Life Unexpected

Affair Remembered

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 18, 2011 on The CW

7.7
  • Lux bows out with a focus on important relationships, character development and a bittersweet ending.

Series finales should be for the fans and in that respect, LIFE UNEXPECTED's final episode delivered. Touching upon every subject that could possibly be important for the viewers, the finale didn't shy away from calling the waterworks and upping the toothache. It's often dangerous to play this many dramatic scenes and try to make them work. I'm not a fan of the show so these moments full of character revelations bare way less meaning to me, yet any finale can drown in the sea of self-pity and search for resolution. Affair Remembered however, did not. Mostly thanks to Britt's powerful acting, most scenes felt truthful to the story and loyal to the fans. From Baze moving on from his comparisons to his father to Lux finally expressing her fears and doubts to those who love her, the episode serves as a great final chapter. For me it worked too, because even in its final moments the show left to wonder who Kate would end up with, which, especially for a series finale, is a trick. I have only seen the premieres and finales of the show but even I felt content with how it all ended. This is not a show that ends with the shocking return of a character who turns out to be pregnant, instead it ends gracefully two years later when everything is said and done. Even if we had those season in between it would not have ended differently.
    An episode that was true to the show's hart, honest, emotional and by for not ready to stop beating.