Life

Jackpot

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 05, 2008 on NBC

• All about the Crewes-Rachel dynamic.

Was not my favourite crime story, but this show has finally started to gain more traction with the main characters.

All of the Crewes-Rachel scenes were very watchable and poignant. I love how utterly patient he is with her yet still deeply protective. He works his Zen "A table is just a table" too! The best is when she seems to finally accept that he is not the person she should be mad at.

Who is the bad-guy? Rachel says that she though Crewes was the man "given what I saw". Interesting.

The Captain-Reese thing seems to be kicking off as her dad looks to protect his family by running away. Good to see her speaking another language.

To the writers: Please stop testing our patience with below-par crime scripts, minimal Zen and no car. Bring back the car dammit!
  • Skillful script...

Another good episode and example to prove that this show is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The script was very well written and executed, the storyline was almost flawless and had enough twists and turns to keep you guessing for a long time about the who-done-it.

As it is a cop-show the personal lives were kept in the background with Reese's little indiscretion talked about, but not overplayed and distracting from the main plot. The return of the 'missing child' giving another few clues certainly advanced the underlying storyline, as did the 'kitchen talk' and 'truth-sequence' add to the development to the characters without being pushed right into your face.

All in all a very good episode and well worth watching.
  • Very good...

What would it be like to win the lottery? Well according to these people it is hard on a person. Yeah right. If I was that loaded I wouldn't worry about anything ever again. I've never won the lottery so I don't really know what they were going through. It was funny seeing all of those awkward moments between Tidwell and Reese. I don't know whether or not if I'm a big fan of this relationship because when two people who work together like they do might break up and then it becomes even more awkward. Jack Reese walked out on his family which makes me think that the others have decided to go after him. It was good to see Rachael again and I hope she sticks around. Maybe she will even Stay with Crews and Ted for a while.