Lie to Me

Love Always

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 18, 2009 on FOX

• Lie to me Korean Style

This episode has just as much to with family as it does with politics. While protecting the South Korean Ambassador at his son's wedding, his son is shot. Cal and his team go through everyone there and cannot find a suspect. Initially Cal thinks it is may the the Ambassador's body guard, who is actually his son as well. The body guard has no respect for the son that is getting married. It all starts to come together when they are watching the tape of the wedding and the bride makes a motion when saying her name that indicates it is not her real name. Apparently she had gotten out of a bad marriage several years before, moved and changed her name. As luck would have it, one of cameramen was here ex-husband and was stalking her. He smuggled a gun into the wedding and shot the groom. The bride thought that after all of this came out the Ambassador would disown her be he took her to see her groom at the hospital. One very important thing that happened in the end is that the Ambassador gave his bodyguard (his son) a deep bow of respect; something he had never done in the past.
  • Slightly dull episode.

This was not a very enthralling episode but it was basically okay. The ending was rather far fetched and I could not really believe that the bride did not know what was going on or that she did not recognise the gunman at the reception. There were too few of those brilliant Cal moments that I had enjoyed in previous episodes. Eli had a couple of nice moments but Gillian and Ria were not very interesting. I hope that Lie to Me picks up a bit next episode or it is in great danger of Fox cancelling it before it even leaves the starting blocks.
  • It was okay.

I love the show, but I found this episode lacking somehow and I honestly can't put my finger on it. I found the concept of determining a lie in another culture really interesting. As they discussed in the episode every culture has differing mannerisms and jestures and figuring out the truth was the challenge. The complexity of the episode I think was a little bit too all over the place. To a degree I think it lack some focus. I'm hoping Agent Durpee makes a reappearance. Big fan of Sean P. and I think after walking a few episodes, I'm picking up on some lies of her own from Mrs. Foster. I don't believe she's as in the dark about the state of her marriage and she's leading people to believe. She is an expert on lying.