Lil' Bush

Wednesday 10:30 PM on Comedy Central Premiered Jun 13, 2007 In Season

Lil' Bush Fan Reviews (46)

• From the same idiots who brought you CatDog, and My Gym Partner's a Monkey, comes another complete disaster.

0.5
    If I was able to find the people who made Lil' Bush, I'd make them pay for wasting everyone's time with this so called comedy show. How can they take a concept as simple as making fun of the former president of the USA and screw it up? It's not like there were so many things they could've made fun of, but apparently this was WAY off its mark. In Lil' Bush, it centers around the former President of the USA, George W. Bush as a kid along with his administration such as Condoleezza Rice, Dick Cheney, and so on who are also kids. They all go and have adventures that parody the events that went on during the Bush Administration. So it sounds like a solid show, a show making fun of one of the worst presidents of all time sounds up everyone's alley, but there's already an issue with this show. The same people who made CatDog and My Gym Partner's a Monkey were apparently behind this show. Already any chance of this show being good in the least bit is destroyed, but I digress. The first thing you'll notice is that this show acts a little like CatDog in terms of ripping off another successful show. CatDog ripped off Ren and Stimpy, and Lil' Bush here is nothing more than a complete South Park wannabe. Cheney acts like Kenny with how he speaks, Bush reminds me of Cartman, and even some of the character designs look similar to South Park. The rest of the characters are no better at all really and are just forgettable. As for plots? Each one is a parody of an event from the Bush Administration such as Hurricane Katrina and Iraq, and that's all good. The problem is that the way they are executed leaves so much to be desired, and don't fulfill the potential they have. Also some of them are really stupid. A kissing contest? Is this for real? As for humor, just forget about it. It's all jokes you seen or heard before on either South Park or MUCH better TV shows. Nothing is new nor original in this show, and nothing is the least bit funny which is a shame since this is a parody. The artwork is also another bad thing, as I mentioned the character designs don't look original and bland, but the set designs have no detail to them at all and look like they were something from a coloring book not like something an artist drew, and the coloring looks bland. The animation is no better at all and is choppy most of the time and lip syncs seem off. In the end, Lil' Bush fails in every way possible with bad stories, unfunny jokes, bad characters, and waste of potential. Seriously the same people who made CatDog couldn't even get a show like this right at all? How hard was it for these idiots there? It had a simple concept, but once again the people who made CatDog fail to deliver. Even the most hated Bush fan who wanted to a show like this wouldn't find it funny at all, and I'm glad this show is canceled for good and never coming back. Word of advice Comedy Central, next time you do a show like this, get people who can actually do a parody right and not these people. Lil' Bush is nothing more than a big failure, and is best left avoided.
  • This is disrespectful. The maker of this show should feel worse than Michael Moore(aka EVIL).

This pathetic waste of 30 minute program should be canceled asap. Why would someone disrespect the current sitting president. Maybe out of office sure, or privately in your home, but on national television, my god. I Can't believe they are getting away with this. I've tried to watch it, and all i can say is "shoot me it is so bad". It wasn't even funny. They are unamerican for doing this to the current president. Never before has it been this bad where people would go to such great lengthes to fill people's minds with anti-presidental propaganda. At least anti-conservative. This doesn't deserve a rating it is so horrible. Those who watch it, should think again about it. It put 2 thumbs down to it. Unfortunately it won't allow me to give it a zero, but it certainly deserves one.
  • more liberal propaganda from Comedy Central. I suggest we all call the station and tell them we can think for ourselves and don't need you trying to force your political agendas.

1.2
    Comedy Central used to be a comedy station for those who can't remember that far back, and now it's just an excuse for one sided ignorant propaganda. I feel sorry for people who actually watch this and can't think for themselves as well as the people who created this who actually claim this show to be funny. I'm all for poking fun at politicans, but this network always does the same thing. I for one can't wait till cable allows you to pick your channels so I can get rid of comedy central. This was such a lame idea, and Comedy Central should actually be held responsible as well as the writers of this show for wasting people's times, and causing us to lose intelligence by this horrible attempt at comedy gone wrong.
  • I want 30 minutes of my life back because I watched this appauling show

One word I can think of to describe this horrendis show is "stupid" and really this show is as dumb as our current president! I watched about three or four episodes of this show and only giggled maybe...once or twice. Comedy Central wasted there money on this show, I know I sound alittle harsh but come on! why was this show even made! well mabey one reason was to accurately show the presidents childhood with his best friend lil' Cheney who in my opinion was the only funny one even though he never spoke any clear english, but just by the dumb thing he would do like biting the head off a chicken and drinking the blood(wierd to think thats funny). I give you my review
  • horrible!

Ok, so I usually like the shows that they have on Comedy Central like South Park or Reno 911, but this is just an absolute complete waste of time. Comedy Central really wasted their money with this one. First, all the characters have 'lil' before their name which is completely stupid and immature. Then the voice actor sounds nothing like George W. Bush. I mean come on! If you're going to air a show about the president, have someone who sounds like him. And the worst thing is that they try to make fun of George W. Bush and completely fail at it and it isn't even funny. I like hearing jokes on George W. Bush but this show just doen't cut it. It needs cancelled.
  • The maker of this show should be proud of himself to expose our corrupt and disrespectful president.

Lil' Bush is a cartoon intending to poke fun at our current ignorant President as seen through his eyes in grade school.

It's hilarious to read the comments on here as I expected. Let me get this straight it's disrespectful and evil to make fun of a president whose administration is disrespectful, evil, endorses torture, has lied to the American public for eight years?

No one in the right mind would say those things especially now at the end of this corrupt administrations run we've been given their last "gift" to us, an economic crisis not see seen the Great Depression. Yeah how disrespectful to show how corrupt and laughable this administration is!!! Not!!

One such review said this show is boring and not funny….let's take a look at some of the jokes from the pilot:

"Tonight's episode where I go to Iraq for some reason"-Lil' Bush. That's funny as Bush himself couldn't give an adequate reason to invade Iraq other than Saddam was in touch with Al-Queda which was a bold face lie. That's disrespectful.

"Bad news on Iraq let's see what else is on"-Lil' Bush. Also funny. Watch any of Bush's interview and you see he has an abrasive personality to brush any criticism toward him and like other cowardly right wingers calls his critics "un-americans" (a typical dumb right wing attack).

Senior Bush: "You kids know that you aren't supposed to watch anything but Foxnews". Also funny because Foxnews has made itself to be ProBush, exaggerating news, calling people who oppose it to be Nazi supporters and any other warped idea you can think off.

Senior Bush: "The focus on the terrible bad stuff that we're doing like torturing people and killing civilians and funneling millions of tax paying dollars." Extremely funny because it's true.

There is no way somebody with a straight face (and who knows what the Bush legacy is really about) is going to say that's not funny. Abrasive and direct yes, but not funny? Give me a break.

Anyways, this show was fine. I love the fact that Cheney was made to sound like a damn penguins. The Vice President comes across as a rabid animal in his interviews so I found this representation of him to be right on the money. Condoleeze Rice being made to look like an ugly girl nobody wants is a great representation of the way she comes across in real life including the way that she talks (both in the show and in the news) manipulating details and ignoring facts that would condemn the failure of the President.

Lil' Bush himself is a great replica of our current disgraceful President.

I thought the jokes were decent and they capture the personality of the real life characters well. The only down point for me was the whole "Graduate" spoof with Barbara Bush and Cheney...ugh that was painful. We don't need to see that. The fictional account of Lil' Bush meeting Lil' Clinton and Hilary was also funny.

Other than that though lots of laughs here. The pilot seems to have gotten mixed reactions but I still haven't heard a great reason as to why people hate it other than they are pro-bush supporters or this show took over another show's time slot or comparing it (unfairly) to a show that doesn't even air anymore. Whatever. The second episode was funny too. Bush get sent to camp and by accident stumbles upon an Al-Queda camp. Instead, of eliminating the threat Bush instead becomes friends with the "terrorists" (in controversial fashion as the real wealth of the Bush family comes, if you want to believe it, from connection with Bin Laden's family). Likewise, the music video showing how the President becomes "decisive" (all the while showing the bombings he does all over the earth) was a hoot too. It's a good way of showing in a nutshell what Bush is about.
  • One would think that the Bush administration would be an easy target without any potential for a miss. However when exaggerated potty mouth and juvenile

One would think that the Bush administration would be an easy target without any potential for a miss. However when exaggerated potty mouth and juvenile humor passes for political satire. You have the mess that is Lil Bush. What could have been a fun romp through an unpopular presidents life. Was turned into a bias filled lowest common denominator hate fest. Even as a person who doesn't like Bush I couldn't get into the show. The humor just wasn't there and why would one watch this show when we have South Park? The point was lost in the slug fest and the backbreaking effort to make the administration look foolish. I wanted to like this show but more high brow humor is what I need in my political satire.
  • Started out really good, then went downhill super fast!

I'm really dissapointed, this show had So much potential! There was enough material that the people of Comedy Central could lift from that it would last a lifetime, regardless of what happened to the real people in real life on which the cartoon is based on. So it is really sad that someone had to go blow the whole deal for everybody! The decision to hire no-talent Kevin Federline to voice Lil' Karl Rove was by far the Worst decision that any show could've made, even worser than when "Drawn Together" ended with a lame clip show! And if that wasn't bad enough, an episode showed Lil' Bush literally killing his brain which wasn't funny, and then parading around in Saddam Hussein's dead body trying to be a funny comedy like "Weekend at Bernies," and it wasn't even as funny as the sickest scenes found in "Silence of the Lambs." It's so bad that this show had to blow everything it had going for it so soon, but maybe it's for the best anyways. Who wants a show celebrating Bush all the time even if its mocking him? I certainly don't! :roll: Enough said!
  • This show is okay, but it's getting worse and worse by the episode.

6.6
    I like political humor, and some of these jokes can give a couple laughs, but most of their jokes are just idiotic. It's too bad, because I was really looking forward to the series. I even bought a first season pass on iTunes for it. I did watch all of them. Like I said before, the show is decent, but it does get annoying. Most of their jokes are stale. I don't mind politically incorrect jokes, but at least use good material, and not something that you could find off any other television show like "South Park" or "Family Guy". The good thing is that you don't really have to be that into politics to watch it. I don't follow politics very much, and I can enjoy this show. I think people should give this show a shot, but don't have your standards set too high...
  • If I, a Katrina kid and Tulane student, can laugh with/at the last 2 episodes (Katrina and 3 Dates) then so can you. Sure I kinda feel bad but with all the hate and violence in the world it's great to have a good laugh on a Thursday night.

Something tells me that most of the reviews were written by very close minded people. I would ask those people what they're doing watching Comedy Central because they should know by now that Comedy Central is synonymous with "touchy" humor (at least with their own original shows: Daily Show, Colbert, South Park, etc). Don't tune in to Comedy Central if you can't laugh at those things (in which case you're left with knock knock jokes about bananas and oranges).

That said, this show is hilarious. It is hilarious mainly because what it satires is true (yeah that is kinda sad though). Think about it though: there's so much potential to make jest at the entire Bush presidency and these guys do a brilliant job at it. If you don't like it may I suggest tuning into Fox News and just keeping it there? To all you who think I'm a democrat/independent: I'm actually a registered Republican voter but I have to say that it's great to be able to laugh about our dear "lil bush."
  • One of the worst comedy shows out there.

You may think Lil' Bush is a great comedy, animated show. Basically, Lil' Bush, a much smaller and crazed out version of George W. Bush, makes fun of the government, for pretty much everything. Well, let me tell you all something, this show isn't one of those shows that will keep you watching this show. Well, to be honest, this show isn't really funny. The jokes in this show aren't hilarious, and everytime I hear one, I'm not cracking up. I'd watch this show, if there wasn't anything to watch actually, but I wouldn't consider this show as one of those classic favorites.

Anyway, 2/10. Lil' Bush hasn't met my expectations, but there are other people out there who have different tastes in comedy.
  • Comedy Central why did you make this.

It is about George W Bush as a kid with his friends. I saw one episode and I fell asleep the animation is horrible and first of all why did they refrence 80's band's this is the i'm not sure when. But anyways I hate this show so much I mean come on George and Cheney didn't know each other back when they were kids neither did Condelezza Rice I mean come on was Comedy Central on drugs when they thought of this plus it is a animated version of That's My Bush only the opposet I never saw That's My Bush I wouls like to though I wish Comedy Central brought that back instead of making this.
  • show needs to be cancel

This is the worst show comedy central could have ever put on TV. I don't understand how this dumb show got a 2nd season when other show that had higher rating got the can. The only thing I can think of how this show can a 2nd season was that bush had the rating fix a.k.a FL lol. I just hope this show get cancel this year. But we all know all the good shows get the can. when the crappy one's stay get a 2nd season. The only good thing i can see about show is that it could be cancel this year when bush leave office.
  • not as bad as everyone says

6.7
    i believe little bush is a pretty funny show it has some good jokes here and there and im a pretty big fan of the growling followed by a random pop-culture reference/odd phrase said by cheney. the bush jokes are fairly cliche, however i do think the portrayal of W. as a racist jerk and being gay for Tony blair is amusing and can make me laugh. Rumsfield being voiced by iggy pop is clearly just an excuse to have iggy pop on the show (nothing wrong with that)also bush senior ultra conservative racism is funny, but overall the show is mediocre and would be funnier if it was five minutes like the four hilarious webisodes overall a mediocre show
  • From the Creators of CatDog, My Gym Parter's a Monkey, & Mr. Bean the Animated Series come one show that should be loved more.

Lil Bush is awsome better than The Weekenders, Shurkien School & other shows I hate that you like. From Tiger Aspect animation comes Lil' Bush. (a.k.a the show that should be loved more), I'm glad that show is comming w/ new episodes.

The think Cheney is funny when he "menrus wenuys" like Shy Guy & speaks to people. Jeb is some what funny, yet forgotten. Jon McKane (his nemesis) loves Chocholate milk. & Tony Blare (his Gay friend) loves Lil' Bush & he's voiced by Billy West. overall I think Lil' Bush is the best thing to hit Comedy Central, A New Genration of "Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island".
  • this show sucks!

anyways this show is not even funny that's why it deserves the score I gave it that score because
    it wouldn't let me give it a big FAT zero
    I'm surprised people actually watch this!
    i heard people say its one of the worst show out today and i agree and calling everybody lil is just plain out corny
    why dose Comedy Central keep putting thing like this up stick to south park its the only good animated show you have
    and its funny the writer from lil bush need to take notes from south park. maybe there next show wont suck so much.
  • Stupid.

This has to be the worst television show ever on comedy central or just in general. I mean I knew that this show was not gonna be that good but i didnt think the show would be this good. I mean this show makes Assy Mcgee look creative. I mean one thing about this show that is lame is that they have to call everybody with the word lil. For examble, lil bush, lil condi, lil cheney, lil kim jong, lil red chili pepers, do you see now why the show is so lame. So my advice is to never watch this lame immature show.
  • Oh my god this show sucks !

1.5
    Oh my god this show sucks I can't even watch 5 min. of it. They should make more epsoides of That's my Bush instead that show was funny !!! Lil bush has stupid story lines with only a little bit of comedy in it. The only thing that's funny is Lil' Cheney. But that won't make it last. South Park and Drawn Together are the only animated shows that rock on Comedy Central. This will turn out to be just like Freak Show. I don't know who or how anyone could like this show. Comedy Central might need some new ideas.
  • Honestly, I didn't think you could fit every talking point in a 30 minutes show but they sure as hell proved me wrong. This show is not funny, it's just hateful and atrocious. The fact that this is allowed on the air is very sad.

Lil' Bush is about George W. Bush and the rest of today's politicians as children dealing with big issues of today. The show is setup to portray Bush and his administration as complete morons and unrealistic power tycoons. Now I can enjoy political humor as much as the next guy, but when I saw Dick Cheney bite the head off a chicken and suck it's blood I was just disgusted. This show isn't funny it's just hateful! It's just a strong example of the media's negative influence and mockery of the current administration. I mean it's one thing to disagree and say something on a news station but for Comedy Central, who has no business talking about politics, to actually make a cartoon show to absolutely trash the Bush administration is going too far. This show is NOT funny and definitely needs to be pulled from the air ASAP.
  • completly unfunny

this show is basically another simpsons rip off. this time with political icons pasted on as the characters. unlike other simpsons successors such as family guy and american dad this show is not in the least bit funny. family guy and american dad are always insulted for "not having good storytelling elements" but atleast theyre funny if the viewer enjoys crude and over the line humor. lil bush just isnt funny at all, no matter what kind of humor the viewer enjoys. i relize that comedy doesnt always have to make since to be funny, but i believe that when a parody of a pop culture(or in this case political figure) is made it should atleast make some since. i'll admit the evil chenny thing is somewhat funny, but it really doesnt make any since at all. this show would fair much better if it didnt reference political figures and instead had original characters that havent been joked to death. this leads to my next point, the jokes are all overused. i watxhed like 5 episodes so far and ive yet to hear any original material. again, it seems a writer and artist teamed up, the writer recycled jokes and scripts from other animated sitcoms and the artist attemped a family guy/south park merger with political figures.
  • I wasn’t expecting much from this show to begin with, but wow … I definitely wasn’t expecting this to be an animated half-hour of complete and utter garbage.

4.5
    If you’ve heard anything negative about this show (and I’d be surprised if you haven’t), I promise you that whatever you heard was NOT an exaggeration. This is by far the most retarded piece of garbage that Comedy Central has ever made the mistake of airing. Besides being completely unfunny, this show makes absolutely no sense, turning President Bush and his administration into pint-sized versions of themselves who are all incredibly stupid and, for some reason, “evil” at the same time. The plots are outrageous to say the least and make “Drawn Together,” also a Comedy Central original, seem realistic in its story-telling. In the first episode, Lil’ Dick Cheney bites off the head of some kind of live poultry and drinks its blood. For something that’s supposed to satirically criticize the Bush administration, all this show does is create nonsensical plots in an incredibly immature way.
  • This show is confusing, it's about Bush as a little kid in the present day, shouldn't it be set in the past when Bush ACCTUALLY WAS a kid? Basically he does a whole bunch of diffent things that make no scense at all.

A poor rip off of South Park. Baically the author tried to make a show that equaled South Park but came nowhere close... There are four main characters that are all kids, hmmmm kinda sound like you know what, they are Bush, of course, Condy, Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld. Cheney is constantly mumbling and you can't understand a thing he says, sounds like Kenny huh,? well and unfunny Kenny anyway. I personaly was looking forward to seeing this show. All the hype got me thinking it was going to be original but in the end i was crushed. I watched the premire with great anticipation! But after it was done i shook my head in confused agony. I didn't want to judge it on one episode, every show has their bad apples, so I watched another episode. I'm watching is now and they're singing about hot dogs, again I'm disapointed... I think i made my point...
  • Grab a cold drink and go to the bathroom before reading. This may get lengthy.

Imagine, if you will, all the Bush-bashers getting together to make a cartoon. Since they (at least those that I've encountered) barely understand current events and can't STAND the idea that the President isn't the Anti-Christ, they "writing" is trapped in a tiny little box. Very tiny. Think Michael Moore's IQ tiny, only smaller.

Now, imagine this consortium of blind haters, after realizing they can't so much as spell the man's name correctly (again, personal experience, no offense to the smarter detractors...both of them) and copying Will Ferrel's sketches on decade-old SNL, they find they need someone DRAW the pic-a-tures what'll look like what they wanna look like. The TALENTED artists want nothing to do with the show, so the standards of the creators plummet ever further. And to help pay the bills, Amped Mobile comes along.

When all that is done, you feed the script and animation to a hungry bear. I mean a starving bear that's close to eating its own forelegs. The ursine consumes what it is given, and you wait. You wait and wait. FINALLY, after a time, the bear's bowels move, and the excrement is rushed to Comedy Central for airing.

Ladies and gentlemen behold what all that gets you: Lil' Bush.

I try to watch at least one or two episodes of a show before making any kind of judgment. But then along comes a show that, by advertisements alone, shows itself as thoughtless, lacking, and all around bad. I tried; I REALLY tried to watch an episode, but is just proved to me what I already knew.

Here's the crux of each and every joke you will EVER hear on this show:
    -FOX News is biased to the Bush Administration, and therefore is prone to lying (forget that this is unsubstantiated and those making this claim have weak evidence at best).
    -Iraq is terrible and a mistake and we're losing (sensationalized pessimism by those who fail to understand the conflict).
    -George W. is a foolish dolt with corrupt parents and can only get his way through underhanded tactics. What's more, he always does the exact opposite of what he says or should do (misconceptions based on blind hatred, leaping on a bandwagon of ignorance).
    -Those who OPPOSE Bush are only doing what's best, but are always stopped by the "evil" Bush (indulgent fodder).

The saddest thing? Someone will watch this and think it's somehow accurate. Sure, the majority will take it as a joke, but the show helps to spread an infection of inaccuracy of the world, seemingly to get their personal politics into someone else's head.

You want to make fun of the President? The Administration? Fine. Go ahead. But please, PLEASE, try being original. Stop trying to tell me how to vote. Just because YOU and some doofus think your recycled Bush joke is amusing, doesn't make you poignant, politically wise, and most of all...it doesn't make you right about anything.
  • I hate Bush, but this show doesn't do his idiocy justice.

This show attempts to take stabs at the George Bush jokes we have all heard a hundred times, however, they do a poor job at it. As a person who loves Bush burning, I was looking forward to this show to give me a much needed laugh at his expense. But I was sadly disappointed to learn that there was no comedy in this show at all, only pointless jokes that go nowhere. The animation is crude, the voices are horrible, the stupid little songs that they do in EVERY episode are dumb, NOTHING about this show is redeeming. Without a doubt, this is a DNW, (DO NOT WATCH!).
  • An unfunny show that is basically a cartoon version of the failed series "Thats My Bush".

1.1
    George Bush as President has been a mixed bag - some good some bad (same goes for Bill Clinton for different reasons) but this series makes Bush and everyone around him look 10 times worse than reality.

I guess if you go to websites like the Daily Kos, Democratic Underground or MoveOn.org you will like this show. For anyone else? Forget about it. It basically repeats the same cliches over and over again.

Of course this is America and networks can put on shows like this without fear of arrest or death. In alot of countries that isnt the case - I guess if nothing else it proves to those who call the US Government fascist and Bush a modern day Hitler that they are a few cans short of six pack; if that were the case Comedy Central would now be off the air completely as has occurred recently in Venezuela where stations were yanked off the air for criticizing the government. It makes me glad to live in America.

Would Comedy Central dare do a cartoon series mocking radical Islamists? Probably not considering what happened after the Dutch Cartoon incident. That simple fact should tell everyone something about todays world.
  • Surprise?

O wow, more bush bashing. Yeah, im a conservative. But im not really a fan of bush anymore. But come on, one "Bush and the members of his cabinet are stupid" joke after another? This is definitely gana get a second season. But it wont see a 3rd. Why? The first season was to try out a new show. The second is for them to try and make it stick and hope it catches on. But it wont. Its gana be just like "Thats my Bush" It was one "Bush is an idiot" joke after another. Its official reason for not being on the air anymore was "It was costing too much money per episode" Seinfeld was pretty expensive too, but it was actually funny. No, "It was costing too much" is just a glorified "not enough people watched".
  • Ugh!

This is the WORST show I've seen in a while. Well first of all, I'm a die-hard republican. SO, of course I tune in on the first episode of this show ever. Just, because I was curious. They were making him look stupid , and like the worst president ever. I never knew Comedy Central swung to the left side now. This show represents that people have grown to be stupid. Repect your president. Who's having soldiers fight for YOU. For your FUTURE. All, I have to say to the dumb idiots that created this show is , " I hope this goes downhill, just like your careers will soon be going."
  • This show is stupid.

1.1
    Why would someone who would make a show about this?!?! Satire jokes are not funny and I hope that this show would get cancelled permanently, because making fun of minorities is not extremely funny, and whoever says that it's funny, are full of garbage. Seriously, this show needs to die ASAP!
  • This show sucks!

Many people think they're funny when they make funny of Bush like this show this shoe is not funny at all and is gay and no I don't support Bush! But anyway I think this show could be funnier but you can tell righ off the bat that this show won't last long.
  • A ok show overall, but it could be better.

Even though Im a Republican I still find the show funny. The person that plays Bush does the voice very good and most of the plots in the show work. Considering everyone and pretty much everything has Lil' in front of it kinda annoys me, but still its a decent show. Most people wont give it a chance because it makes fun of Bush and has bad animation, but they need to. Sure there are better shows, but I think this is at least worth watching, just not repeats.