Lie to Me Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Cancelled

_Flutterlight_

[21]May 28, 2011
    • level: 15
    I'm sad that they canceled Lie to Me, but as a native Chicagoan, I can't be happier that The Chicago Code was canceled. That is NOT what our city is like, at all. Not even close.

I don't care how good the plot/characters were. If they're going to do a show about Chicago, they need to at least get the city right.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xAngelxBabex

[22]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 7
    it was brillant, cant believe it's gone

Brettstr42

[23]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 1

Sign the petition guys and let FOX know our opinions count. This great show deserves some more airtime. Give it another shot and bring it back. Also this post on FBhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Hey-FOX-dont-cancel-Lie-To-Me/153735061358209is helping to organize our campaing. Don't forget to sign the petition athttp://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/lie-to-me-petition/to save this fantastic show. Bring it back.

MrDunham

[24]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 5

Too bad it's been cancelled. Loved season 3. Nowadays' television needs more Dr. Lightman!

LazyRepoGurl

[25]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 1

I'm really upset to see this one going. These last couple of years my show list has dwindled down to just about nothing. I was really rooting for this one to stay alive and continue as the story line has always caught my attention and kept me interested. They keep taking all these great shows off and replacing them with crap. This is me wishing they'd keep Lie to Me around.

DavidBarro

[26]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 4

In the end, it's all about MONEY. TV networks are no different from any other corporation in the world. Money is their blood... only their survival tactics are just reprehensible.

Lie To Me was a brilliant show that was both cast and acted brilliantly. FOX... ugh. I don't know where to begin. Actually I do know where to begin, but I won't, because it's just going to end up getting deleted by the mods anyway... Rightfully so, I suppose. I was never intending to keep it clean!!Yell

Anyway... we at least have 3 great seasons to celebrate here!

DavidBarro

[27]Jun 18, 2011

_Flutterlight_ wrote:
    I'm sad that they canceled Lie to Me, but as a native Chicagoan, I can't be happier that The Chicago Code was canceled. That is NOT what our city is like, at all. Not even close. I don't care how good the plot/characters were. If they're going to do a show about Chicago, they need to at least get the city right.

Good point... now make sure to post this in THE CHICAGO CODE forum where it belongs! :-) not here.

DavidBarro

[28]Jun 18, 2011

showinuse9 wrote:
    call me cold but thats what the show gets for taking the science out of the show

You're not cold, you're just a bit off. They didn't take the science out of this show. They just shifted the premise a bit. After all, the cast hadn't changed at all. How many more times are you going to teach the same things, same concepts to the same people? If you want to teach the same things, you have to bring in new people. If you want to keep the same people, you have to bring in new stories, new plots to the show.

Besides, you do know that the science behind this show is a bit shaky to start with, don't you? Basics may be true, but add too much detail and you're fabricating a fairy tale.

chalidon1881

[29]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 5

It didcompare real images ofpeoples expressions to the characters in the show every episode. I know this because I waited for that part every episode and was always satisfied. It definitely could have used more of those moments instead of once and maybe twice, and I think it should have also stayed more scientific and geared toward crime cases, along with otherodd side jobs. I also agree that shouldn't have cut out Det. Reynolds and the FBI. You never got a chance to him utilize his new "tool" i.e Det. Reynolds. I still miss thisshow though.