Life is Wild

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 2007 on The CW

• great pilot episode

I thought that this was an excellent pilot episode. They explained everything really well, and it wasn't hard to understand. I like the character Katie Clarke, and I hope that her and Oliver get together, because they looked like they liked each other. Katie's brother is hot! & so is Oliver. hah I thought that it was cool. It showed Katie & her family moving to South Africa. At first Jesse really didn't like Danny & the Clarkes, but I think in the end he started to appreciate them. Katie met some of the village people in South Africa. Her new friend was named Tumelo, and he helped her out.

I'm really looking forward to watching more & I think this is going to be a great show! (:
  • No the best pilot, but could be great.

Not the best written pilot, but could really work. If they keep it up and play up the Africa, and down the love triangle I think it could be much better. Leah Pipes is amazing. She steals every scene she is in, and if this show finds its footing, she could single-handedly carry it. She is the reason to watch.

The thing is, this is a Family Drama, and people need to remember that, in a TV season of Gossip Girl and Private Practice, it is nice to see a well written family drama, they are hard to do, but totally can be, and can be successfull.

I hope this one is.
  • Interesting episode, a very promising series

I was interested in the show from the first time I saw the ad on TV and I thought it may be good. I decided to watch the first minutes of the episode (I was kind of busy) but it really made me stay tuned in! it is interesting, the places that are shot are amazing and the animals that appear here are great.

First of all, the characters are not a big surprise, kind of "Step by step" family type. It is a family that doesn't get along at the beginning and during the show they will learn to care for each other. The storyline seems very interesting though, the kind of animals they can save and help are very amazing like the lion from this episode. I think this show will show us the magical side of Africa and will make us want to go there... I know I already want to =)
  • A vet takes his family from New York to Africa.

Good, solid first episode.

The story so far is not that original. A girl missing her mom while acting more mature than her age. A bad boy resenting his new step father, two more kids to make it look like a real family. The contrast between New York and Africa, the contrast between the posh lodge and the old one the family is staying at. The siblings not getting along, etc. Still, I enjoyed it and I think it definitely has potential. I thought the actors were quite good, the story is just starting out and the scenery is beautiful, so I'm looking forward to more episodes.
  • Interesting show!

Katie's dad, Danny, who is also a vet and her stepmother, Jo, have decided to move to South Africa. Katie and her rebellious stepbrother, Jesse, totally despise the idea. Katie meets Tumelo, a native, and Oliver, a British guy, along with his sister, Emily. Also in the family are Chase and Mia. Chase finds a young lion cub who seems to be lost. Katie takes interest in Oliver as well as Tumelo. Jesse seems attracted to Emily. A lioness almost attacks Katie and Jesse. Danny cares for the lion cub after it's found and also for the lioness who Art shoots. Art is the Blue Antelope owner. The family tries getting used to living in Africa.

This was a pretty good episode. It introduces everyone pretty well and I love the plot. Personally, I would totally hate going to live in South Africa or any other country for that matter. This episode gets a 9.5 out of 10!