Liberty's Kids Forums

PBS (ended 2004)

Anyone else think this show is great?

suplex2000

[21]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 11
    supermanshero wrote:
    OK this is a little out there, but do you know where I can find some good picture from liberty's kids, I've read all the fan fiction, and I love drawing, but there are no good sites. Any ideas? If anything I can draw them from the TV.

Try going here:

http://www.libertyskids.com/fg_cp_main.html

You pick your favorite of 7 characters, click on them and they get larger, print them and then you can color them. That is what it is designed for, but you could use it for drawings.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

supermanshero

[22]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    thanks

bvckvs

[23]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 2
    I'm in my 40's and I think this show is great. It's a far better representation of the "American Spirit" than anything the televangelists and politicians say.

suplex2000

[24]Jun 30, 2006
    bvckvs wrote:
    I'm in my 40's and I think this show is great. It's a far better representation of the "American Spirit" than anything the televangelists and politicians say.

BVCKVS:

Welcome to TV.com, I see that your first ever post is one for Liberty's Kids and I think that's great.

There is also nothing wrong (not that you were implying there was) with being in your 40's and liking this show. A well done show is a well done show, whether it's a sitcom, drama, documentary or even a cartoon, and Liberty's Kids simply falls into that category.

Where you live when do you watch the show? I watch three episodes that air in a row on Sunday mornings on WPIX and sometimes I watch when they air on WPHL, it's the same three episodes...just at different times.

suplex2000

scottandrewh

[25]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 1

"And does anyone know where to find a picture of Reo Jones? I wanna know what she looks like, I love Sarah's voice! "

There was a picture of Reo Jones in the pdf that is linked to her IMDb page, but the school seems to have taken it down now that she's an alum. You might be a bit disappointed; she doesn't look anything like Sarah. I did find that she's doing performance art at Sarah Lawrence College as of 2004.

Edited on 07/18/2006 10:28am
    Edited 2 total times.

bvckvs

[26]Jul 19, 2006

suplex2000 wrote:
    BVCKVS: Welcome to TV.com, I see that your first ever post is one for Liberty's Kids and I think that's great.

Stay tuned for more. I'm OCD and this is my latest obsession.

suplex2000 wrote:
    Where you live when do you watch the show? I watch three episodes that air in a row on Sunday mornings on WPIX and sometimes I watch when they air on WPHL, it's the same three episodes...just at different times. suplex2000

Dallas, TX - The WB network (Ch. 33) aires one episode on Friday and another on Saturday.

bvckvs

[27]Jul 19, 2006

suplex2000 wrote:
    Did you happen to notice my one post about a web site that sells the whole set on 6-DVD's for $500.00? Isn't that insane!!! The only thing that makes it worse, is that due to the fact that it IS commercially available (despite being $500) it probably won't ever be released again at a cheaper price, like somewhere in the low to mid $30's. So unless you have a spare $500 (which I still wouldn't buy it based on principle alone) or you record it from TV, you have a slim chance of ever getting a set.

I too have gone the burn-at-home route.  Here's a little math about that...

It takes about an hour to burn and record each episode to DVD - as long as you don't mess around too much.  (Me, I like to do the fade-in/fade-out transitions and stuff.)  Plusify that by the number of episodes - and you have a full work week (with overtime) or maybe two.  Compare that with what you make in a week - and the $500 seems like a good price.

Here's another neat fact.  The TV stations that broadcast over the air have certain requirements (like equal air time for beaurocrats and such).  Some of them fill one of those requirements by broadcasting educational content.  LC aires on WB in Dallas for that purpose.  If you're an educator you can record the episodes and play them for your class.  You can even cut, paste, splice and dice it to jibe with lesson plans.

suplex2000

[28]Jul 21, 2006
    Incase anyone is interested, you have a chance starting Sunday 07/23/06 to make your own "Home Made" DVD Set starting with Episode #1: "The Boston Tea Party". I am unsure what the rotation is depending on where you live, but you should be close to the first episode starting over again.

Why not do it right and get them in order, as well as, commercial free.

PirateBladerK

[29]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    lyokophantom wrote:
    I think it is cool. some how i got a couple of episodes on a DVD 4 free. when i saw it it was on PBS.

Did you get the DVD from a cereal box? That's how I got my own. I have the episodes on tape, but I think that "make your own DVD" thing is kind of cool.

YamiNarutoBrief

[30]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 42
    I have to say that this show was not only educational, it was also fun to watch. People may think that b/c it's animated, it wouldn't appeal to an older range of people (17+ ), but that's not true. I watched this show from the beginning and loved it. This show taught me soo much about the Revolutionary War, that in school, my history teacher was amazed that i learned textbook material FROM A TV SHOW. I was even able to do a history report by watching one of the episodes, it was that informative. The characters were enjoyable and those mini-game interruptions were fun to solve. I agree that WB ruined it when they took that part out of it. Liberty's Kids rocked and I would also love to see other Wars made into the Liberty's Kid series. If they were that informative with the Revolutionary War, think about how much one could learn about the other wars.

Airawende

[31]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 6
    Agreed. In some aspects, it went more in depth than my history class did. I started watching it three years ago, from beginning to end, and I'm proud to say it sparked my obsession with the Revolutionary War. I really miss being able to watch it, but not only did the WB ruin it by taking away the little in between games, but they put it on at a time when I'm in school. I only get to see episodes here and there when I'm home sick or have no school.

tnteechr

[32]Jan 10, 2007
    I think it is a great show. As a 4th grade teacher, I use the DVD's of this program to reinforce concepts in my classroom, as we are learning about the Revolutionary Period. If anyone has any other information on Deborah Sampson, I would appreciate some information.

ashleynicole83

[33]Feb 4, 2007

This is the only 'cartoon' I watch, but I love it. I feel like I'm learning something, and its really interesting to have all that U.S. history that was all textbooks in school come to life in a way that's easy to follow, and much more memorable then just reading events on a page. It's made me much more interested in U.S. History and the life of Ben Franklin.

How do you guys burn dvds of the episodes? Do you have to have a DVR? I have the programs to burn dvds, but I don't get to see the episodes on tv much anymore. I think only one local station plays the show regularly, and the reception for me is terrible, so I hardly get to watch. They do have the 3 dvds released, which have 3 episodes a piece, but I'd really love to have copies of all the episodes to watch in order. I know I have missed quite a few.

A1-JB

[34]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    Yeah, this is a pretty good show. American history justs fascinates me.

ashleynicole83

[35]Mar 24, 2007
    I can't get the channel this show is airing on, but from what I've seen it's really interesting. If anyone would be able to get copies of the episodes for me, could you please send me a message? I'd really like to get caught up on the show.

MrsMcDreamyy

[36]Mar 29, 2007
    i love this show
    its so cute
    theres nothing else like it on t.v.
    :]

RoseRed1956

[37]May 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    I love this show and have been watching it for a few years now.  I, too, would like to get the good quality dvd's, but can't afford that price.  I know I could record them, but I don't have a dvr, but the reception I get isn't as good as that of original dvd's.  I think the high price probably comes from the fact that it was originally put out by pbs, which tends to have higher prices for their recordings, though you think they would figure out that if they lowered the price they would sell more, and in the long run, volume over high price would ultimately produce more revenue.  Oh well.

suplex2000

[38]Sep 15, 2007
    Sad day for Liberty's Kids fans.

No matter where I look in my TV Listings, I can't find Liberty's Kids anymore on TV.

I know there weren't any new episodes, and that they were running repeats, but it's still depressing that a great show is no longer on TV.

Megaman200798

[39]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 13
    stargirl wrote:
    I did and I watch it every Sunday at 8:30 and 9 am on the WB. Even though I am in my 20's I love anything that has to do with history

Oh yeah !!

FullHousefan

[40]Mar 23, 2008
    This show is amazing! I was super obsessed with it when I was 12 and I'm 17 now and I still love it, it's one of those shows you'll always remember. I taped every episode and i feel so fortunate that I'm still able to watch it on my tapes every once in awhile. I also heard it was selling for some outrageous price too.