Life on Mars (UK)

Episode 8

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 27, 2006 on BBC

• Disappointing in the same way Lost's first season was

The flashbacks and the father figure issues are resolved with the end of the season, but I was left wanting a change of pace for season 2, just like I was when season 1 of Lost ended.

Even the intro proposes more possibilities than are developed in what we've seen so far. "Am I crazy, in a coma or a time traveller?". We've seen the coma thing play out, but Sam as a madman in 1973 hasn't been fully explored yet.

Also, I've said it in another review before, I'd still love the show without the time travel plot. The setting, writing and characters are all great. But when the show goes into the twilight zone we need to see bigger and better developments. I'll still come back for the humour filled filler, which has been consistently better than anything else out there and a great nostalgia trip for those of us who are dead tired of unlikely neon lit forensics labs and grim pseudo-fascist middle age ken and barbie dolls posing as cops.