Life Unexpected Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Life Unexpected: Next in line to get canceled.

JaiCSC

[21]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 17
    boom-moo wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:
    The writers are making Lux and Cate really unlikeable.Cate is always fighting with someone(Ryan,Lux,her mother,Baze..) and Lux is acting like a complete brat.She used to be a rebel and now she is just annoying.
    As much as I like the show, I agree.

I can't help but totally agree with this.

I do like Life Unexpected. But this season it seems as though the writers are making Cate and Lux conflicted and flawed for the sheer sake of it and they are just coming across as *****y.

It was really evident in the cross over episode too which was bad.

The whole idea of a crossover like this is to bring viewers and attention to LUX and it's bad that the the people who tuned into LUX to satisfy their curiosity were rewarded with seeing to two act like they did.

The Cate and Lux did have some good moments in that episode... RIGHT AT THE END. The only time they were compelling or endearing was at the end long after Haley finished her cameo and any new viewer gave a damn.

Before that we saw Luk in a low cut top, trying to get the attention of her teacher, throw a hissy fit as her best friend cause the guy she wasn't interested in liked her instead and Cate... less said the better.

It was a shame that was what they were like in that episode and that was the crossover one too. Criminal Incriminated was a delight of an episode had people saw that episode it would have been more likely to capture people's attention.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canogaparkcindy

[22]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 49

Almost certainly canceled:

Proof here

boom-moo

[23]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 75
    Meh, I hope they give it a proper ending.

thec0mebackman

[24]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 15
    JaiCSC wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:
    The writers are making Lux and Cate really unlikeable.Cate is always fighting with someone(Ryan,Lux,her mother,Baze..) and Lux is acting like a complete brat.She used to be a rebel and now she is just annoying.
    As much as I like the show, I agree.

I can't help but totally agree with this.

I do like Life Unexpected. But this season it seems as though the writers are making Cate and Lux conflicted and flawed for the sheer sake of it and they are just coming across as *****y.

It was really evident in the cross over episode too which was bad.

The whole idea of a crossover like this is to bring viewers and attention to LUX and it's bad that the the people who tuned into LUX to satisfy their curiosity were rewarded with seeing to two act like they did.

The Cate and Lux did have some good moments in that episode... RIGHT AT THE END. The only time they were compelling or endearing was at the end long after Haley finished her cameo and any new viewer gave a damn.

Before that we saw Luk in a low cut top, trying to get the attention of her teacher, throw a hissy fit as her best friend cause the guy she wasn't interested in liked her instead and Cate... less said the better.

It was a shame that was what they were like in that episode and that was the crossover one too. Criminal Incriminated was a delight of an episode had people saw that episode it would have been more likely to capture people's attention.

disagree, completely. sure they are making Cate & Lux unlikeable, but they have to. the show needs to have some sort of conflict, that drama. & honestly this show ALWAYS delivers. best acting, dialogue is incredible, the storylines really touch the heart. the show can't keep lingering in the whole "gets adopted, foster home, now living with real parents" kinda scenario. that was for season 1. now that it's season 2 they need to have a new touch in the show & I feel they did exactly just that & it worked out perfectly. they still manage to tie in Lux's backstory about the adoption thing & being with her new family but they can't keep repeating that concept over & over again so relationship drama is well-suited. it's such a sad, sad shame that CW didn't pick up more episodes. I feel like they can air this show when the other shows go on break, like during the winter (how they did it for season 1). if they cancel this show, I'm really going to get upset. this is really the first show that has stood out for me & has family values. it's absolutely flawless & it's under-rated. it's actually made me tear up a few times (a TV show rarely ever has that effect on me). I don't think people out there know just how amazing this show is. whatever outcome, let's all tune in & enjoy the rest of the season. I pray to God it doesn't get cancelled. I will never forgive the CW if they do

boom-moo

[25]Nov 5, 2010
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    disagree, completely. sure they are making Cate & Lux unlikeable, but they have to. the show needs to have some sort of conflict, that drama. & honestly this show ALWAYS delivers.
    I see your point but you can write good drama without having the characters being selfish, self-centered and spoiled brats. Now, I don't identify with flawless characters but Cate and Lux have become a bit too much unlikeable on occasion.

alirk

[26]Nov 8, 2010
    • level: 22

I agree about Cate & Lux becoming unlikeable. Maybe that's why I haven't liked this season as much as season 1...On the other hand, I'm really liking Emma Caufield (sp?) as Baze's boss. I loved her as Anya on BtVS & it's great to see her in something else!

Really at this point I would be (pleasantly) surprised if LUX doesn't get canned. The WB/CW has a habit of cancelling really good shows. Think about it: Everwood, Veronica Mars, Privileged. And that's just a few...

Edited on 11/08/2010 2:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

LeonorLagomar

[27]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 1

OMG that's so sad! i think it's a great show full of possibilities

let's jut enjoy it and hope it's a rumor

besides, is there any actual way to stop the channel from cancelling it?

trintv

[28]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 7

Good. It was really good in the first season. Now it is just way to soapy and stupid.

I deleted the camping trip one and deleted my season pass. I'm over it. I hope they put the girl who plays Lux on a better show though, she's extremely likeable and adorable.

My two cents.

trintv

[29]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 7

Also, what is the deal with Lux and her friend drinking and/or talking about drinking so much? Last time I checked

kids in high school aren't allowed to drink and tv shows shouldn't be making it sound like it's ok.

I've noticed it like 4 or 5 times now.

I mean, kids are gonna do whatever they do. We did. I'm just saying, kids also die in cars while underage drinking.

It's irresponsible of them to make it seem cool or acceptable the way they do.

fishysticks55

[30]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 14

I thought season 1 was good. So far season 2 isn't that great. Their are some good story lines and some bad ones. Baze and his boss and Tasha going in the right path are good story lines. but Lux having an affair with a teacher?! a student is having an affair a teacher, it's simply not appropriate. It's quite disturbing. If he wasn't her teacher then it wouldnt have been a big deal. The character Lux was lovable the first season but not so much anymore. She's making Tasha cover for her and using Tasha's place as a rendezvous location to have an affair with a teacher. Kate and Ryan fighting ALL the time is annoying. They make the same little comments about each other all. It gets really old.

You know how each show has a couple that's "meant to be together". This shows couple is Kate and Baze. So far this season, they don't have a lot of screen time together as the first season. I feel like the 'thing' they used to have is gone.

If this show really is going to be canceled then I wouldn't miss it.

boom-moo

[31]Nov 10, 2010
    Just a further example of how Lux and Cate are unlikeable: Lux lets Tasha take all the blame for the hotel charge (she could have perfectly said it was her who convinced Tasha to go the rave and stay the night) and hence ruining her chances to get her life in track. Way to go Lux

And Cate needs emotional space to figure out her answers? C'mon. Ryan said rightaway that he got married to get over Julia's rejection. Cate can't admit she got married to get over Baze.

Ugh.

Canogaparkcindy

[32]Nov 11, 2010

CANCELED:

proof

thec0mebackman

[33]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 15
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:

CANCELED:

proof

*Q&#*@#&@(*#&@(#*&@*(#&@(*#&

CanogaPark, you just killed my day =(
    I will never forgive The CW for this one. they are making a huge mistake. I understand that the ratings matter & all, but I don't think they should cancel the show. I think they should air it like they did with the first season (during the winter break when other shows were on their little break). it's completely unfair! do they even watch the show? I'm freaking pissed at the moment. honestly, I've never fallen in love with a family-oriented show like this one. & coming from a 19 year old guy who has cried from this show, that really means a LOT. CW, go f*ck yourselves. I'm done ranting

boom-moo

[34]Nov 12, 2010
    Too bad, I'm gonna miss this show

greysanatomy12

[35]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 16

Oh no..I'm gonna miss it,too.

txgirl75

[36]Nov 13, 2010
    • level: 23
    boom-moo wrote:
    Just a further example of how Lux and Cate are unlikeable: Lux lets Tasha take all the blame for the hotel charge (she could have perfectly said it was her who convinced Tasha to go the rave and stay the night) and hence ruining her chances to get her life in track. Way to go Lux

And Cate needs emotional space to figure out her answers? C'mon. Ryan said rightaway that he got married to get over Julia's rejection. Cate can't admit she got married to get over Baze.

Ugh.
    Yeah Lux isn't a very good friend.

boom-moo

[37]Nov 14, 2010
    She is a really self centered brat.

Canogaparkcindy

[38]Nov 14, 2010
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:

CANCELED:

proof

I will never forgive The CW for this one. they are making a huge mistake. I understand that the ratings matter & all, but I don't think they should cancel the show. I think they should air it like they did with the first season (during the winter break when other shows were on their little break). it's completely unfair! do they even watch the show? I'm freaking pissed at the moment. honestly, I've never fallen in love with a family-oriented show like this one. & coming from a 19 year old guy who has cried from this show, that really means a LOT. CW, go f*ck yourselves. I'm done ranting
    Haha sorry lol. It's kind of funny though, as the days passed, the cancellation was more certain, at least you had time to prepare yourself lol.

bronbrons27

[39]Nov 15, 2010
    • level: 14
    fishysticks55 wrote:
    I thought season 1 was good. So far season 2 isn't that great. Their are some good story lines and some bad ones. Baze and his boss and Tasha going in the right path are good story lines. but Lux having an affair with a teacher?! a student is having an affair a teacher, it's simply not appropriate. It's quite disturbing. If he wasn't her teacher then it wouldnt have been a big deal.
    I actually don't understand all this hate about Season 2... I've actually really liked Season 2 so far. The only thing I do miss is the Baze/Cate/Ryan love triangle, which I really liked last season, and I do wish Baze and Cate had more storylines together this season.
    The Lux/Eric thing I actually quite like, I know they have done a student/teacher storyline on like a billion other shows but I feel that LUX has done is quite well. Also, Eric is NOT actually Lux's teacher. Math is Lux's English teacher, not Eric. Eric is just another teacher at the school. And yeah I also agree but Lux is a pretty bad friend... but I have liked the fact that Tasha has been at the same school as Lux this season, that's been nice.

thec0mebackman wrote:
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:

CANCELED:

proof

I agree with you, I'm pretty annoyed that the CW has cancelled the show... I also watch OTH and since that show may also be on its last season.. I will not longer be watching anything on the CW if OTH doesn't get another season...

pgsuperfan

[40]Nov 17, 2010
    • level: 25

I will miss it too but will keep watching till the bitter end