Lil' Bush Forums

Wednesday 10:30 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Official Discussion threard: "Iraq / First Kiss" (6/13/07)

tvmasterdoodles

[1]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 30
    talk about the series premiere here, or the terrorists win!
    Edited on 06/26/2007 2:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Atheist420

[2]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 10
    was pretty funny

alcalde

[3]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 12

I laughed once, during the reveal of Halliburton Land, stared blankly during the rest of the first half, then was thoroughly nauseated during all of the second half.

I knew the premise was envisioning the current administration officials as children, but I was very thrown off by the continuity, as it's set in today's timeframe. George H. W. is actually president... even the Clintons as children... Bush's parents are still old... Rumsfeld's not even in the administration anymore (why not a Lil' Rove?)...all very confusing at first.

They took Jon Stewart's Cheney impression and made it a defining characteristic of the character, which got old fast. They violated one of my rules of comedy, never repeat the same joke(it can only get less, not more, funny) and made Cheney suck the blood from birds three times in a 71/2 minute story. They portray Jeb as a mentally impaired lunkhead, which he isn't(he helped Bush get into office in the first place), and give him a unibrow (which he doesn't have). The second "story"...well...let's just say the images of Barbara Bush seducing a third grader(who happens to be Dick Cheney)was something I never, ever wanted to see, not even in animation form. Seeing Cheney wedged up Barbara's... well, let's just say if they wanted to ensure they only get one episode aired, that's probably a good way to do it. This story wasn't intelligent, it was bizarre, surreal and disgusting.

There's so much potential in the idea here... lampooning the current administration and setting Bush's national problems and global conflicts on the scale of the grade school classroom and playground. Instead, they just left my mouth agape as I asked out loud when it was all over, "What the hell was that???"

Is the audience supposed to be Stewart/Colbert viewers? Aren't many of them college age? Are they even going to remember Bush Sr. and Barbara, let alone James Baker? Or get a very subtle Rambo/Rocky I reference? Or recognize the A-Team theme song??? What was with the musical number????

Sorry, but this is the first series in memory that I've watched that I can comfortably write off after one episode.

Edited on 06/13/2007 10:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

guytwo

[4]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    alcalde wrote:
    ... Is the audience supposed to be Stewart/Colbert viewers? Aren;t many of them college age? Are they even going to remember Bush Sr. and Barbara, let alone James Baker? Or get a very subtle Rambo/Rocky I reference? Or recognize the A-Team theme song??? What was with the musical number???? Sorry, but this is the first series in memory that I;ve watched that I can comfortably write off after one episode.

Are you crazy? This was a great satire and lampooning, I loved it. You do have to be up on current-news and politicly savvy to get it though. But I guess you don't like South Park either.

Aussie_Elite

[5]Jun 14, 2007
    It was crap

ArucardPL

[6]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    Aussie_Elite wrote:
    It was crap

Maybe not crap, just not good. I hope next episodes gonna be better.

minou_chere

[7]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 7

guytwo wrote:
    alcalde wrote:
    ... Is the audience supposed to be Stewart/Colbert viewers? Aren;t many of them college age? Are they even going to remember Bush Sr. and Barbara, let alone James Baker? Or get a very subtle Rambo/Rocky I reference? Or recognize the A-Team theme song??? What was with the musical number???? Sorry, but this is the first series in memory that I;ve watched that I can comfortably write off after one episode.
    Are you crazy? This was a great satire and lampooning, I loved it. You do have to be up on current-news and politicly savvy to get it though. But I guess you don't like South Park either.

No, I think you just have to have a half way decent sense of humor. This show is comedyin its lowest form and honestly it amazed me that a topic that is rich with material for great satire was so poorly utilized. Subtle humor would've worked great here, instead we got a bird draining cheney, a completely idiotic Jeb and a pedophilic Barbara Bush, not exactly comedy genius.

calicow

[8]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 53
    It wasn't the best, but I still found it to be mildly entertaining.

Atheist420

[9]Jun 17, 2007
    did you guys actually have high expectations for this show? I think that's why I thought it was entertaining because before i watched it I was thinking it would be an awful show but it was mildly entertaining so it seemed good. After watching the 1/2 hour news hour tonight, this show seemed like comedic genuis.

marvelfan89

[10]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 39
    I laughed a couple of times. I thought it started of great then started to run out of steam near the end but I still liked it. The scene with Cheney destroying the city while Rice was waving the flag was hilarious.
    Edited on 06/18/2007 2:11am

danharr

[11]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 45
    Had it's moments like Rice and Hillary and Cheney was funny the first time he drained a bird but it got way too repetitive.

CarolCarolCarol

[12]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    I was also one that thought this show had a bunch of potential, until I saw it. They completely confused me with having George H.W. Bush as president and still having the current political situations. Unless this might be a satirical statement that our president's father pretty much still runs the joint and achieved another 2 terms of presidency through his son winning the election. I didn't like it, I understood all the references just perfectly, and I did laugh at the Rambo thing. This show pretty much just failed for me. So much potential, and they messed up. I had to turn it off early, I couldn't even sit through the second half. The only entertaining part for me was the voice of Lil' Cheney, which will get old very quick. The chicken thing didn't make much sense to me, and it was overused. Once would have been enough. I think this show was like watching a bad stand-up comedian that didn't know when to give up on a joke. It was a shame, because the promos were so much better than the show itself.

SlimKirby

[13]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 6

The first part was decent

The 2nd part brought it down big time.....

that is just me though

passiton

[14]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 24
    alcalde wrote:
    Are they even going to remember Bush Sr. and Barbara, let alone James Baker?

I didn't even know who James Baker was until a few minutes ago.