Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Disney XD Already On Demand, But "L&S" Eps No Longer Available

Waggytoon

[1]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 13

Just after 3:00 AM Eastern Time Monday morning, the On Demand viewing landscape changed. Disney XD was launched On Demand around that time, before the actual network was launched.

Disney XD On Demand is significant for having more episodes of "Phineas & Ferb" available than Disney Channel On Demand does. Also, Disney XD On Demand carries episodes of "Yin Yang Yo!", a holdover from the old Toon Disney On Demand package which will air on the new network as well.

However, it is with deep regret that I must inform all the devoted "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" fans that the show is no longer available On Demand. There were episodes that were supposed to still be available until February 15, but the adjustments made early Monday morning unfortunately dropped those eps. This is a cruel blow to all the devoted fans who could watch the eps anytime until early Monday morning. A sad development for a still popular series. It will be missed in the On Demand routine.

"Waggytoon"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shadegriver

[2]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 4
    NOOOOOO! BURN IN HECK DISNEYXD on Demand . See if I support you now. this is why I am going to make the big switch to turn off my Cable Box in Febuary 2009!

Waggytoon

[3]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 13

You can't switch off your cable box! You'll need it for the digital changeover that may be delayed if Congress follows through with the plan to delay the digital transition. Besides, there's still Disney Channel with its overnight animation block that could be rebranded "Toon Disney" come February 13 1:00 AM. And the "Lilo & Stitch" movies that will still air on Disney XD, can't forget those.

Maybe, just maybe, the On Demand service will have a new "Toon Disney" section in their Disney Channel On Demand lineup representing the animated shows that air overnight. We can only hope. It would be great if fans could again view shows like "Lilo & Stitch: The Series,""American Dragon Jake Long," and "The Replacements" On Demand. Cross your fingers.

"Waggytoon"