Lie to Me

Depraved Heart

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 01, 2009 on FOX

• This episodes you get to know a bit more about Cal Lightman and why he is somewhat obsessed with suicide cases.

I started watching this series after my sister tapped me to a chair and told me to watch it lol. Ever since that moment I haven't missed one episode.

This episode focused on two points, one being two young woman who killed themselves, but of course, law enforcement doesn't press the matter, unfortunately for them, Cal is obsessed with cases that involve suicides. As this episodes continues, you get to know a bit more of Cal's personal life.

The second point is about what you're willing to do for your family, and how you sometimes should bend the rules a tid bit to help others. This episodes was an eye opener to how some people don't see beyond their own belief.

I truly enjoyed this one and I'm sure to tune into the next episode.

Definately worth watching and the best new series so far that's different than what you are used to.
  • This show is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, and this episode is a perfect example why.

In addition to the cases being interesting, we are beginning to get a peak at the personal lives of Foster and Lightman in the past few weeks.

This week, we see how tortured Lightman has been at the suicide of his mother, which lead him to a career in the study of micro expressions... If only he had been able to see these expressions years ago when his mother was hospitalized, and before she was released and committed suicide.

How good is this show? Well, don't you find yourself trying to read expressions now on your family and friends? I know you do...
  • Continuing to improve!

In yet another great addition of the Lie To Me series, this time round, there are two interesting cases. I thought that the suicide case was pretty original and full of twists, which made it interesting to see, while the other case about the money was also interesting, in my opinion, but there have been better, I feel.

I also felt that the fact that the show is attempting different things and providing lots of variety, like they did in this episode, is excellent, and I hope that they continue to do so!

A terrific episode, and the show is getting even better and becoming a personal favorite!