Life with Bonnie

ABC (ended 2004)

fanfreek

Life with Bonnie Fan Reviews (8)

• why did you go?!

6.8
    When I first watched this show, I was surprised that it was actually funny. I expected it to be like one of those lame family comedy shows that say pointless jokes. I was wrong. This show is entertaining and delightful. Bonnie Hunt's role framed with the rest of the cast working on her shows set,including son and hub is fixed and simply..perfect. Don't say you hate the show before watching it, don't judge it as fast as I did. Defiantly a 'bring it back', I want to see this show running on the screen again. Living life with Bonnie? Lovely show.
  • Bonnie Hunt é simplesmente a Melhor!

Essa série também e excelentemente ótima!, Só pra vocês terem uma idéia eu gosto até dos mínimos detalhes, gosto até de quando entra no comercial... e a abertura então! Nooosaaa!!! aquilo é esplendido! é tudo muito maravilhosamente maravilhoso nesta série! A Bonnie tem uma atuação perfeita, sem contar que usualmente ela participa do Celebrity Poker Showdown..., que é muito bom também!... Pena que aqui no Brasil ainda não chegou o último capítulo, aquela emissora de bosta... o SBT nunca compra merda nenhuma... mas não tem problema..., dá pra gente se virar com o que tem! LOL

Mesmo assim a série ainda é muito boa, eu só não vou dar 10.0 pois eu não assisto com tanta frequencia igual eu assito ao Will & Grace..., mas está valendo.

Bjos Cauê

OBS.: Mesmo assim a nota ainda está boa hein!! LOL ... é pq eu vejo muita gente dando 1.0 3.5 (???) não sei pq!!! LOL 2x
  • I really wonder how this show lasted until two seasons

2.8
    Okay Life with Bonnie bored me to sleep. I like to give shows a chance before I completely ignore them, but Life with Bonnie just made it really hard to do so. My focus always went on to some other place. The jokes in the show were okay but they dont exactly catch your attention, and the plot wasn't something original either. When this happens the only thing the show can rely on are it's actors, and to be fair, they were actually good, but it just wasn't enough to make the show something worth watching. It disappoints me how shows like this get two seasons and other shows with great potential get cut before they even finish the first season!
  • It ended so soon!

If you watch this show over and over again, you really get caught up with the characters, especially tony. It is a great family show for anyone to watch. Right now you can't find the show anywhere on TV other than on Family channel, but you shouldn't be sad, because if no body liked it then theres no question why it went of the air.
  • Good stuff

It was a funny show that had a great cast and it's a ton better than the crap they replaced it with. Any show that has Bonnie Hunt and David Alan Grier should last at least 10 seasons. DAG is funny in anything he does, even that terrible Pauly Shore movie he was in. The show was about a mother that also did a morning coffee talk show in Chicago. The story line wasn't that challenging and most of the dialogue was improvised much like "Curb Your Enthusiam". It was a B+ sitcom at it's worst and should not have been moved around constantly and then cancelled while they kept dreadful shows on the air like that terrible Kelly Ripa show.
  • great series

life with bonnie was great i love every airing the show was funny and the story plots were great every week so why did they cancelled it i missed this show i really wish they bring it back like they did for family guy this was defany bonnie best work she rocks
  • Started great, ended badly

I am a huge fan of Bonnie Hunt and have watched all of her short-lived series. I had high hopes for this one and really enjoyed it in the beginning. However it went downhill pretty fast by its second season. First, her tv daughter disappeared without any mention at all which is unacceptable. Apparently we tv viewers are supposed to be so stupid that we won't notice these things. Guess what? WE NOTICE. Second, too much emphasis was put on David Alan Grier's character. Nothing against Mr. Grier but his character was not likeable at all. Bonnie Hunt is a remarkably talented woman, but she wore too many hats on this show.
  • Largely improvised, this show was brave and innovative. But frankly it was never that funny. Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" does better work in this field.

Watched a few episodes of this. The most interesting parts, in my opinion, was when the actors would clearly screw up and everyone would have to cover. I'm a fan of improvisation and it was fascinating to watch that here.

But the show wasn't that funny. You can't expect a sitcom to be as funny improvised as it would be well thought out.

Larry David's CYE was more successful because David has a knack for coming up with more interesting plots. The plots for this show, as I understand it, were never as original.

Still, you have to give the producers credit for trying to be inventive. On broadcast television today, we need more pioneers because the comedy outlook is bleak.