Life Unexpected

The CW (ended 2011)

TV123456

Life Unexpected Fan Reviews (23)

7.9
  • Love it. Bring back!!!!!

I have totally fallen in love with the characters, Cate, Base, Lux, and Ryan. Their life dramas seem so normal yet how they react and handle life's challenges is completely compelling. I can't stopped watching one episode after the other. I love it more than General Hospital which I have watched since high school in the 90's. It moves fast and it is hard to predict how the characters will react. I totally thought Cate was going to bail out on Ryan. But I really like them together. I started liking radio talk shows because of your show with Cate & Ryan. I hope you will bring back. I just discovered your show and I am hooked.
  • Wonderful

This was an amazing show. I found this on Neflix and just had to watch both seasons as a marathon. I started to watch it because of Shiri Appleby and continued because it was so wonderfully written. I loved all of the actors even though sometimes some of the characters seemed a bit dull and stupid.

All in all this show was touching. Ending sucked though. Everything was all wrong. I'm just gonna imagine a different ending and maybe then this show is a 10.
  • please bring back the show with a whole lot more seasons lots of people love the show

hi my name is melody and in my opinion i think u ended the show to early and should come back with a striking third season with either showing during lux is in college or after it is a clever amusing awesome show and it is not fun saying i wonder what would have happened and lots of people love the show so i think u NEED to come back with a third season and a whole bunch more seasons like u could have lux and erik meet up again but watever u do just please take my advice and come back with alot more seasons
  • Great show of course it will be canceled

Life unexpected really a great show and have enjoyed watching all episodes/both seasons on the great netflix. Anytime you have show that makes you happy then sad, angry then not is a great one. But I have come to regonize that lots of excellent shows that get canceled are mostly because of not having enough diversity which is a shame but that is how main stream TV is these days.
  • The pilot was good

The pilot was good. I watched the second episode and started to find it boring. This could have worked as a movie, but not as a TV show. I found it a bit sappy after a while. I know that the CW has started a new type of show, rather than intense dramas about people that backstab each other and sleep with each other's boyfriend and shows that are reboots of the 90210 franchise, but I just don't enjoy this show. I don't think this is the kind of show that will still be good and keep its storyline for more than a half season. It's just going turn into a bad version of 90210 after a few episodes of family problems.
  • Life Unexpected is one of my new favorite shows. Besides the fact that I always loved Shiri Appleby since Roswell and knew Kerr Smith from Dawson's Creek you can see how Shiri and Kris react and figure out how to raised a child they never met 'till now.

Is a very interesting show, with old and new faces. It shows something more than other shows. You can see how families can be so different but still there's love, trust, respect etc.. I Love the show since it started how this girl wanted to live her life alone, never depending on parents. And how at the end she can´t deny she is so happy to find her mom and dad and how even she had another life before and another family she still wants to have them in her life. Its a lovely show I hope they get a 2nd, 3rd or more seasons.
  • absolutely love this show! Without a doubt this show must come back and I do like the One Tree Hill show, but this one by far has surpassed my old favorite. The storyline and dynamics of the show are excellent. Please let this show keep on living!

Well Honestly when I first saw the show, I wasn't really sure how I was going to like it. But meeting Lux and then all of a sudden she springs herself on her parents and seeing how they all come together was amazing. To see what Lux has gone through in her life and now things are finally working out for her is great. Kate and Ryan or Kate and Baze? Really that one is tough as Kate loves both Baze and Ryan. I think Ryan and Kate have more in common but Baze and Kate have more chemistry. I cannot wait to see what happens next season!
  • LOVE it! One of my, if not the most, favorite shows! Lovely, touching and down to earth. So different than all the other shows.

Almost episode of this wonderful show I have to cry. It is just such a sweet story and the dialogues are just so touching. Adding the wonderful music just makes it more perfect. I became to love the characters so much, that I feel like they are part of my family. Cate is so cute! This show is the only one of it's kind that I know. It is a show that makes me feel better after watching it. But just for these last 2 episodes I have started to feel that the character of Lux needs to develop a little further - otherwise I fear it will become a little annoying. Still - never want this show to end.
  • I love this show!

Every time I watch this show something interesting happens. I love all the actors and they really seem to have chemistry like one big family, and by the way they are all going round, they are. The story lines all lead really well all the way through the series, no episode is completely on its own, there are story lines going on in series two now that started in season one and I really hope that it doesn't get cancelled and has a chance to fully grow into the amazing show I know it will be. i really hpe that we get to see the baby as well, that will make things super interesting, there are some many places to go and we have to go there!
  • Clearly written as a series finale, not a season finale - sad

I was sad when it became clear that this was a wrap-up of the series rather than just the season. Painfully obvious when all the storylines are so neatly wrapped up - though at least the Julia pregnancy was a surprise, and everyone ended up happy. Except the teacher Mr. Daniels. And even that was handled badly - neither he nor Lux ever made the obvious statement (that they hadn't "sealed the deal" as Emma's son put it).

I enjoyed this show's run and I'm sorry it's ending - the characters were flawed and interesting (and not uniformly beautiful, which also makes them more interesting).
  • Please, let there be a second season!!!

Please...please...tell us fans that there will be a second season...this last episode was....amazing...really. This Serie is so sensible, carefully dramatic and funny when its the right moment, that it keeps the viewer really hoping for more every time an episode comes to its end...the characters are well played, i mean, well, there are no oscar winning performances, but, of course the roles are perfectly played by every one in this show...well in my opinion....i love it, theres no more to say...i absolutely love it...i love drama, and, after my favourite show closed, Eli Stone, i was hoping for a new drama.
  • I love life unexpected! After watching it sometimes i want to cry and most tv shows i watch that are suppose to make you cry i sometimes cry at it. I know life unexpected isent suppose to make you cry but it does.

Life unexpected is my favourite show on tv.
    It is amazing sometimes i even cry while watching it. After i watch it and i am mad at my mom or dad i remember that some people have life's where they don't even know there parent's at all. But i really think that Lux and Jones should be together. I also didnt want tash to leave she was so funny. Right know I'm mad that Ryan is like pushing Baze out of Lux's life. Only cause baze is one of my favourite characters. I was so mad when Ryan punched Baze.
    But over all i love the show and all the characters and i am gonna keep watching because i love everything about it. The show is amazing,it goes slowly and i am so happy by that and i love how every episode has the cliff hanger and then you can't wait for the next episode!
  • It's about time a show like this is on. I look forward to seeing the next episode every week.

This is such a great show. I know that if given the chance to be discovered by more and more viewers over time, it will be around a long while. Please check it out if you haven't already, and if you have, spread the word!! This is a smart, fun show that has helped me with my Gilmore Girls withdrawls ever since that awesome show ended. The acting, writing and directing are all well done. In just the short time it has been on, I am already interested in and care about what happens to all the characters. Awesome show CW! Please keep this show around. We really do need more shows like this.
  • Better as a tv movie

than a series. I've tried this show because the trailer was quite good and the premiere lived up to my expectations (I was aiming for the category "guilty pleasure"), but then I saw the following episodes which end always in such a warm, fuzzy way, with a good share of cheesy morale. There's a problem? don't worry everything is gonna be okay in less than an hour. problem with Baze's father? Lux give him a couple of cheesy lines, PROBLEM SOLVED (wtf???) (not to mention Baze's discourse at dinner). What about the fact that Cate and Baze slept together? Let's not talk about it and It'll go away by itself. bleh, I wouldn't have liked this stuff even as a teenager.
  • This show is great!

This show is one of my new favorites. I love how they made Lux so mature. I'm so glad they didn't make this show sappy and unrealistic like how they didn't make Lux call Cate and Baze mom and dad right away. I love that she grew up listening to Cate on the radio. I hope that she and Cate can get close like Lorelai and Rory were on Gilmore Girls. I love how she already has a relationship with Baze she obviously a daddy's girl already lol. It was hilarious how they were crying over that youtube video. I actually have seen that video before on tv. It really was sad lol. Well anyways back to the point, this show is really awesome and I hope it has many more seasons to come.
  • my new favorite drama.i am truly looking forward to the next episode.So this show now takes my heroes time slot on mondays.oops

i love this show already it isn't a cheap knockoff of a show that was on 16 years ago so props to the cw for trying a show that is actually original Never thought i would say that about a show of theirs thats not scifi.lux is a lovable teen just wanting to take care of herself.Which is exactly the way her mother takes care of herself so they are nearly the same type of character just one is the daughter and the other a mother.Then their is nate who is just confused out of his mind and it shows through out the entire pilot.So all in all loving the start of this.
  • A girl (Lux) tries to get emancipated from foster care. She has to get signatures from both birth parents as they never signed the official waver of rights. When the parents (Baze & Cate) show up at the court the judge puts Lux in their care.

After spending all of her 15 years bouncing from one foster family to another in Portland, Oregon, Lux (Brittany Robertson) has decided it's time to take control of her life and become an emancipated minor. she needs both of her biological parents to sigh the official waver of rights that was supposed to be signed at birth. Her journey through the legal maze leads Lux to her biological father, 32-year-old Nate "Baze" Bazile (Kristoffer Polaha), who owns a bar, lives above it like an aging frat-boy with two slacker roommates, and is shocked to learn that he has a daughter. Lux is equally astonished when Baze reveals that her mother is Cate Cassidy (Shiri Appleby), a star on the local "Morning Madness" radio show along with her on-air partner and real-life boyfriend, Ryan Thomas (Kerr Smith). Lux has been listening to Cate's voice on the radio as long as she can remember, so she feels an instant connection with the mom she's never met. Baze takes Lux to meet Cate, who is shocked and saddened to learn that Lux has grown up in foster care instead of the adoption she believed would take place,Cate wants to be a part of Lux's life, and she shows she really does care. When a judge decides that Lux isn't ready for emancipation and unexpectedly grants temporary joint custody to Baze and Cate, they agree to try to get past the awkwardness and make a belated attempt to give Lux the family she deserves. Cate, due to her job as a radio host, and the fact that she has a suitable house, is given primary custody of Lux. Ryan also takes to Lux.
  • Loving it!

I worried that this show was going to evolve into another cloying teen drama. I am SO in love with the scenario and the 'realness' of a teen that is smarter than the adults around her. I can buy the stumbling attempts of two people who are unexpected parents, the friends and finacee that support them and the wise attitudes of the teens. I can even buy that Lux would be that self assured and introspective given her past. Its nice to see a show with people that aren't all about the clothes they wear or the places they are or the things they do with their bodies. Its just nice to see people relating to one another...and learning about each other. I love it.
  • This show is pretty awesome...

I disagree when people say this show is like Gilmore Girls, because it's nothing like it. It's not better, but there is so much room for improvement, there is so much potential. I really love the characters and the plot, I especially love Baze, he is a cool dad, but he doesn't even seem like a dad yet. None of the adults do, which is a good thing because they are beginners at it, which is because of the acting as well as the writing. This show is definitely worth watching. I don't think it will let us down in the end.
  • Life Unexpected stars Lux, who is a 15 year-old foster child who connects with her biological father, Nate. More up with Lux's mother, Cate (played by Shiri Appleby), to give Lux a normal family life.

The show has just begun and the first three episodes were just amazing. The first time I saw the trailer I was pretty excited to see a potentially good show to debut from the CW. Once I saw the pilot I was blown away. It was great how they managed to create a storyline that hooks the viewers and at the same time have a light subject matter (or at least the way they portray it). This show is filled with the suspense and humor that makes drama shows stand out. This show has the perfect blend. There have only been a few episodes aired but stick around because I have a feeling its gonna get so much better.
  • A very well-written show and so far liking the direction it's headed

This caught my attention primarily because it's not your regular formula show and it tackles a very unique subject that's rarely talked about. From the first episode, it was clear that the show is a character driven show and i was kind of wondering how they will progress the story because it can easily go sappy. But lo and behold, after three episodes, I kinda like the approach the writers are taking... fleshing out the story like skinning an onion... layer by layer. I just hope it would stay that way.

With regards to the actors, Lux part was perfectly casted and same thing with the actor playing Baze. I'm a fan of Shiri Appleby but I think she's not giving anything extra what the role is calling for. All in all, I hope this makes it big because it deserves to.
  • Im hooked

I have to admit, this new show is quite captivating...i sure hope they get their ratings considering it plays at the same time as Big Bang Theory. I have to admit, this new show is quite captivating...i sure hope they get their ratings considering it plays at the same time as Big Bang Theory. I have to admit, this new show is quite captivating...i sure hope they get their ratings considering it plays at the same time as Big Bang Theory. I have to admit, this new show is quite captivating...i sure hope they get their ratings considering it plays at the same time as Big Bang Theory.
  • Has potential and could really be a great show...

After viewing the second episode I am going to retract most of my doubts about the series. The pilot was a little shaky, but the second episode hit it out of the park. It established some competition for Lux's attention and loyalty and had plenty of good drama between Nate and Cate, Cate and Lux, and Lux and her friends. As many newspaper tv critics have said it does have a 'Gilmore Girls' style to it, and has the potential to be just as good if it keeps things up. There is plenty of interesting material to be explored as the relationships between characters develop. So, essentially there is great potential and it certainly is better than most of the other shows on the cw. It may be a little cheesy at times, but its certainly worth trying if you like a good heart-warming story.