Lie to Me

In the Red

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 04, 2010 on FOX

• In this superb season premier, we get reintroduced to the characters as each plays their own part in attempting to prevent a bank robbery. Once again, Lightman uses only facial recognition to spot the suspects and put himself in the middle of the action.

It's interesting as we learn how each character summarizes the others to help the audience get introduced. Poor Loker gets the sharp end of it all, despite his recent promotion (in season 2). I feel like his character only recently took a downhill turn in how he's portrayed. I'm not so sure his previous actions warrant it.

Torres, sly and smart, outplays Loker despite her now being his Loker's "assistant." She's portrayed well with a good bit of Lightman in her character. I felt like they represented her spot on. Lightman, rash, smart, and risky as always carries the show. I felt like they played up his rambunctious nature for any new audience. Once again he outdoes himself. I also appreciated his insight into each of the criminals and desire to help them from stepping into a dumb crime. The new detective has an awesome roll and plays a vital roll in the plot. It's really interesting how she's taken a liking to Lightman despite their first meeting in season two's finale. I really like her character. The foreshadow is there that she'll fill the spot Ben Reynolds left. Overall, it was a great episode, one that could easily catch up someone new to the show, excite for the faithful watchers, and keep you guessing.