Life Unexpected

Rent Uncollected

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 01, 2010 on The CW

• Ryan blurts out on the radio to Abby, Kate's sister, that Kate had the baby with Baze in high school. Baze's parents plan a dinner to meet Lux and Baze's parents, Kate's Mom, and her sister Abby are there. Everyone is trying to rule Lux's life now.

Nice third episode to this story. Well balanced and thoughtful with some nice twists. Just a little bit to much angst for me and I think a lot of over reaction and assumptions on the relatives parts.

Lessons seem to be learned here that are out of the ordinary. Kate and Baze to a lesser extent are treating Lux like she is a child. Fortunately for them she understands a lot more about the world than they do it seems and maybe just maybe they got the message that at sixteen they need to let her have some say in how things are done.

The part about the two boys and Natasha being her family was so true. It was an excellent observation on their part in the end. I would give real parents a lot of credit in a case like this. You can't rip something that is good away from a young woman who has had so little good in her life.

I especially loved the scene with Lux and Baze's father and then a little later between Baze and his father. I think she made her point to him and we'll see where things go from there. Finally what an unbelievable thing for Lux to do for Baze. I hope he doesn't let her down. Let's face it, the grandparents really would have to be thrilled when all is said and done that they have such a beautiful and obviously intelligent grand daughter. I think I see a little of Baze's dad in Lux!

It will be a lot of fun to see where things go from here. There are still a great many things to deal with and problems to face. If they do it together things will work out all right. They just need to remember to communicate. I have enjoyed the direction the shows gone in so far. Thanks for reading...