Life is Wild

Ubuntu

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 14, 2007 on The CW

• What the show can be, if it keeps it up.

This is why I stuck with the show. It worked on all levels, from the who, outsider/fish-out-of-water thing, even though the "mean girls" thing was a little overplayed and overhanded, it was still livable.

Leah again, was amazing, I really am starting to think that she will be and as something special. It reminds me of about episode 3 of Veronica Mars when I reliezed I would follow Kristen Bell to the moon.

I just really hope the show keeps it up. Considering how bad the ratings were, I have a bad feeling and don't think the show will last past Novemeber sweeps, but here is hoping...
  • Pretty good!

It's everyone's first day of school. Katie seems to be making friends with Emily and her friend Lauren. What she doesn't know is that Lauren used to date Oliver and now that Oliver seems interested in Katie, Lauren and Emily want to plot against Katie. Katie gets Tumelo an apprenticeship with her father. Lauren and Emily tell Katie about a concert and they invite her to come along. They also invite Oliver. They tell Katie wrong directions and she gets lost. She is devastated. Oliver shows Jesse a cool hangout where there is a cute girl there. Jesse wants to get a job there. Jo wants to redesign the Blue Antelope, but Art doesn't think it's a good idea. Danny is having trouble communicating with the natives. He also investigates a situation where animals are collapsing for no apparent reason. Chase wants to change his name to Madeba.

This was a pretty good episode. I really like Tumelo! He's a good friend! I hated what Lauren and Emily did to Katie. Jesse seems to be going up and down. He wants a job, which is good, but it's only for the girl, which is not so good. He also says that he's 18 and allowed to drink. I did not get the Chase thing, so I might've missed something. This episode gets a 9.5 out of 10!
  • Jo has the plan to turn the lodge into an eco-lodge

It's the first day at a new school. Two of the popular girls seem to want to help Katie, but it turns out they do not exactly have the best of intentions.
    Jesse is being a bad boy, again, but when he meets a beautiful girl who works in a bar, he promises to be on his best behaviour so that his parents will let him have a job at the bar, even though he has to lie and tell them he's 18.

The bad boy attitude from both Jesse and a bit by Chase in this episode doesn't really seem convincing. Katie should have known better than to simply trust the two most popular girls, popular girls are never nice.