Life Goes On

ABC (ended 1993)

SrRui

Life Goes On Fan Reviews (8)

• WB needs to get off it's ass and release season 2.

This has been a source of frustration for me. They teased us by releasing season one on dvd and now they are sketchy about releasing the rest of them. To me that is not right. This is a great show that I loved as child and I still love it now. Watching it as an adult brought me back to a great time period in television. They need to make another show like this. They certainly don't make them like this anymore. The actors are well trained and most of the guest stars have theatre backgrounds so the performances are intense. You can tell all the adult actors attend classes and study acting. That is something you definitely don't see anymore. Most tv shows nowadays feature actors who have no training or no acting skill whatsoever. Most of them are models posing in front of the camera, delivering the lines as lifeless drones. Another major difference in this show from the garbage on tv now is that it has a strong family unit and teach values. What makes it so great is that they teach the values in a way that truly uses storytelling. It shows you the moral of the story rather than cramming it down you throat because some overpaid writer was too lazy to actually do his job. It had a nice film look to it too. It was lit with a sense of shadow as opposed to this overly bright and sometimes washed out look they go for now. Everything looks like digital even though it is shot on film. What's the point of using film if your trying to make it look like digital. This show actually makes you feel good at the end of it. Again not something that you see anymore. Maybe they don't want to release it because if people start watching shows like this on dvd, they might realize how poor the crap on tv nowadays truly is.