Lie to Me Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Lie To Me Question & Answers Thread

  • Avatar of lynna12000

    lynna12000

    [61]Feb 12, 2010
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,437
    Is it possible for the moderator to disable the episode rating system until the episode is broadcast? It's always disturbing to see that trolls have given low ratings to shows that haven't even been seen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fun4tv

    fun4tv

    [62]Feb 13, 2010
    • member since: 02/14/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    what is the name of the song at the end of episode 11, season 1?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClassicCouples

    ClassicCouples

    [63]Feb 18, 2010
    • member since: 11/19/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 237
    fun4tv wrote:
    what is the name of the song at the end of episode 11, season 1?


    I believe that it is "Walk Away" by Joseph Arthur.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vicstic

    vicstic

    [64]Mar 2, 2010
    • member since: 02/29/04
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 40

    lynna12000 wrote:
    Is it possible for the moderator to disable the episode rating system until the episode is broadcast? It's always disturbing to see that trolls have given low ratings to shows that haven't even been seen.


    I totally agree. Why do they waste their time on something that don't like? Get a life people! If you don't like something , watch something else, or at least come up with a decent argument! I enjoy reading differing opinions on things, but what they're doing is just petty.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TVroundtheclock

    TVroundtheclock

    [65]Mar 24, 2010
    • member since: 03/20/10
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 348
    The show's great, im a fan but does anyone else think that with shows like lie to me and the mentalist, they're just trying to immitate house.
    i mean if you look good you can see his character is a bit like house.
    I was wodering if anyone else thinks the same.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OnePerCentClub

    OnePerCentClub

    [66]Mar 27, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 2,576
    TVroundtheclock wrote:
    The show's great, im a fan but does anyone else think that with shows like lie to me and the mentalist, they're just trying to immitate house.
    i mean if you look good you can see his character is a bit like house.
    I was wodering if anyone else thinks the same.


    Totally disagree. I don't know how Lie To Me can be like House. I don't care about The Mentalist, which is very boring by the way. But House, the character, has no soul, at least Lightman has a daughter, loves her and worries about her and he is very fond of Gillian. House has way more issues and deals with different things.

    I don't think a network would green light a show if they already have one similar.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of showinuse9

    showinuse9

    [67]Apr 18, 2010
    • member since: 02/27/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 956
    actually a lot of fox shows seem to using the same formula for the shows. Like Lie to me, house, bones, havent seen the mentalist so dont know what its about. but they have a lead character who is all about logic, is the top in their field, and stuff like that
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of allymcbealitaly

    allymcbealitaly

    [68]Apr 19, 2010
    • member since: 12/13/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    EPISODE 2X8
    In this episode (2x Cal leaves the military alone to fight Taliban, but was it necessary? Could not take he away with them? I didn't understood why he leaves there to die.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of allymcbealitaly

    allymcbealitaly

    [69]Apr 19, 2010
    • member since: 12/13/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    2 X EIGHT
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skhplbliss

    skhplbliss

    [70]May 14, 2010
    • member since: 11/19/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 334
    showinuse9 wrote:
    actually a lot of fox shows seem to using the same formula for the shows. Like Lie to me, house, bones, havent seen the mentalist so dont know what its about. but they have a lead character who is all about logic, is the top in their field, and stuff like that


    Yeah, but Lie to Me has TIM ROTH. Any veteran of a Quentin Tarantino film is OK in my book.
    As for the whole formulaic thing to it, well, that's why it's called a procedural. Good guys get asked to help get bad guys (or disease), good guys win, and characters develop; it's that last bit that differentiates the show.
    As for The Mentalist, don't waste your time. If you want to watch a show like that, watch Psych. The Mentalist essentially ripped its whole premise from that show. And I HATE Simon Baker.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skhplbliss

    skhplbliss

    [71]May 14, 2010
    • member since: 11/19/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 334
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Totally disagree. I don't know how Lie To Me can be like House. I don't care about The Mentalist, which is very boring by the way. But House, the character, has no soul, at least Lightman has a daughter, loves her and worries about her and he is very fond of Gillian. House has way more issues and deals with different things.
    I don't think a network would green light a show if they already have one similar.


    1) Lie to Me and House are incredibly similar. 1a) Both are "hyper-rational," or the characters at least think of themselves as being so
    1b) Both are men
    1c) Both have HUGE character flaws
    1d) A history of conflict with the law
    1e) Both have a partner (Lie to Me) or boss (House) who is a woman
    1f) The partner or boss is essentially the mother of the main character
    1g) The partner or boss is the main love interest in the show
    1h) They both have a team working for them of a woman (Ria [Lie to Me] or Cameron [House], and this is going off the first season of House, in which case for the fourth and subsequent seasons you can substitute 13), a black guy (Agent Reynolds [Lie to Me] or Foreman [House]), and a white guy/s (Loker [Lie to Me] or Chase [House] and Taub [House]).
    1i) They both have an obsession with the truth
    1j) They enjoy pissing people off

    2) That said, it's not a bad thing. I love both shows. Just because House and Lie to Me are incredibly similar shows, that doesn't make them bad. This is more of an homage than a ripoff though, and the two should not be confused.

    3) I agree with you that The Mentalist is garbage. It completely ripped off Psych. I say "ripped off" because, the premise of Psych aside, the main character is a character with increased perception, a fairly singular character. Also, Simon Baker makes me angry. He just pisses me off.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BeLGaRaTh_67

    BeLGaRaTh_67

    [72]Jun 17, 2010
    • member since: 11/24/03
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 2
    Does anyone know what happened at the end of episode 9 (Fold Equity) Cal bets all the money at the casino and it just fades to black with the sound of the roulette ball dropping. It is not mentioned again after that Did he win?/Did he lose? either way way isnt it mentioned
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wizardfingers

    wizardfingers

    [73]Jul 20, 2010
    • member since: 12/27/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    anyone know the song at the end of Lie to Me season 2 episode 16
    following up over here aswell: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhUITOGJ6S.YOBWijn05buzsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100720091245AAiAyDO



    edit: found it, its called "First Light" by Matt Pond PA
    thanks to mike.dennis_belgium answers.yahoo.com member )

    Edited on 07/20/2010 10:03am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NicolaiSyvertse

    NicolaiSyvertse

    [74]Jul 21, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 4
    funny because I watch The Mentalist and not Psych. I watched an episode of Psych and it felt more like a comedy compared to The Mentalist. It is just way more goofy.
    I don't mind Simon Baker at all.

    But you probably dislike The Mentalist for the same reasons I like it.
    so there you go.

    and yes, this season of Lie To Me has been fantastic and I do see that it has become more like a regular crime show. And yes it is procedural which I can accept. Even The X-Files was that even though that was the 90s best show. So there is nothing wrong about being procedural if done right.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OnePerCentClub

    OnePerCentClub

    [75]Jul 21, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 2,576
    Yeah, X-files, best show of the decade. Without a doubt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smilingflo

    smilingflo

    [76]Jul 24, 2010
    • member since: 07/24/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3

    I am searching for the episode of Lie to me in which an unconscious bias test on racial prejudice is taken by policemen. Does anyone remember in which show it happens ( I would have said season 1 bu not so sure). And if you even know at what point it happens in that episode, even better


    Thanks in advance for your help.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lemae_27

    lemae_27

    [77]Jul 25, 2010
    • member since: 01/02/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 92

    smilingflo wrote:


    I am searching for the episode of Lie to me in which an unconscious bias test on racial prejudice is taken by policemen. Does anyone remember in which show it happens ( I would have said season 1 bu not so sure). And if you even know at what point it happens in that episode, even better


    Thanks in advance for your help.





    It was firemen, in Unchained, 1x05. It's the one were Cal is investigating whether a gang leader is reformed.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smilingflo

    smilingflo

    [78]Jul 26, 2010
    • member since: 07/24/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3
    lemae_27 wrote:

    It was firemen, in Unchained, 1x05. It's the one were Cal is investigating whether a gang leader is reformed.



    Thanks so much for this. This is truly appreciated.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AchillesUchiha

    AchillesUchiha

    [79]Aug 6, 2010
    • member since: 08/03/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 43
    Question:
    Is Tim Roth a nobody without his accent? Because I think it is that exotic foreign accent that forces suspects to confess even though Tim Roth has no solid evidence and 6/10, they would be found innocent in court.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of giggs92

    giggs92

    [80]Sep 1, 2010
    • member since: 01/04/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 138

    Is this show being cancelled? I read that the ratings are poor and it is not on Fox's line up. Does anyone know anything about this?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.