Life Unexpected Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Life Unexpected: Next in line to get canceled.

luv2live

[41]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 14
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    fishysticks55 wrote:
    I thought season 1 was good. So far season 2 isn't that great. Their are some good story lines and some bad ones. Baze and his boss and Tasha going in the right path are good story lines. but Lux having an affair with a teacher?! a student is having an affair a teacher, it's simply not appropriate. It's quite disturbing. If he wasn't her teacher then it wouldnt have been a big deal.
    I actually don't understand all this hate about Season 2... I've actually really liked Season 2 so far. The only thing I do miss is the Baze/Cate/Ryan love triangle, which I really liked last season, and I do wish Baze and Cate had more storylines together this season.
    The Lux/Eric thing I actually quite like, I know they have done a student/teacher storyline on like a billion other shows but I feel that LUX has done is quite well. Also, Eric is NOT actually Lux's teacher. Math is Lux's English teacher, not Eric. Eric is just another teacher at the school. And yeah I also agree but Lux is a pretty bad friend... but I have liked the fact that Tasha has been at the same school as Lux this season, that's been nice.

thec0mebackman wrote:
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:

CANCELED:

proof

*Q&#*@#&@(*#&@(#*&@*(#&@(*#&

CanogaPark, you just killed my day =(
    I will never forgive The CW for this one. they are making a huge mistake. I understand that the ratings matter & all, but I don't think they should cancel the show. I think they should air it like they did with the first season (during the winter break when other shows were on their little break). it's completely unfair! do they even watch the show? I'm freaking pissed at the moment. honestly, I've never fallen in love with a family-oriented show like this one. & coming from a 19 year old guy who has cried from this show, that really means a LOT. CW, go f*ck yourselves. I'm done ranting
    I agree with you, I'm pretty annoyed that the CW has cancelled the show... I also watch OTH and since that show may also be on its last season.. I will not longer be watching anything on the CW if OTH doesn't get another season...

I thought it had already been decided that OTH was on its last season; they seem to be trying to wrap things up. I can't believe they are canceling this show, they should give it a little longer. It's a good wholesome show. I think they should give it another season or at least a full season 2
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndyCastor

[42]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 1

A great post about a great show. Season 2 is absolutely amazing. You are exactly right about the emotional side of Life Unexpected, it reminds me very much of series 2-4 of Ally McBeal which always crossed over the happy/sad line so brilliantly.

Just when you think you have found a weak character, they become strong. Kate could have a show of her own, such is the complexity of her character!

bmanchester

[43]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 4

The last I heard, the CW had declined to pick up Life Unexpected's back nine and more recently I read today that one of the actors, Kristoffer Polaha (plays Baze on "Life") signed a deal for a pilot for CBS. I'm not sure, but it certainly doesn't look good for Life Unexpected. Here's the link to the article on TV Guide.com:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kristoffer-Polaha-CBS-1026195.aspx

pgsuperfan

[44]Dec 1, 2010
    • level: 25

I hope it stays on long enough so we will see Kates new baby !!

Maru22

[45]Dec 7, 2010
    • level: 2
    I'm sad they are canceling it, it's a really good show... The only show I like that's on the CW right now. I was never a big fan of OTH although I watched some episodes of the first 4 seasons I never really 'followed it', even though I tried I don't really like it that much. I really liked Gossip Girl until season 3 started, now I don't watch it anymore. And all the other shows on the CW I'm not a fan of...

Life Unexpected was the one I really like, and I'm sad they are canceling it. I just really want them to be able to give it a proper ending. I feel like many things from season 2 haven't been good. Like there's been too much Cate&Ryan drama that's just no interesting.
    I mean the essence of the show is Baze&Cate&Lux, and I honestly don't remember a scene of the three of them together at all this season. THAT's where the magic of the show is, in THAT relationship, the three of them trying to build a family, getting to know each other. And now they have made it all about the couples-drama which honestly we get plenty from all the other shows. I think they should have explored that side of the show much more.
    Also, PLEASE just give Cate&Baze a chance!! They need to be together, I mean they have so much chemistry. It annoys me that it doesn't seem to be leading that way, especially with only 3 episodes left we find out Cate is having Ryan's baby!!! I mean these two aren't good together, they have no chemistry in my opinion, that barely go ONE episode without fighting... And it's like they are getting them stuck together with this baby. I just hope they find a way to get Cate and Baze together, it's what I've been waiting since the first episode!

txgirl75

[46]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 23
    Last night they said season finalie January 18th.. Maybe we still have hope. Is there going to be a mid show replacement?

alirk

[47]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 22

When I first heard that LUX would (probably) be cancelled I wasn't that upset about it b/c I think most of season 2 has been pretty subpar. But something changed over the last few episodes. I found myself being really interested in the stories & really caring again. So now I am bummed Frown

boom-moo

[48]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 75
    txgirl75 wrote:
    Last night they said season finalie January 18th.. Maybe we still have hope. Is there going to be a mid show replacement?
    That's interesting... *fingers crossed*

alirk wrote:
    I think most of season 2 has been pretty subpar. But something changed over the last few episodes. I found myself being really interested in the stories & really caring again. So now I am bummed
    Same here!

bronbrons27

[49]Dec 8, 2010
    txgirl75 wrote:
    Yeah I noticed that it said "Season finale" too, and it gave me a little bit more hope lol. If this is the last season though, it will be really weird that the show started on Monday January 18 2010, and finished Tuesday January 18 2011...

luv2live

[50]Dec 9, 2010
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    txgirl75 wrote:
    Yeah I noticed that it said "Season finale" too, and it gave me a little bit more hope lol. If this is the last season though, it will be really weird that the show started on Monday January 18 2010, and finished Tuesday January 18 2011...

I'm hoping that there is still some slim chance that it will come back. Maybe the final decision hasn't been made yet. Fingers crossed.
    I'm actually kinda liking the Eric Lux thing. I know, I know, would never happen in real life. But he's been good for her. Let's face it, most teenage boys probably wouldn't stick around and help her deal with all the issues she has. They just aren't mature enough, not at that age.

mrquito

[51]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 5

I really like LIFE UNEXPECTED and I have watched every episode since the show started last year.

I hope the show does come back as I think there is still some stories to be told.

This show is so much better than just about anything on the CW - except for Vampire Diairies and Smallville (my opinion).

Well lets all hope for a SEASON 3..........

evl85

[52]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 5

I love this show, it is my favourite show! The characters are real, each episode is engaging, and it brings out all your emotions. The best shows have you feel what the character is feeling, and i get that with this show; sadness, anger, embarressment. Life unexpected has it all!!

I hate it when a show that is so amazing, real, and one of a kind gets cancelled, as there are so many shows out there that have no depth, no emotion, and no connection to the audience, yet they get to stay on air. Save Life unexpected, as you need to give people time to see it, and once they do, they will love it as much as me!!

Canogaparkcindy

[53]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 49

LUX still "doomed"
    Article here

bbyboop1977

[54]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 10

It's a shame if they cancel the show. Besides Supernatural this is the only other show I watch on The CW.

pgsuperfan

[55]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 25

I was wondering whats going on with the show I have noticed the CW running commercials for KMART with the cast at Thanksgiving and Christmas then they announced that Hellcats is moving to Tuesdays in January

bronbrons27

[56]Dec 18, 2010
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:

LUX still "doomed"
    Article here

Ugh, I hate when TV channels do stuff like this and cancel the best shows. Life Unexpected is genuinely a good show and has more potential and depth than a lot of other shows (especially CW shows). I love One Tree Hill as well but honestly, that show has had 8 seasons now and I wouldn't mind if the CW cancelled One Tree Hill and kept Life Unexpected instead, so we can see how that show develops more, because really, 26 episodes it not very much at all...

pgsuperfan wrote:

I was wondering whats going on with the show I have noticed the CW running commercials for KMART with the cast at Thanksgiving and Christmas then they announced that Hellcats is moving to Tuesdays in January

Also, on a side note, I hope they do move Hellcats to Tuesdays after Life Unexpected's season finishes, because then OTH and Hellcats will be on the same night and that would make life much easier for me, lol. I work every Wednesday evening so right now I have to record Hellcats every week...

JoshSutton

[57]Dec 20, 2010
    • level: 15

Ugh! Just ugh! Cry

alirk

[58]Dec 23, 2010
    • level: 22

This whole deal kinda reminds me of what happened to "Priveleged." Only it didn't even get one full season before they axed it...Such a shame

thenchick

[59]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 11

I happen to love Life Unexpected. All of the storylines are amazing. I want another season!!

Melrose Place was good too.

I want more Landon Liboiron's character. Sam and Lux have chemistry!!!

txgirl75

[60]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 23
    I guess we can say it's over. I was real happy with the way ended with Lux graduating and I didn't except Kate and Baze together. I really did love how they ended the show with no loose ends or cliffhanger.. To bad it had to end though..