Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Angel

Pyreo

[21]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 13
    She doesn't have a heart on her back any more. They changed it.

I understand why Jumba would make something to turn experiments evil. That almost makes sense. Because when Jumba was making his experiments, he didn't know about experiments being converted to good. After it happened to Stitch, he used his new experience on the subject to make 627 impervious to good.

That's the first problem. The second is that Jumba never needed to make an experiment in the first place. He could have made a machine that did it for him - it's been proved that it would work.

Thirdly, all the experiments try to accomplish their function in the most direct possible manner. If, after overcoming those two plot holes described above, Jumba had decided to make an experiment to turn others evil, he would have made one that did it directly. No poncy singing crap. Just something that could fire a laser that changed somebody evil. Hamsterviel managed it.

Finally, I have a problem with her being a pink Stitch clone. There's no creativity there. The only bit they made up was the singing, which was just the most feminine function somebody could come up with. Obviously Stitch can't fall in love with anything that isn't pink with huge eyelashes and pronounced chest with a voice so high he's lucky to be able to hear it, even with an increased hearing range. Apparently this is some guy's idea of what makes something female. I think it's downright degrading.

Angel doesn't even have a personality, she doesn't even say anything. How are you supposed to like something that doesn't talk? The only way Stitch and Lilo bonded was through being able to communicate.

After all that, I hate the way she's turned into a mary-sue character. All Stitch does is think about her, Lilo mopes about her, every character is focused on her... and then she 'saves' everyone. And Lilo is suddenly fine with it. And in Snafu? She sits around for months being trapped, playing some sort of 'damsel in distress', waits for Stitch to show up, and what happens? She saves everyone again, of course!

I hate how this annoying, personality-less, walking (barely) talking cliché turns up, and we're all supposed to be fine with her suddenly jumping into Stitch's life. I despair for the future of animation, I really do.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chin-Inon

[22]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 8
    Pyreo wrote:

She sits around for months being trapped, playing some sort of 'damsel in distress', waits for Stitch to show up, and what happens? She saves everyone again, of course!

Well, I could be wrong. Like I said, I'm no psychiatrist. But I'm guessing she sat around for so long was because she didn't think Stitch or anyone else missed her or something. Until Stitch told her he loved her, she didn't have the will to escape. (I know some of you wil think this is too sappy, but that's my thoughts on the subject.)

I understand why some people might not like her, but as for me, I don't hate her OR love her. But I CAN live with her.

kinzu_kiwi

[23]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 5
    You're telling us if a little pink alien all of a sudden moved into your house you could live with her? Yes, i am being too literal.

Besides, Angel's fine with me too.

Chin-Inon

[24]Feb 1, 2006
    If ANY alien suddenly moved in with me, I'd say "COOL!"

Unless it was like the Aliens in the Alien saga, and just wanted me as a midnight snack. That wouldn't be so good.

Pyreo

[25]Feb 1, 2006
    Chin-Inon wrote:
    I'm guessing she sat around for so long was because she didn't think Stitch or anyone else missed her or something. Until Stitch told her he loved her, she didn't have the will to escape.

I know it's perfectly easy to apply some logic to the situation. If it was real, it would be entirely plausible, because in the real world any number of things can happen. And whatever happens, nothing impossible will happen. Because if it can't possibly happen, it won't.

But some people seem to be forgetting that this isn't real life. This is meant to be a STORY. And I've had my fair share of experience when it comes to stories.

This so-called 'story' is just plain rubbish.

PlasmaBoy2000

[26]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    Pyreo wrote:
    Chin-Inon wrote:
    I'm guessing she sat around for so long was because she didn't think Stitch or anyone else missed her or something. Until Stitch told her he loved her, she didn't have the will to escape.

I know it's perfectly easy to apply some logic to the situation. If it was real, it would be entirely plausible, because in the real world any number of things can happen. And whatever happens, nothing impossible will happen. Because if it can't possibly happen, it won't.

But some people seem to be forgetting that this isn't real life. This is meant to be a STORY. And I've had my fair share of experience when it comes to stories.

This so-called 'story' is just plain rubbish.

Woah, you're a tough critic.

Pyreo

[27]Feb 1, 2006
    PlasmaBoy2000 wrote:
    Woah, you're a tough critic.

Yeah, I know.

I just like to think that people who are actually in charge of making these cartons could do better than us fans... they haven't shown that and they've pretty much killed any chance of me liking L&S the Series.

Why would I like it, anyway? It's aimed at 4-year-olds. It's not like L&S started as a multi-generational high-quality film sensation that both entertained the masses as fulfilled the dreams of its creators, is it. [/sarcasm]

PlasmaBoy2000

[28]Feb 2, 2006
    I too think that the whole series was kinda stupid at first, but after seeing the Ange episode, I said woah. The only reason I watch Lilo and Stitch was to see the sequel to the Angel episode, but now I've been waiting like about two years and, nothing. So I gave up hope and switched to watching something else.

Plus, I thought the Angel epsiode was pretty stupid too. I'm not saying that the experiment Angel is stupid. I'm saying that the episode is stupid. I doesn't even show Angel falling in love with Stitch. They skipped it, and that really ticked me off. I do think that Angel and Stitch should be together, but I just wished that the episode was an hour long.

Pyreo

[29]Feb 2, 2006
    Snafu is basically an extension of Angel's episode, so looks like you'll get your wish.

JPL626fan

[30]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 4
    Stitch and Angel are cartoon charactors(drawings) they are not real. So what difference does it make to anyone's life if Stitch and Angel love each other? If you don't like how Disney is writting Lilo and Stitch the series why complain about it, why continue to watch it? If you don't like the series just stop watching the show.

Experiment628

[31]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    Hoo boy. You're in for it now...

Angel has a COMEPLETELY different additude in 'Snafu' than she had in her episode. Why is that? Complete and total lack of continuity, perhaps?

Pyreo

[32]Feb 3, 2006
    Well she DID 'turn to good' remember. And since the only idea of Angel's mentality we get is from her facial expressions, I think that's changed because Season 2 has some animation differences.

PlasmaBoy2000

[33]Feb 4, 2006
    Yep, but they still messed up the show even more.

mcrules4191

[34]Feb 9, 2006
    • level: 14
    I like Angel I think she's in the Lilo and Stitch 2 Video game. I only played a small part of it.

PlasmaBoy2000

[35]Feb 10, 2006
    She is. What is her ability anyways?

PlasmaBoy2000

[36]Feb 14, 2006
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!
    I bet Stitch has already asked
    Angel to be his valentine!!!!!!!!

Chin-Inon

[37]Feb 14, 2006
    I'm surprised, they chose this episode for the ABC Kids Valentine's special. Somehow, I think HunkaHunka would have been a better choice.

TV_Shows_Fan

[38]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 19
    Chin-Inon wrote:
    I'm surprised, they chose this episode for the ABC Kids Valentine's special. Somehow, I think HunkaHunka would have been a better choice.

That's because it was an ABC Kids premiere.

Experiment628

[39]Feb 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    Chin-Inon wrote:
    I think HunkaHunka would have been a better choice.

Me too.

minimoose01

[40]Mar 10, 2006
    • level: 5
    my fav eppy!

this eppy was cute and sweet but the ending was predictable and unsatisfying when i first watched it you can always tell on episodes like this that the main character finds a sweetheart and then loses her/him just so for storyline sake everything goes back to normal....

i have the snafu eppy when i an ill post it but its disapointing........