Life Unexpected Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

LUX Finale

alirk

[1]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 22

What did y'all think of the finale? I liked the ending...A few things seemed a little strange. Like, why was Lux giving the graduation speech? Isn't that reserved for the valivictorian (sp?)? And how could she possibly be the valivictorian? She was having a hard time even passing in 10th grade...But that's really probably my only complaint. Very good ending IMO...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JenniferHartman

[2]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 6

I liked the ending too, but was wishing they could have explained how they got there. Like Cate with Baze, Lux with Jones (what about Tasha dating him??) I liked that they ended up together and everything and I liked the fact that they did this since they are probably cancelling the show. At least with this ending we got to see somewhat of a conclusion and not a cliffhanger like all the other good shows (at least in my opinion) have had.

pgsuperfan

[3]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 25

great ending I guess Lux was the valivictorian and Baze and Cait ended up together finally a fiting ending to the show I hadonly wished that the CW had stuck with show maybe it will end up in rerun land somewhere

luv2live

[4]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 14
    You can tell that they knew it was ending and wanted to give everything a neat little bow. I do wish we knew how Baze and Cate ended up together. I was almost rooting for Cate and Ryan for a while. Lux as valedictorian or even the salutatorian (second best grades) is a stretch, come on. My only other complaint is the Eric thing. For how many episodes they were building those two up. I know its wrong but I was actually starting to like them together. He was good for her, and she did have a point, with everything she'd been through she wasn't a "normal" teenager at least not emotionally. I just thought the end was to abrupt. The man loved her. Then throwing her and Jones like that together in the end. Tasha had no problem with that? It was cute, but given more time I would have liked to see and ending that fit with the season better.

michi_goods

[5]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 3

i looove this show. i'm sad that it has ended. i think they did a good job with the finale-- wrapping-up major story-line points,while still staying ambiguous enough to explore in an upcoming season (if that happens). i don't believe that lux was the valedictorian. she said in her speech that she was "chosen" to make the speech, as if to say, she was just making the "senior- address" (that speaker can be nominated or he/ she might be the class president). The jones/ lux relationship (with a drama-free tasha) is believable for 2 reasons: 1st--this ishigh school... people break-up, date and re-date with-in the same circle of friends all the time; 2nd-- tasha and lux seem too close to let a boy come between them; 3rd and final point,TWO YEARSpassed!!!that is enough time to get over what probably amounted to an insignificant-high school- romance for tasha and developed intoa genuine friendship for all three of them. The only thingiwanted explainedwas"where is cate's mother and sister and why aren't they at the graduation???".

Questions that could be explored later (in a new season full of flashbacks)

when and under what circumstances did cate/baze and ryan/julia hook-up

when did math and alice get married

what were the results of the trial

where does everyone live and how long have they lived in said locations

what is lux's relationship with her grandparents like

what is tasha's relationship with julie like

Hopefully we can explore these question and soooo many more in the seasons to come. maybe they'll go to another network-- the show always seem too good and too mature for the cw (they should try lifetime, usa, oxygen or tbs)

BRING BACK LIFE UNEXPECTED!!!BRING BACK LIFE UNEXPECTED!!!BRING BACK LIFE UNEXPECTED!!!BRING BACK LIFE UNEXPECTED!!!

boom-moo

[6]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 75
    luv2live wrote:
    You can tell that they knew it was ending and wanted to give everything a neat little bow. Lux as valedictorian or even the salutatorian (second best grades) is a stretch, come on. My only other complaint is the Eric thing. For how many episodes they were building those two up. I know its wrong but I was actually starting to like them together. He was good for her, and she did have a point, with everything she'd been through she wasn't a "normal" teenager at least not emotionally. I just thought the end was to abrupt. The man loved her. Then throwing her and Jones like that together in the end. Tasha had no problem with that? It was cute, but given more time I would have liked to see and ending that fit with the season better.
    Happy ending at all cost, absolutely there with you. Lux graduating and giving the speech, having her parents together, a suitable boyfriend and whatnot. Happy, lovely Lux getting every joy possible despite her constant lies and spoiled brat behaviour while those she has hurt and stepped on to get there cheer for her. Why is Eric to take all the blame and the negative consequences of their relationship? He was a decent guy. Why is Tasha to lose her boyfriend so Lux can have him? I don't know what the adult legal age in the States is to date whoever you wish, but by the time she graduates or shortly afterwards, she might have been able to date Eric. I'm gonna miss the show, despite Lux wasn't all that likeable this past season.

wyatt333

[7]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 3

What?????

i liked it dont get me wrong... it was a definate OMG!! moment when u c cate and baze together (a good omg moment but still an omg one) but then a big part of this show was cate nad ryan fighting to be together and all of a sudden its 'mye we'll just forget everything from the last 2 seasons, he can be with julie' yes its 2 years ahead and yes things have changed but its still a big jump.

awww math and alice love that bit, was sweet (glad he got a good ending)....

nice lux has become 'normal' (whatever that is ) but i liked tasha and jones together, meant she had a part of the show away from lux, i thought they should have stayed together and in the 2 years lux has found another normal boyfriend to be with (surely there is more than 1 nice guy in that school so they could both have someone) and shes now 18 she could find eric if she wanted, see what hes up to (yes it was wrong what they did, but there was something about them that i liked, i dunno what - technically it was another storyline that was built up and built up like cate and ryan then just dropped suddenly never to be mentioned again)

...but then...

this episode was going along like normal, and then it was like 'o look our numbers are down we may get cancelled so instead of giving a couple episodes to finish everything up we'll just cut 2ish mins off the orgional storyline and do a jump 2 years in the future and finish the show with a happy ending but not explainging how characters developed etc to keep fans happier' was extremelly rushed 2 me and seemed like they had an origional ending ending for that episode (maybe it was gunna be 'we need to talk' and then the next episode they deal through it etc) but because the show was in trouble or whatever they shortened the origional story so they could fit this new 2years later bit so there wasnt a cliffhanger... i liked that it was rounded of and i will miss this show, i loved the characters but seemed a bit wierd to me...

bronbrons27

[8]Jan 20, 2011
    I really really liked the season finale. I would say both episodes were probably the best episodes of the whole series of Life Unexpected, some parts even made me tear up a little bit.
    The Lux/Eric thing was sooo sad. I actually really liked them together, much more than Lux and Bug. I think that instead of making him leave town immediately, Cate and Baze should just have made Eric quit his job (so he is no longer her teacher) and then let Lux and Eric be together if that's what makes Lux happy. Jones is fine too, but I much prefer Eric.

I liked the ending as well, and Lux's speech. I liked all the couples as well, like Math and Alice - that was so cute, can't believe they didn't think of that til now! And of course, Cate and Baze together, probably the best part of the whole finale, I love them together! And I like that Cate and Ryan are still on good terms, although I do find that a bit unrealistic.

So yeah as a whole, a great season finale!
    I know it's unlikely but I really hope they get a season 3!

brandydan

[9]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 4

I liked the finale, even almost cried cause it was good and i'm so sad the show is over. I liked that in spite of her learning disabilty/almost failing out 10th grade/constantly going from foster family to foster family that Lux Stayed in school, graduated with her class and was valedvictorian. I liked that at least Cate, Baze,Ryan were there and she was able to graduate with her friends. I'm glad Lux and Jones were together in the end, and I liked Cate/Baze together too but I'm a Cate/Ryan person. That was the thing i didn't like about the finale that just when Cate/Ryan get back together/get pregnant/start working together on air again and he says Cate and Lux are more important than having his own kids and ther'e a team exct. and Cate miscarries his baby and can't have more kids, he leaves her for Julia. i understand Ryan wanting to have his own kids/be there for his kid9s) but to dump your wife-though i 'll admit there were still feelings for Julia like there were with Cate/Baze- especially scince Julia lied to him about being pregnant and turned down his marriage proposal. I'll really miss this show and can't wait til April to buy it on dvd for my birthday. I'm sad Cate miscarried and is infertile now.

luckybear101wm3

[10]Jan 23, 2011
    • level: 6

Over all I liked the episode. There were some problems I did have with it. I thought that what they should have done, since this is most likely the series finale, is devote hour one to wrapping up season two then jump two years in the future for hour two. That way we get to see a little more about how they got to where they got to. It was nice that we got everything wrapped up, but I still would have liked to have gotten a little more information about their lives.

alirk

[11]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 22

luckybear101wm3 wrote:

Over all I liked the episode. There were some problems I did have with it. I thought that what they should have done, since this is most likely the series finale, is devote hour one to wrapping up season two then jump two years in the future for hour two. That way we get to see a little more about how they got to where they got to. It was nice that we got everything wrapped up, but I still would have liked to have gotten a little more information about their lives.

Best idea I've heard so far!

curlyqt1986

[12]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 11
    I loved the finale...the ending was great how they showed us who ended up with who..it did feel like more of a series finale then a season finale which made me sad to think it might get canceled. but glad either way that kate and baze are finally together lol. great show

4a-second

[13]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 5

I am soo sad and happy at the same time. Sad, that this wonderful show, which warmed my heart so much has come to an end, yet also happy that it came to end at a good point. Good-bye is always difficult - never easy, but it still arrives eventually.

The ending was good relationswise, I liked that Cate and Base have come together again, that Lux calls them "Mom & Dad", but I think they should've distinguished it more from the "two years before", it didn't really seam like two years had passed (especially felt in Lux's speach, which could've been a lot better).

Many thanks to everybody who has put an effort in this show - because I loved it!

Hope to see a similar show again - SOON!

KasenStuff

[14]Jan 28, 2011
    Wonder when we'll know for sure if it's gone for good...

bronbrons27

[15]Jan 28, 2011
    KasenStuff wrote:
    I think we'll know for sure in May because I'm pretty sure that's when the CW decides for definite which shows are staying and going.

atlonglast

[16]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 2

wouldn't have guessed math and alice together (a bit much) and on top of it expecting a baby. also like someone else said valedictorian lux, though i had some idea that running for such an academic title starts from 9th grade and she wasn't going to school and stuff, all that aside the even though i was hoping for a longer run of the show, you can't beat a "perfect world" ending.

ccynthiacc

[17]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 11

I think her giving the speech means she was valedictorian..and that speech is not always given to the smartest kid. It just proves that she got passed all the crappy stuff in her life and was able to overcome all the obstacles and graduate. and the reason I think they jumped two years is because they probably had other things is the works but because the ratings were so bad they had to end it so they did it like that.

Edited on 01/31/2011 9:54am

KasenStuff

[18]Feb 4, 2011
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    KasenStuff wrote:
    I think we'll know for sure in May because I'm pretty sure that's when the CW decides for definite which shows are staying and going.

That'll be a long wait.

romasticblossom

[19]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 9
    I loved the ending yes, I know we didn't get to know how certain things happened, but the show got cancelled, they couldn't explain it all!
    I thought, because of that, that they'd put Ryan and Cate with a baby and lux with eric and nothing too surprising or touching was coming. End of Story

But it was so, so WONDERFUL when that didn't happen! (I'm sorry for all the Cate/Ryan shippers...and Lux/Eric. I respect you. But,in my opinion they were not OTP couples, you know...I just felt like they missed something.)
    I loved how they threw some couples together like Matt and Alice, Ryan and Julia. It shows how life can be well... unexpected!!!

The fact that Baze and Cate ended up together?? Blew me away. I squealed. No, I screamed! I always thought they were meant to be and the fact that they were far from each other was making me really annoyed at the show ( season 1 kept showing us how they were close and suddenly they stopped?).I'm just so happy they ended up together, they are close indeed Lux and Jones? I used to like them, I stopped caring because tasha/Jones was also adorable and there was Eric( I didn't like him much, but it seemed like he was the love of Lux life or something lol). I loved that they got together in the end, though. It's a message, she didn't need to be with someone that makes her feel normal, no one is.

KasenStuff

[20]Feb 17, 2011
    Goodbye LUX