Life On Mars

The Man Who Sold the World

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 20, 2008 on ABC

• A great episode.

Love this show. Always loved any type of "time travel." This episode was very well done and helps with the mystery of why Sam is back in 1973. Why are they going off until Jan 28 for any new episodes ???
    And will we ever find out WHY and WHEN this season. Will Sam regain his 2008 life.....and it would make a great final episode to return and then see the fellow detectives (retired...or dead) and say "see, I told you so, I wasn't crazy, I did go back(to 1973) and see their reaction. Be a great way to end the season but I guess it would then end the series.
    This is one of the BEST new series this year!!!
  • What!

So, this review might give the episode way a bit and have a few spoilers, so if you've not seen the show you might not want to continue. This episode is absolutely pivotal to the show. We learn that Sam's Dad is not just gray but out and out bad. This show is very why is Sam in 1973 heavy, but its done very well in this episode as we actually work at the mystery rather than musing on it. For all these reasons this is a really good episode. The ending is really creepy however. What could be in the basement? Hopefully not Sam's mangled father, as I think it is bad enough being shot by your father without having to find his dead body. A really great episode of a great show.