Life On Mars

Out Here in the Fields

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 09, 2008 on ABC

• Off to a great start!

I was hoping to like this show and this episode didn't disappoint me. I couldn't believe how fast that hour went. First about the casting excellent job! Jason O'Mara is an excellent actor and did a fantastic job of showing all the different emotions that Sam Tyler must be going through. You could tell while talking to young Colin at the end how torn he was by what he was thinking about doing but not sure what else he could do. I like the chemistry between him and Gretchen Mol as Annie. You can tell they will become good friends, and she will possibly be the only one he can turn to. Despite the friction between Tyler and Hunt you can see that these two can develop if not a friendship a mutual respect for one another. Despite his age it looks like Keitel can definitely pull this off. Michael Imperioli as Ray is great, he brings a great sense of humor. The music was great. Some songs I haven't heard in a long time brought back some memories. The location: New York is great. I love how they used the Twin Towers to help Sam realize something isn't right. I'm definitely looking forward to future episodes. Great job by cast, writers and crew.