Life Unexpected Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Ryan Or Baze

Who should Cate be with?

boom-moo

[21]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 75
    I think the foundations for Cate/Ryan relationship stand on more solid ground than the ones for Cate/Baze.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

QueenOfGaming

[22]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 3

I don't see how Kerr Smith could stay on the show if his character didn't stay with Cate and I LOVE Kerr Smith on this show. After all the times Cate has thrown Ryan under the bus this season I can't see him being within 10 miles of that family any longer!

However, one thing I noticed in this weeks episode is that Baze said he liked how it felt that they were all a family, so maybe he doesn't really love Cate in the way a man loves a woman prehaps he just liked them being a family and he will realize this in the finale and when he comes into the church like we saw in the promo will just take his seat and be happy for Cate Innocent

Edited on 04/08/2010 3:01am
    Edited 3 total times.

HannaBanana579

[23]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 8

QueenOfGaming wrote:

I don't see how Kerr Smith could stay on the show if his character didn't stay with Cate and I LOVE Kerr Smith on this show. After all the times Cate has thrown Ryan under the bus this season I can't see him being within 10 miles of that family any longer!

However, one thing I noticed in this weeks episode is that Baze said he liked how it felt that they were all a family, so maybe he doesn't really love Cate in the way a man loves a woman prehaps he just liked them being a family and he will realize this in the finale and when he comes into the church like we saw in the promo will just take his seat and be happy for Cate Innocent

I was thinking that as well. They've built a relationship between Lux and Ryan, but it would be difficult to keep him in the show. A person can only be so understanding. But for some reason, even though I love Ryan, I feel like they need to give Cate and Baze a chance.

bronbrons27

[24]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 14
    I say Cate and Baze all the way!

BUT, I do like the character Ryan, I just don't like him with Cate.
    However I do think, if they make Cate and Baze get together, that Ryan would still be a character because he would still be a radio host with Cate, right?
    And he could also be used to create extra drama, and for someone for Lux to talk to.

LauraHolban

[25]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 2
    I would have said that too, but I've just came from watching the last episode and Baze didn't make it in time. Or like, he did but Cate put an end to all his "I-want-you-I-don't-want-you" game. I felt kinda sorry for him. I do like Ryan as he is but like, don't with Cate.

pgsuperfan

[26]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 25

I sse I am not alone in thinking thate Kate should be with Baze. I was hoping at the end that Baze would make it to the church in time to stop the wedding but that damm Portland traffic delayed him oh well !!!

Kuuipo23

[27]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 6

Right now Ryan is the safe choice but I don't really feel like he's "the one". He's caring and dependable, he's the stability she always wanted. Baze is a wild card. He's the classic under achiever but he's trying and he has shown that Cate can lean on him when she needs to. Life wouldn't be as stable with Baze there would be lots of ups and downs...but it would a heck of a fun ride.

My vote goes for Baze. He may not be as sturdy as Ryan but he breathes life into Cate and makes her experience and enjoy life. They'll get there eventually.

pumpkin09

[28]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 4

I've been catching up and I really really really like Ryan but after I saw this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKX-5LmFBG0&feature=related

" I never left" and "Always". Guh, BAZE

Gilmorefan09

[29]May 2, 2010
    • level: 9

I love Ryans character and I wouldnt want him written out of the show, but I like Cate and Baze together. Its not because their Lux's mom and dad either. I cringed everytime they put Lorelai and Christopher together on Gilmore Girls, because Lorelai and Luke had much better chemistry. I think that Baze and Cate have better chemistry. On paper Ryan and Cate are the better couple, but when it comes to the show, I like the Cate and Baze scenes a lot more than the Cate and Ryan scenes.

gurlonfire

[30]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 5

Ryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

ecgirl08

[31]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 57

Well, shows like this don't always necessarily have the mom and dad reunite in the end. Just look at how Gilmore Girls turned out. I have a nagging feeling, though, that Baze is the guy who's "meant to be" for Cate, and those old feelings will resurface, especially if the show lasts longer. That being said, I absolutely love Ryan and am hopeful that after everything he's been doing for Cate, they won't just throw him under the bus. Seriously, he is pretty much the perfect guy, and so forgiving. For him to consent to a primary supervisor agreement with Cate for Lux's friend Tasha...man, that's a guy who worships Cate and wants to do right by her no matter what.

But I think they have some major issues that are going to come crashing down, such as the whole baby thing. As much as I like Cate's character, I'm starting to think that Ryan's character deserves a little more...not someone "better", but just someone who's on the same page with him. It seems like he always caves in for Cate when she wants something, and she's trying to do the same for him with the baby thing, but you can just tell it's going to be a problem.

Just in case it sounds like I'm jumping all over the place...I totally, totally want Cate and Ryan to stay together, but I don't know what the writers will choose. Either they'll part ways eventually, or Ryan will change her completely.

Edited on 10/06/2010 9:02am

boom-moo

[32]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 75
    ecgirl08 wrote:
    As much as I like Cate's character, I'm starting to think that Ryan's character deserves a little more...not someone "better", but just someone who's on the same page with him. It seems like he always caves in for Cate when she wants something, and she's trying to do the same for him with the baby thing, but you can just tell it's going to be a problem.
    I totally agree. Ryan has his flaws too but eventually he is putting way more effort, trust and whatnot than Cate in their relationship.

Beecharm3r2

[33]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 8
    Ryan!!!

After seeing the whole series now I don't get how they could have done anything other than Ryan/Cate. I'm baffled. MAYBE if they had a few years to phase out the Ryan/Cate relationship and develop one between Cate and Baze but um...no. As it was, Ryan proved he was willing to fight for Cate, work hard, and he loved her. And they were a great team. It had ups and downs like most relationships so it was more realistic. Cate's actions with Baze were always immature and seemed more about infatuation and resentment than anything. I never saw them together and if it was real life that relationship would crumble and a relationship like Cate and Ryan's would be happy and it would survive a long marriage. Don't get me wrong, I like Baze just not with Cate. I always found them annoying together and I liked Cate and Ryan.