remember correctly. The show was sold to The SciFI Channel later on. It was great series, was written in Germany by Lex Gigeroff and filmed in Canada for some odd reason. Had North American (I think) and Europeian actors, most famous ones, Tim Curry and Malcolm McDowell. I hope they bring it back… the totally set up the last episode for another season or a new show… with the baby Lexx.
  • Just my thoughts.

Back when this was a primetime show, I used to frequently catch the re-runs very late at night.

The show really intrigued me back then, but I still didn't watch it religiously.

I then just 2 years ago really got into the show, and Sci-Fi started playing it from the beginning. I really got into it, and it was true to the science fiction genre.

But again Sci-Fi Channel big wigs took it off it's programming guide all together. They just kept on pushing the re-runs later, and later in the night. First it was 2 a.m. EST, then it was 5 a.m. EST.

Really a huge slap in the face for us Lexx fans. So I never even got to finish watching the complete series at all.

Eventually I'll try to invest in the DVD's, but until then I'll see if I can find it on the internet somewhere.

The Sci-Fi Channel really need to clean-up their programming though. How can you have decent shows like Battlestar Galactica, and both Stargate series be your flagships.

But then play other shows, and movies that are absolutely not even in the Science Fiction genre.

Geez they even once played "The Flintstones" movie.
  • Lexx was a unique SciFi series. There's nothing remotely like it. More often than not it sucked, sometimes it rocked, but nonetheless Lexx was a decent show.

Although I say this is a decent show, Lexx is the worst show I've watched all the way through. I don't continue to watch bad series so being the worst series I've seen all the way is not so bad, is it?

Lexx is a crazy series about a huge bug flying in space, called Lexx. Lexx is also the most powerful destructive force in the 2 universes (light zone and the dark zone). The crew consists of Stanley, a lowly security guard, and a love-slave/cluster lizard hybrid, an undead assassin who can more or less eliminate anyone anywhere and last but not least, a robot-head with organic tissue in his brain that makes him fall in love with other people in the "crew".

It's safe to say that Lexx is one of the craziest and most unique series I've ever seen, but that isn't an excuse for the change in quality of the series. The quality of episodes change a lot during the 4 seasons of Lexx.

Lexx is mostly a SciFi comedy, also there are episodes which are very beautiful and dramatic. The music of Lexx is good I must say.

My favorite seasons are the first and the second. Back then I thought Lexx is a good series, not merely decent. However the quality of the third season and especially the fourth, which was very bad, was not so good.

If not for the excellent final episode which ended the series, I would've rated the series lower than 7. But the last episode was so good that it was worth watching all the way through the crappy season 4 to see it. I had shudders all the way in that episode, reminded me of the Lexx when it was actually good.

I can recommend this show to anyone who likes crazy shows with a lot of imagination, humor and also some beautiful and dramatic episodes. Beware that the quality of the episodes will degrade a lot after the first 2 seasons. But it might just be worth it to watch Lexx all the way through, the final episode was a real treat.
  • Fascinating show, each season shows you different wonders.

I think it's really interesting how the different seasons each have their own character.

The first one shows us how the whole crew / ship relationship comes together in the so-called "Cluster". Each of the main characters is introduced, and the setting of the Lexx Universe is established.

Season two, where they basically bumble around the "light side" of the Universe, features very nice, mostly self-contained stories in each episode.
    Outstanding (in the sense of "sticking out") in this Season: Brigadoom. A lot of fascinating ideas, like the whole setting of the planet Potatohole. They could have come up with a different red thread to hold it all together than Mantrid, i didn't like that too much.

Then season three, with the fascinating sets on Fire and Water. I especially love the scenes they filmed in the old cement factory near Berlin and the Tunnels in the 19th century fort. (Episodes K-Town and Tunnels). The overall story has an interesting philosophical twist, too.

And then the fourth season, with the mocking of the political situation on earth. Very different, but i liked it. There are some outstanding episodes, too, like the Midsummer's Nightmare. Fortunately they kept a possibility for a return of the show. Would be great if we get to see more Lexx in the future.
  • Yo way Yo, y\'all!

A quirky hillarious sexy witty ride. That\'s what you get when you put an undead assassin, an insatiable love slave, a cowardly security guard, and an addled robot head in charge of themost powerful weapon in two universes. Starting as four made for tv movies in the late 90\'s this was later to become the quirky scifi series people either loved or hated. Odds are if you loved Red Dwarf and read Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy several times then this show is all for you. Horny Homosexual rapist robots, the personification for death, and the most twisted characters in sci-fi since oh probaly Time Bandits. You gotta love this show. The fourth series was lacking something however. But the first three were genius. To the cast and crew of this show I salute you. Btw this was the first series I ever collected on DVD due to sporadic reruns which are now nearly nonexistant. Even importing the original movies from a music store in Canada.
  • Lexx is my favorite show and always will be. I love everything about it and always will.

Where do I start? This show was truly the only one of its kind. It was a funny show that really made you look at other Sci-Fi shows differently and made it hard to take them seriously. My favorite Character on the show was Kai. The last of his race and was a very noble individual, at the end of the series he sacrificed his own life to save the universe. And the other members of the cast were just as good. With unforgettable Characters and Episodes, I promise to never forget this show and will always be my favorite.