Life Unexpected

Family Therapized

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 22, 2010 on The CW

7.2
  • This one hit a bit too close to home.

As an adoptive parent I have been trying to overlook the 'unrealistic' aspects of Lux's story. (Blond blue eyed baby girl NOT adopted?? Even with a serious heart murmur? Come on....) I have been enjoying watching this family come together and the trials and tribulations of dealing with a teen. I guess I have fallen into the rut with it all but this particular episode dealt me a surprising sucker punch. I took Lux's obnoxious behavior as being part of the whiney, egocentric teen persona. But when she stood up and revealed that her inability to forgive Kate is rooted in her sense of anger and loss at being given away at birth? Wooo. I have spent the last week reaching out to my own kids to see what their feelings are. To a point that THEY are impatient with me. With that said, I am looking forward to seeing more of how this relationship continues. The one thing about this show is that the characters do NOT wrap everything up in a nice neat box and put a bow on the top. As for Baze and Abby? Ewww.