Lie to Me Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: In the Red (Possible Spoilers)

amber8032

[1]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 28

Please discuss here the episode In the Red , airing next Monday October 4th.

Do not discuss other episodes here.

And don't forget to watch! and review!

Thanks.

Edited on 09/30/2010 12:20am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hillsro

[2]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 8
    I am excited that they bumped up the start of the new season!

OnePerCentClub

[3]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 35
    I'm happy the show is back sooner than expected. With all the competition, I really hope it does better than Lone Star.

lemae_27

[4]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 6

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said Lightman was going to get a little crazy this season. I am curious why Gillian froze their accounts. I get it has something to do with the book that he is suppose to be writing but I think I missed something. I don't think that he has a right to be that upset with Gillian though considering that its her business too and considering what he did to buy Zoe out in season 2, I don't blame her for keeping him away from the money. I found him to be quite rude to Gillian too at the end...don't get me wrong I love that they are going to be introducing some 'problems' with them this season, but he can be a real jackass. And I don't like the cop chick either.

Oh and why was he yelling at the deaf girl that he wasn't her dad? Did I miss something with that?

Edited on 10/04/2010 8:58pm

ZekkJedi

[5]Oct 5, 2010

I completely agree lemae 27, it was overall a good episode, but most of the 'Lightman being mean moments' seemed to lack reason. one of the the things they always make the point of is that people (their suspects, clients, etc.) always do the things they do for a reason, the same should hold true for the main characters.

And why is Reynolds not coming back? I liked his character a lot (especially his interactions with Cal) and, his apparent replacement just isn't as good

I am however very happy to see Bonnie (Shoshannah Stern) from Jericho

ZekkJedi

[6]Oct 5, 2010

I do really hope that Mekhi Phifer vanishing from the show is not one of these; 'he was the lowest rated character on the show, so we got rid of him to save ourselves money'

'cause that never works the way execs think it would (just because a character isn't as popular as the rest doesn't mean the show is better off without them). Lie to Me was definitely better for having Agent Reynolds on the show.

I hope they bring him back in (renew his contract fox!)

OnePerCentClub

[7]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 35

Here are the ratings for this episode.

It did a lot better than Lone Star and 22% better than its summer premiere.

Way to go for Lie to Me. It's getting closer to The Event.

FCBarca

[8]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 15
    It felt a bit underwhelming from 'Lie to Me' standards...Almost was worth it to hear Cal telling Foster that he remembered hiring her but not marrying her...Almost

norsemang

[9]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 2
    yeah he's gone... which sucks.
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/2010/09/mekhi-phifer-to-exit-lie-to-me/

MPJohnstone

[10]Oct 7, 2010
    Not really too bothered about Mekhi Phifer to have left the show.

Not because i did not like his character and his inter actions with Cal. But the character was self limiting, it required that each case would have to tie into the workings of the FBI or a legal case rather than just being a character driven deception show.

JanieDoe

[11]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 3
    I really like this show but find myself not liking the lead character.
    Urrrgghhh he robs me the wrong way every time he is on screen. He is dirty looking, walks like a duck on steroids, unnecessarily rude and abrasive and someone please slow him down a bit. I get dizzy watching him move and flap about. Having gotten that off my chest, I love all the other characters on the show and of course the story lines are mostly interesting. This is my own personal opinion!!!! So don't flame me.

mattgus

[12]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 14
    i never missed this show. when the new season started i watched the event(recorded lonestar)and forgot that this started early...well lonestar is done,but i don't like the fact the this is opposite the event. some shows have such bad luck with sched etc...the event is good but something has to be opposote it so we could be ok...i noticed that it airs on sifi and again on sat so maybe die hard lie to me fans will stay the course. i like j ritter but the show itself while entertaining is'nt as good. but it's appeal will take audience members away...lie to me following house is as good as it gets so it may pan out???

mattgus

[13]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 14
    well i watched the ep on hulu and as i suspected the other shows ie...event lonestar don't hold a candle in my humble opinion. the story and it's excecution were near flawless.(not that i would know)but when 44 min feel like 15 you know it is holding your interest...still think this is the best thing on tv along with the good wife!

FCBarca

[14]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 15
    Episode 2 of this new season, still not much of an improvement over the premier, for me.

Shame, is the series on it's last legs perhaps?

haldrey

[15]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 22
    Quite an improvement over Lone Star. Welcome back, the episode was fantastic and Lightman even crazier.

VConn

[16]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 17
    ZekkJedi wrote:

I do really hope that Mekhi Phifer vanishing from the show is not one of these; 'he was the lowest rated character on the show, so we got rid of him to save ourselves money'

'cause that never works the way execs think it would (just because a character isn't as popular as the rest doesn't mean the show is better off without them). Lie to Me was definitely better for having Agent Reynolds on the show.

They won't bring him back, Some knucklehead at FOX decided to cut him and the FBI from the show, I fail to see how that is a good thing but apparently Lightman doesn't need the FBI to get criminal cases and stuff to investigate.

I am p*ssed that Lightman dealt with Reynolds and the feds in two sentences while sitting on a step even if he was p*ssed at the feds Ben was supposed to be a friend but he didn't even sound like he cared about him at all. They should have just had him die from his gunshot wound rather than be ignored by Lightman.

lynna12000

[17]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 21
    VConn wrote:
    ZekkJedi wrote:

They won't bring him back, Some knucklehead at FOX decided to cut him and the FBI from the show, I fail to see how that is a good thing but apparently Lightman doesn't need the FBI to get criminal cases and stuff to investigate.

I am p*ssed that Lightman dealt with Reynolds and the feds in two sentences while sitting on a step even if he was p*ssed at the feds Ben was supposed to be a friend but he didn't even sound like he cared about him at all. They should have just had him die from his gunshot wound rather than be ignored by Lightman.

I think Lightman ignoring Ben is his way of showing how upset he is. That's just how Cal deals with frustration. He can't hit anyone; so he ignores them.