Life Unexpected Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Life Unexpected: Next in line to get canceled.

Canogaparkcindy

[1]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 49

Sorry LUX fans, but here's the sad truth. Link here to prove it. Apparently it's doing really bad on the CW on ratings, heck even Hellcats is doing better. Start your petitions now LUX fans now that were early in season 2!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canogaparkcindy

[2]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 49
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:

Sorry LUX fans, but here's the sad truth. Link here to prove it. Apparently it's doing really bad on the CW on ratings, heck even Hellcats is doing better. Start your petitions now LUX fans now that were early in season 2!

Quote from the article:
    "Life Unexpected is the only CW show certain to be canceled at this point. I don't expect Life Unexpected to be pulled before it finishes its entire episode order this season. It isn't doing any worse relatively than Melrose Place was last season, and the CW even added some episodes to Melrose's order. The only thing that might take Life Unexpected out of the schedule early is if the CW has an hour long show waiting for mid-season that it wants to get into the line up. I couldn't guess about that."

boom-moo

[3]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 75
    I dunno about ratings but the forum is pretty dead. Pity.

TankLike

[4]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 7

Well, maybe for a lot of people it's enough to watch a drama show and we don't have to talk about and disect it for hours.

Let's be honest: There isn't that much to discuss. If the actors are doing there job a drama show like Life Unexpected is pretty straight on. There aren't really that much mysteries or riddles or questions we have to talk about. Actually I'm postulating right now that the better a drama show is the less discussion there has to be.
    And from where I'm standing Life Unexpected is pretty amazing. The actors, the dynamic, the possibilities of situations one can show these characters in - this show has it all. A show like this lives from the emotions the actors generate inside the viewer. And while this is pretty hard to do (and somehow this show keeps doing it every episode) it's something every person has to experience for himself (or herself for that matter).
    In my opinion it's without a doubt the best family drama show at this point. And after Life Unexpected there's Parenthood next in line. But somehow the latter managed to be more popular.

Anyway. What I'm trying to say: Watch it, cherish it, enjoy it. And do not make the mistake of measuring the quality of a show or the affection of the fans for that show by the posts in the "episode of the week"-topic!

boom-moo

[5]Oct 15, 2010
    TankLike wrote:
    I'm postulating right now that the better a drama show is the less discussion there has to be.
    I don't agree that a good straight on drama show leaves little room for discussion but I see how it could be harder to comment on those.
    TankLike wrote:
    Anyway. What I'm trying to say: Watch it, cherish it, enjoy it. And do not make the mistake of measuring the quality of a show or the affection of the fans for that show by the posts in the "episode of the week"-topic!
    I agree, I think you got me wrong. I didn't mean that the quality or the fanbase of a show should by measured taking into account how active a forum is (I don't comment in most of the things I watch and I don't care about ratings as an indicator of the shows I should watch/stick to), but I like it when a forum is lively and miss that here.

TankLike

[6]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 7

What would you want to discuss about? As I said before there are no murders, no conspirancies or big mysteries one has to solve. Unlike in BSG, Eureka or even NCIS (to name a none SciFi-show). So basically the only thing one can talk about is who should end up with whom or about the performance of the actors.
    And the first one is a bit too much tabloid for me and the latter is (in my opinion) without a flaw.

But I'm open for alternatives. So go ahead

Speaking of: I don't know if this is good or bad but see for yourselves...
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/14/the-cw-orders-more-life-unexpected/

Edited on 10/15/2010 5:19am
    Edited 2 total times.

txgirl75

[7]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 23
    TankLike wrote:

What would you want to discuss about? As I said before there are no murders, no conspirancies or big mysteries one has to solve. Unlike in BSG, Eureka or even NCIS (to name a none SciFi-show). So basically the only thing one can talk about is who should end up with whom or about the performance of the actors.
    And the first one is a bit too much tabloid for me and the latter is (in my opinion) without a flaw.

But I'm open for alternatives. So go ahead

Speaking of: I don't know if this is good or bad but see for yourselves...
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/14/the-cw-orders-more-life-unexpected/

don't sound like it's getting cancelled... i'm glad though.

boom-moo

[8]Oct 18, 2010
    TankLike, I think there are plenty of things that could be discussed: the plotlines, twists, the life setbacks, achievements and lessons as well as the feelings, emotions and experiences the characters go through and to which we can relate or have an opinion about.

I reckon it's tougher to discuss about that sort of topics than about sci-fi, crime procedurals or comedy ones though. During the first season of both this show and Parenthood, I opened episode threads with close to no success in engaging people into discussion (I changed the tone of my Parenthood season 1 ones but still it doesn't seem to be the kind of stuff that is appealing for people to talk about) so whatever.

Bottom line is I am committed to enough things in this site as it is so I moved on. The "Season 2 is here!" thread seems to be the place to post every week and I'm fine with it.

pgsuperfan

[9]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 25

I have to agree this is DEAD !!!

JaiCSC

[11]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 17

It didn't get a full season. So I think we can assume that Life Unexpected is outta heeeeeeeeeere.Damn does that suck.

Out of all the shows I watch, LUX has been the most compelling and engaging I've seen in some time. I know it isn't the most original but it does have some really great and complex characters and I have been really enjoying seeing theirstories unfold.

Oh well. Hopefully this has been enough notice for the LUX creators to work out a decent ending. It's a great show and it doesn't deserve to be left hanging.

JoshSutton

[12]Oct 25, 2010
    • level: 15
    Whoever said about the great dramas not needing a lot of discussion i agree, check out the Friday Night Lights' board, barely gets any feedback from fans but it is such an amazing drama.

pgsuperfan

[13]Oct 27, 2010
    • level: 25

I agree really sucks big time

TheaSiX

[14]Oct 31, 2010
    • level: 6
    That's a shame! I love Life Unexpected. hundred times better than OTH which is dead to me. Well I guess we'll have to enjoy Life Unexpected as much as we can and let the big people decide..

greysanatomy12

[15]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 16

Life unexpected will never be as good as OTH but it's still a cute show..I was actually rooting for it!

TheaSiX

[16]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 6
    Actually in my opinion Life Unexpected is way better than last 4 seasons of oth

txgirl75

[17]Nov 2, 2010
    • level: 23
    TheaSiX wrote:
    I totally agree.

alirk

[18]Nov 2, 2010
    • level: 22

TheaSiX wrote:

Actually OTH has been really good this season. As far as LUX goes...Well, I really liked season 1, but I'm not liking season 2 as much. Maybe it just slower to me...Having said that, I still don't want LUX to get canned. I still like the show & I'm a big Shiri Appleby fan

Edited on 11/02/2010 3:44pm

greysanatomy12

[19]Nov 2, 2010
    • level: 16

I think people are way too hard on OTH.The only OTH season i disliked was season 6.To me,season 5 was great and season 7 was pretty good.Season 8,so far,has been a return to form.Right now,OTH is more interesting to me than LUX even though the one is in it's eighth season and the other in it's second.

The problem i have with LUX is the characters.The writers are making Lux and Cate really unlikeable.Cate is always fighting with someone(Ryan,Lux,her mother,Baze..) and Lux is acting like a complete brat.She used to be a rebel and now she is just annoying.Also,i hate those story lines they do that get resolved in an episode,like Lux cheating or Cate being on the pill without Ryan's knowledge.

And as i've said before you can't a judge a show that has produced 159 episodes to one that has only produced 20 episodes.

boom-moo

[20]Nov 3, 2010
    greysanatomy12 wrote:
    The writers are making Lux and Cate really unlikeable.Cate is always fighting with someone(Ryan,Lux,her mother,Baze..) and Lux is acting like a complete brat.She used to be a rebel and now she is just annoying.
    As much as I like the show, I agree.