Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Angel

magandjrod

[101]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 13
    Pyreo wrote:

How did a topic about Angel turn into a topic about me? This is wrooooong.

thank dr. phil *waves to crossfire_7*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Crossfire_7

[102]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    Hey, I was just trying to be nice.

magandjrod

[103]Jun 16, 2006
    Crossfire_7 wrote:
    Hey, I was just trying to be nice.

I wasn't being mean. it's nice that you are helping pyreo (spelling?)

Crossfire_7

[104]Jun 16, 2006
    Okay. I`m sorry for assuming it was something more antagonistic. No hard feelings, right?

magandjrod

[105]Jun 16, 2006
    right!

minimoose01

[106]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    magandjrod wrote:
    right!

wheee.

Crossfire_7

[107]Jun 16, 2006

minimoose01 wrote:
    magandjrod wrote:
    right!
    wheee.

Whaaa?

minimoose01

[108]Jun 16, 2006
    Crossfire_7 wrote:

minimoose01 wrote:
    magandjrod wrote:
    right!
    wheee.

Whaaa?

just randomness

what i think of mags she is a very sweet girl but she isnt very social right now since she is stressed and depressed.

PlasmaBoy2000

[109]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    Okay... let's get back on topic. Now Angel, what must've been her origin? How did Disney come up with the idea of having a pink female version of Stitch named Angel be experiment 624? How did her powers come about. Please be serious and specific.
    Edited on 06/18/2006 12:23pm

benjaminperry

[110]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    That's the type of question I'm asking Jess on the Leroy & Stitch forum.

Pyreo

[111]Jun 18, 2006
    PlasmaBoy2000 wrote:
    How did Disney come up with the idea of having a pink female version of Stitch named Angel be experiment 624?

Pretty darn easily I'd imagine.

Here's what I think happened:

Executive 1: How can we appeal to the lowest common denominator with Lilo and Stitch and possibly recruit new people to the fanbase (since the hardcore fans from the beginning are quite poor now) by exploring fresh area with no real relation to L&S in any way?

Executives: Hmmm...

Executive 2: GENERIC USELESS LOVE INTEREST!!! 8D

And thus Angel was born, designed and implemented in a grand total of 7 seconds.

Although I'd really like to hear why exactly Jess felt it was reasonable to subject L&S to this treatment... I've never been brave enough to ask... I know I wouldn't like the reply.

PlasmaBoy2000

[112]Jun 18, 2006
    Okay...o_O

Crossfire_7

[113]Jun 18, 2006

PlasmaBoy2000 wrote:
    Okay... let's get back on topic. Now Angel, what must've been her origin? How did Disney come up with the idea of having a pink female version of Stitch named Angel be experiment 624? How did her powers come about. Please be serious and specific.

Okay, first, Angel being female makes perfect sense. She was meant to teach love to the fans of the show, preparing them for the more intimate, romantic stuff (while still keeping things light-hearted; that`s why she has little character, because she needs little) As for why she was pink, I`m afraid I have no explanation there. Perhaps they decided she`d look best that way? She isn`t the only pink experiment, and if she was some other color, like green, that would look a little strange (not to offend any Bonnie fans out there). Okay, I just contradicted myself. Anyways...

It`s okay to make some females associated with pink. It`s a real color, after all, and it looks quite nice in some situations. Granted, they could have made her a little less pale in color, but still, she looks good in that color. You just have to be careful not to overdo it; if they made every female experiment pink, then I`d be suspicious. But, as it is, Angel appears to be the only pink female EXP, thus seperating her from females like Bonnie, Belle and Clip.

As for her name, Angel would be a perfect irony to call her, since at first, she`s more like a temptress than anything. However, she repented later on, thus her name started to make sense instead of irony, thus keeping her name relevant the whole time.

Her number was meant to imply that, out of all the experiments, only her successors could resist her song, which both prevents 625 and Stitch from becoming total zombies (if Stitch fell under her spell, we`d be next to screwed, unless Angel underwent a change of heart all on her own, which would be even more Sue-esque) plus Jumba probably discovered their immunity by accident; if he used similar materials to build 625 and 626 as he did 624, it would make perfect sense if they bore an immunity to her, since if anything with Angel`s genetic material fell under her own power, that`d be like Babyfier turning himself into an infant.

^That`s my take on it. Of course, if Jess gives different reasons, well I`m not a member of the L&S team, now am I?

minimoose01

[114]Jun 19, 2006
    Pyreo wrote:
    PlasmaBoy2000 wrote:
    How did Disney come up with the idea of having a pink female version of Stitch named Angel be experiment 624?

Pretty darn easily I'd imagine.

Here's what I think happened:

Executive 1: How can we appeal to the lowest common denominator with Lilo and Stitch and possibly recruit new people to the fanbase (since the hardcore fans from the beginning are quite poor now) by exploring fresh area with no real relation to L&S in any way?

Executives: Hmmm...

Executive 2: GENERIC USELESS LOVE INTEREST!!! 8D

And thus Angel was born, designed and implemented in a grand total of 7 seconds.

Although I'd really like to hear why exactly Jess felt it was reasonable to subject L&S to this treatment... I've never been brave enough to ask... I know I wouldn't like the reply.

ill ask him but it didnt go like that.

PlasmaBoy2000

[115]Jun 19, 2006
    Crossfire_7 wrote:

PlasmaBoy2000 wrote:

Okay, first, Angel being female makes perfect sense. She was meant to teach love to the fans of the show, preparing them for the more intimate, romantic stuff (while still keeping things light-hearted; that`s why she has little character, because she needs little) As for why she was pink, I`m afraid I have no explanation there. Perhaps they decided she`d look best that way? She isn`t the only pink experiment, and if she was some other color, like green, that would look a little strange (not to offend any Bonnie fans out there). Okay, I just contradicted myself. Anyways...

It`s okay to make some females associated with pink. It`s a real color, after all, and it looks quite nice in some situations. Granted, they could have made her a little less pale in color, but still, she looks good in that color. You just have to be careful not to overdo it; if they made every female experiment pink, then I`d be suspicious. But, as it is, Angel appears to be the only pink female EXP, thus seperating her from females like Bonnie, Belle and Clip.

As for her name, Angel would be a perfect irony to call her, since at first, she`s more like a temptress than anything. However, she repented later on, thus her name started to make sense instead of irony, thus keeping her name relevant the whole time.

Her number was meant to imply that, out of all the experiments, only her successors could resist her song, which both prevents 625 and Stitch from becoming total zombies (if Stitch fell under her spell, we`d be next to screwed, unless Angel underwent a change of heart all on her own, which would be even more Sue-esque) plus Jumba probably discovered their immunity by accident; if he used similar materials to build 625 and 626 as he did 624, it would make perfect sense if they bore an immunity to her, since if anything with Angel`s genetic material fell under her own power, that`d be like Babyfier turning himself into an infant.

^That`s my take on it. Of course, if Jess gives different reasons, well I`m not a member of the L&S team, now am I?

Woah! That's a loooong explaination!

Pyreo

[116]Jun 20, 2006

Crossfire_7 wrote:
    She was meant to teach love to the fans of the show, preparing them for the more intimate, romantic stuff
    Because L&S has always been about falling in lust with the first gal who crosses your path who throws herself at you? Please.
    :
    that`s why she has little character, because she needs little
    I beg to differ. Stitch was meant to fall in LOVE with her. LOVE. If they wantyed to convince us that he actually liked her for more than her curves (which makes no sense anyway), she's the ONLY experiment who actually NEEDS to have some sort of substance. Moreover, she needs to be endearing to convince the viewers to like her before they slap her with an established main character. They failed that too. The writers are missing out on Story Characters 101.
    :
    As for why she was pink, I`m afraid I have no explanation there.
    Stitch=blue therefore perfect mate=pink. Obviously.
    :
    Because Angels are well known for repenting? It would have worked if she had successfully played the femme fetale, but they had to go the soppy 'turning to good' route, which just makes it a useless and non-though-out reference to the movie. Why they wanted to do that after spurning it and kicking the work of the film-makers into the bin, I'm not sure.
    :
    Her number was meant to imply that, out of all the experiments, only her successors could resist her song, which both prevents 625 and Stitch from becoming total zombies
    No, her number was the closest they could get to 626 which OBVIOUSLY makes her the PERFECT mate for him... despite the fact it makes no sense... they just don't care. They TOLD us they don't care. Why would Jumba make an evil-experiment-maker bang in the middle of the 600 series, leaving out his more powerful creations? Who cares. It's a kids show. Nobody will notice that they can't be bothered to make up decent storylines, they said.
    :
    Of course, if Jess gives different reasons, well I`m not a member of the L&S team, now am I?
    Had you been, I'm willing to be we wouldn't be plagued with this kind of drivel. Or anybody, for that matter. It does bother me that all the teenagers I know in this fandom are more creative and can make much more sense than the official Disney production team.

Crossfire_7

[117]Jun 20, 2006

Oh boy. Here we go again. Look, like you said, it is a kid`s show, and Angel isn`t that particularly sexual compared to the more human females in other Disney movies, so that`s why she`s like this. It`s supposed to be basic; it was never intended to be some big dramatic soap opera.

Besides, Stitch and Angel are both animals, in an obscure way; do tigers or wolves mate because they like their partner`s personality? It`s probably instinct that drove them together. And, if you wish to dispute this, or you just can`t be convinced otherwise, there`s always Kim Possible and American Dragon: Jake Long if you want to find better romances.

I really wish you could be a little less negative, pyreo. That causes other people to act towards you the way they do. I know better than to judge at first impressions, but not everyone does, so please, try to be a little more positive, okay?

I hate to see people gang up on anyone, so I`m asking this of you so you don`t have to face other peoples` criticism. As I`ve said before, if the show doesn`t please you anymore, just move on to other things.

Edited on 06/20/2006 5:35pm

aa_623

[118]Jun 20, 2006
    • level: 17
    Crossfire_7 wrote:
    Besides, Stitch and Angel are both animals, in an obscure way; do tigers or wolves mate because they like their partner`s personality? It`s probably instinct that drove them together. And, if you wish to dispute this, or you just can`t be convinced otherwise, there`s always Kim Possible and American Dragon: Jake Long if you want to find better romances.

What? That makes no sense, they are genetically engineered! They have more than just instinct!

Crossfire_7

[119]Jun 20, 2006
    But, they both have instinct, nonetheless. Even humans have instinct; our hormones drive our sexual impulses, so that`s a form of instinct. Not to mention their DNA came from somewhere, so technically they have animal DNA in them.

aa_623

[120]Jun 20, 2006
    • level: 17
    Crossfire_7 wrote:
    But, they both have instinct, nonetheless. Even humans have instinct; our hormones drive our sexual impulses, so that`s a form of instinct. Not to mention their DNA came from somewhere, so technically they have animal DNA in them.
    We're technically animals... So there's no reason to have this agrument! And don't start talking about sex in this thread, keep it G rated!
    Edited on 06/20/2006 7:31pm