Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Do You Hate Mertle?

Do You Hate Mertle?

Gamefan112

[1]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    Well, you should know my answer by looking at my username. Yes, I hate Mertle. I sure do. That mean spoiled rotten brat needs to die if you ask me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Waggytoon

[2]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 13

Mertle isn't really that bad. Sure she and her so-called friends tease Lilo for being different, but it's just the way she is. And though there would have been an opportunity to reform Mertle before being restored to normal after being robotized in Episode #61 "Shush", Lilo decided against reforming Mertle. Obviously, Lilo felt Mertle was much better as her spoiled self than a kinder person.

And let's not forget: Mertle decided to be in the group picture because Gigi wanted to be in it, since Gigi was an Experiment and part of the group. That was very sweet of Mertle to do that.

There are those who may not appreciate Mertle's snootiness and disrespect for Lilo, but she is who she is. And basically, she may get on fans' nerves, but she can't help the way she is. She probably has a more refined childhood than anyone else on the island, since her mother runs a real estate company. Anyway, there's no need to hate Mertle in a major sense. She just has a more obnoxious attitude that makes her important to her friends. Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh!

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[3]Sep 24, 2008
    I disagree. I think Mertle is bad. I think she is a mean evil bratty witch. About you saying that's just the way she is, well,I don't care. I don't think that's an excuse. That just the way Mertle is. That doesn't make it right. I said it before and I'll say it again. She has no right to treat Lilo like yesterday's garbage. No right at all. So are you saying that if I do something bad and then I said, "That's just the way I am," everyone will say, "Oh, well then in that case, just forget about it?" No, I don't think so. And as far as the episode Shush goes, Jumba offered to make adjustments in Mertle's head and Lil told me no. She did so because she didn't think it was right to mess with someone's mind, not because she preferred Mertle as a mean rotten bratty person. I mean come on. Do you think Lilo likes it when Mertle calls her weirdlo, laughs at, and makes fun of her? I don't think so. So Lilo told Jumba to leave Mertle's mind alone because she didn't think it was right to configure someone's mind. That's the only reason. But then remember Lilo regretted not having Jumba make adjustments to Mertle when she awoke and resumed acting like her stupid mean bratty self. Remember, Lilo turned to Jumba and said, "Is it too late for those "adjustments?" then he shook his head yes. Of course, I'm with pleakley on this. When he/she said, "Yes, do it, oh yeah, do it." I'm saying the same thing. Oh yes, do it. Now as far as what Mertle did in at the end of Leroy and Stitch, Yeah, she reformed a little. Mertle allowed Gigi (Experiment 007) to be in the group picture. So what? That's good she did that I guess, but that still doesn't erase all of the crap Mertle put Lilo through. I might think differently if Mertle saw the errors of her ways and apologized to Lilo. I also might think differently if she apologised to Stitch as well. If Mertle turned to Lilo and said something like, "Look Lilo, I'm sorry for treating you so badly. I'm sorry for being so mean and rotten to you. I'm sorry for making fun of you. I'm sorry for always calling you weirdlo. I'm just so sorry. I apologise to you and Stitch. Stitch, I'm sorry for calling you disconfigured and ugly. I'm sorry for being mean to you. I am just so very very sorry. I hope you guys can find it in your hearts to forgive me." If Mertle said those things to Lilo and Stitch, and meant it, said it in a sincere way, than I might be more inclined to look past Mertle's mean bratty ways. I don't know. Otherwise though, I don't think so. And you say Mertle is sweet? Yeah, Mertle is sweet alright, sweet as a lemon. Just because Mertle did that one nice thing, I don't think that makes Mertle sweet, not at all. Now, you say Mertle is the way she is and she can't help it. That might be true but like I said, that doesn't make it right. That doesn't give Mertle a right to be a mean and rotten brat. And I think I speak for most fans. I don't excuse it. Just because Mertle is the way she is and she can't help it? No, I don't think that's an excuse. There's no excuse. And I think that's partly bologna anyway. I think Mertle can be nice if she wants too. Mertle is nice to her friends most of the time. Well, she does order them around sometimes, but at least, she treats them fairly good. At least, I think so. Mertle also nice to Gigi, especially in the episode Yapper, when she almost lost her to gantu. (By the way, when Mertle said, "Don't hurt me!" Well, I say, "Yes Gantu, hurt her." Ha ha ha.) And speaking of Gigi, like you yourself said, Mertle did allow Gigi to be in the group picture at the end of Leroy and Stitch. That was nice. So I think Mertle can be nice if she wants to. She just doesn't want to. Anyway, like I said, Saying Mertle is just the way she is and she can't help it doesn't make it right and is no excuse. Like I also said, If I go and do something bad, but then I say, "well, that's just the way I am. I can't help it. Do you really think that everyone will say, "oh well then, that's a different story. You can't helkp it. just forget about it then?" No, I don't think so. If I go and do something bad, I still would get into some type of trouble for it. So I don't buy the "Mertle is just the way she is and she can't help it" excuse. I don't buy it at all. And yes, I think there is a need to hate Mertle in a major Sense and I think I speak for most people when I say that. And how is Mertle Attitude important to her friends? Well, I don't think so. Well anyway, that all I have to say. Sorry for the long message, but I had a lot of things I wanted to say. Bye.

Waggytoon

[4]Sep 24, 2008

I'm really not a fan of Mertle anyway.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[5]Sep 25, 2008
    OK, good. Tot tell you the truth, I like Gantu more than Mertle. I like him a lot more than I like her. Yeah, he may not be the nicest creature in the world and he may come off as a bully, but in my opinion. I don't think Gantu is your typical villain and I don't think he is as bad as the other characters on the show make him out to be. I definitely don't think he's pure evil, not in the least. It's just that Gantu had a tough time as a child. He had no friends because his father was very stricked with him and did not allow him to have any friends. I know that because he told Rueben that in the episode Dupe. I'm not sure, but I'm think maybe when Gantu was a kid, he was an outcast like Lilo is, although, and I guess I could be wrong about this, but I bet no one called him weirdo. Anyway, Gantu shows his human side a lot in the series. He also shows that he's not your typical villain and is not pure evil a lot in the series. The are lots of examples, but probably the best one I can give is in the episode Topper. Gantu was gonna give the experiment wrapped up to Hamsterveil, but after a little girl's teareness got to him, he then decided to share it with everyone. Plus, Gantu then proceeded to play Santa Claus by handing out presents, no joke. So if that isn't proof that he's not pure evil, then I don't know what is. And don't forget about the episode Clip where Gantu comments that's it's cute how Lilo names all of the creatures So in my opinion, there are only a few episodes where you can say that Gantu acts like a real Villain. Those episodes are 627, Dupe, and Angel. (Your favorite episode I'm sure.) The most villainous that I seen him act is in Stitch: The Movie. Maybe Gantu acted somewhat villainous in Lilo and Stitch, but I think he acted the most villainous in Stitch: The Movie. And you know what, if I could, I would gift wrap and personally deliver some purely evil experiments to Gantu. I'm talking about Remmy and Phantasamo. Remmy, for invading Lilo's dream, and Phantasamo for causing trouble and framing Stitch. Also, in the episodes where Lilo bends over backwards for Mertle and is nice to her when she clearly doesn't deserve it. This might sound crazy, but I always wander the following question. What makes Mertle better than Gantu? Why, because she's not 20 feet tail, tries to steal the experiments away from Lilo and Stitch, and transports them to Hamsterveil? Are those those only reasons? Because if they are., I don't agree with that. I think that Mertle is the real villain of the show. I much rather see Gantu on screen, along with Rueben and Hamsterveil, (Although he can get very annoying and Gantu needs to tell him to shut up) than I would Mertle. I would love to use Swirly on Gantu to convince him that Mertle is an experiment so that he would take her away and no one would ever have to deal with her again. I mean really! Mertle is just a mean rotten bratty witch. She is a very unpleasant person to put it lightly. She's an abomination to put it heavily. Even Jumba and Pleakley don't like her. Although in the episode Swirly, he/she told Lilo that she needs to be more like Mertle just because she doesn't like the popular TV show "Look At This," which I thought and still think was and is stupid. I mean, Lilo has a right to her opinion. If she doesn't like that TV show, then she doesn't like it. Well, that's all I have to say. Bye.

Waggytoon

[6]Sep 25, 2008

As should be noted, Lilo did end up acting like Mertle thanks to being hypnotized by Swirly, but during the 'Look At This' performance, Jumba was able to snap Lilo out of the hypnotic spell. And, technically, sometimes Lilo does end up giving Mertle cause to be mean, with Lilo's sci-fi/horror-type reflections which Mertle doesn't understand, and probably doesn't want to anyway.

And though Gantu did attempt to capture Gigi, causing panic for Mertle, I should note a couple times Gantu and Mertle worked together somewhat in the attempts to capture some of the other Experiments. Like when Mertle recruited Gantu to be on her team, but frustrating Lilo by changing the game from baseball to basketball, and then making Slugger a bonus prize for the winning team; or when Mertle gave Gantu information about the whereabouts of Belle.

Of course, we shouldn't forget that Mertle was robotized to capture Shush, but Gantu did not appreciate being replaced.

So, apparently, both Gantu and Mertle have villainy in them, especially when they end up working together the couple times they did. Although Gantu has reformed, Mertle is still a little mean, though not too mean as during the series itself.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[7]Sep 26, 2008

Yeah, I know in Swirly Lilo began to act like Mertle thanks to the experiment. How did Lilo give cause to Mertle to act mean? Why, because she acted like her? Well, if that's the case, that should be a clue to Mertle that that behaving like that is no way to act. By the way, in Yapper, when Gantu took away Gigi away for Mertle, she cried to Lilo, "He's taking my dog!" Well, I said at the screen "Good. I'm glad Gantu is taking away you dog. You deserve it!" Especially since she tricked Lilo into giving Stitch coffee what makes him go crazy which coasted them the championship. Yes, I know Mertle gave the trophy to Lilo and Stitch, but I still hate her. She really even didn't said thank you, even though what she did say is probably the best your gonna get out of her. Anyway, after Mertle cried he's taking my dog. Lilo said, "No he's not!" I really hope that Lilo fed stitch coffee to get the experiment away from Gantu because she didn't want him to have her, not because Lilo did it as a favor to Mertle. I really hope not. That's why I can't understand why she bends over back for her when she treats Lilo like mud. Anyway, I also know that I guess yes sometime Mertle and Gantu work together to catch an experiment. Your right, in Shush, even Hamsterveil seek out her help. But that's because he knows how Mertle is. Hamsterveil knows that She is a mean person. So he probably figured that Mertle would be the right one for the job of capturing Shush. Of course, yeah, Gantu didn't appreciate being replaced, not by a newly hatched Earth form as he would probably put it. No, he didn't say that in the episode, but he once called Lilo that in the episode Splodyhead. However, I think Mertle is worse than Gantu. Like I said in my previous message, Gantu may not be the nicest creature in the world, he may have some issues, and he may come off as a bully, but as crazy as this might sound, I don't think he is as bad as Mertle. I just think that he's misunderstood. This might also sound crazy, but as times, I feel sorry for Gantu, yes I do, especially in the American Dragon: Jake Long crossover where at the end of the episode, big fat mean stupid jerky Spud used the experiment to turn Gantu into a bunny rabbit. I hate him so much, maybe even more than Mertle, dare I say. I mean, they had the experiment with them. They got it away from Gantu. They could have just left. But no, Big fat stupid jerky spud had to use the experiment and turned Gantu into a bunny rabbit. And it's not that it wears off, you need the experiment to change back to normal. Gantu even begged them. "Please, change me back!" But no, they just abandon him. so poor Gantu was left as a bunny rabbit. And I don't care hoe crazy that sounds, "poor Gantu," but It just bothers me so much. I like Gantu and I don't think he deserved that. Actually, I liked the episode until the end. I thought it was a good episode, until the end. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[8]Sep 26, 2008

On another board, I mentioned about how Lilo invited Mertle to parties Lilo was throwing, and Mertle refused the invitations. A generous act is done and this is how the act is dissed? Mertle's attitude was definitely way out of line in both instances (Lilo's birthday in Episode #18 "Amnesio" and Lilo's slumber party in Episode #26 "Dupe")!

And let's not forget, Mertle didn't want Lilo to come to Mertle's birthday party, but Lilo and Stitch became party crashers. And through a flook of booking Stitch's so-called magic act by Mertle's mother, Lilo wound up at Mertle's half-birthday party- which was crashed this time by Gantu, who was looking for Houdini. And though Lilo crashed Mertle's birthday, yet still was able to appear at her half-birthday, Mertle still dissed Lilo. Plus, Mertle exposed Stitch's magic act as phony by photographing Houdini, the camera flash blinding the rabbit and causing him to make everything else disappear, including Stitch!

Talk about crossing the line! Mertle's attitude toward Lilo has been that, and then some!

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[9]Sep 27, 2008
    Well, it should be very clear why Mertle didn't come to Lilo's birthday party in Amnesio, Why Mertle didn't come to Lilo's slumber party in Dupe, why Mertle didn't want Lilo to come to her party in Holio, why Mertle didn't want Lilo to come to her half-birthday party in Houdini, and why Mertle just plain doesn'twant Lilo around her and her friends is because, and it's very unfortunate for Lilo, Mertle doesn't like her and wants absolutely nothing to do with her. In Mertle eyes, Lilo is weird so that makes her a stupid awful terrible person. I hate that, and her, but that's how she thinks. I bet that if Lilo was lying on the ground on fire and Mertle saw her, She wouldn't so much as spit on her. I hate Mertle and how she is. If something bad happen to her, I wouldn't have any sympathy for her what so ever. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[10]Sep 29, 2008

The only good thing Mertle had ever done was allow Gigi to be part of LILO's group photo of Experiments near the end of the movie "Leroy & Stitch". And though Stitch was awarded the 'Best In Show' trophy at the dog show (Episode #8 "Gigi the Yapper"), the way Mertle acted when awarding the trophy to Lilo bragging how Gigi was still the best was a little low, but that's Mertle for you.

And Mertle learned Gigi could talk during the Big Battle in "Leroy & Stitch". Gigi helped Mertle avoid being in trouble with the other Leroys then, since she was Mertle's dog- and one of the famed Experiments. A rare instance of Mertle showing some sort of sweetness in her. Very rare.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[11]Sep 30, 2008
    Yeah, Mertle did allow Gigi to be in the group picture, she did give Lilo the trophy in Yapper, she DOES love Gigi and cares about her very much, but, if there is any sweetness in Mertle, like you said, it is very rare. In Yapper, Lilo let Mertle keep Gigi because she thinks that Mertle will graduate from just being nice to Gigi to being nice to her as well. Of course, Mertle never really does. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[12]Oct 6, 2008

And the cheer Mertle and the hula girls Yuki, Teresa, and Elena had done after their baseball team beat Lilo, Stitch, and the Experiment Posse? How cruel and insensitive toward Lilo! (Episode #38 "Slugger")

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[13]Oct 16, 2008
    I know really!

Waggytoon

[14]Oct 16, 2008

And how about in Episode #56 "Heckler" when Mertle didn't want to come to the charity benefit. Of course, after Heckler tried out his insult comedy on her, she decided to come- just to retaliate against the comic Experiment with that target game, tossing tomatoes and landing Heckler in the water.

And she irked Lilo about an upcoming family portrait in Episode #60 "Wishy Washy", claiming Lilo's portrait wouldn't be a normal type. Not to mention Episode #44 "Slick" when she, and the hula girls, dissed Lilo's idea of selling 'vampire novels'. Or even Episode #57 "Ploot", when she refused to assist Lilo in helping clean up the grotto. Then again, Lilo wasn't able to find anyone on the island to help, so she relied on Stitch in the cleanup.

Then there was Episode #47 "PJ", when Mertle had Lilo framed for pranks the redheaded menace had done.

Wow! Mertle really has a mean streak in her!

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[15]Oct 16, 2008
    Well Yeah, Mertle is just a mean cruel person. She's such a bratty witch. This is no new news to me. All the episodes you brought up where Mertle is mean to Lilo, I know about these. You don't have to convince me that she is no good. That's been saying the whole time. Mertle is just a big fat mean dumb stupid retarded spoiled rotten bratty witch. She is totally scum. She's is lower than low. So to put it lightly, Mertle is just a mean, cruel, and an unpleasant person. Anyway, like I said, I've been saying this the whole time. I don't know if it was on this subject thread or not, but your original message to me about Mertle is that "She's not all that bad." And I kept saying "Yes she is." So you don't have to convince me about Mertle. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[16]Oct 20, 2008

Thanks to a misconstrued conversation overheard by Lilo courtesy of Shush about Mertle giving away some of her dolls, Mertle's hula girl sidekicks turned against her. Probably the only time Mertle deserved being the odd girl out, knowing how it felt leaving Lilo out of their playtime activities. This before the call from Hamsterviel that would really bring out the badness in Mertle.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[17]Oct 22, 2008
    You know, you might think that Mertle learns a lesson and thinks to herself, "Wow, now I know how Lilo feels when I leave her out and not allow her to hang with me and my friends." You might think that, but no, I don't think so. I think maybe anyone else would think that but no Mertle. She's just a mean, rotten, and cruel person. End of story. I think the only way she would change her mean ways if someone threaten her life. If someone picked her up and said, "You be nice to Lilo, or I will hurt (and/or) kill you!" I think that is the only way Mertle would change. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[18]Nov 5, 2008

In the movie "Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch", Mertle upsets Lilo by telling her "You'll never be as good as your mother", which causes Lilo to beat up on Mertle, as Stitch's photographs clearly showed. Of course, that got Lilo in trouble. And just because she defended herself and her late mom, even though Mertle really deserved the pummeling Lilo had given that redheaded troublemaker!

"Waggytoon"

P.S. Toon Disney better not have tampered with the end credits of the movie tonight! I'm watching the movie later, and the end credits better be the way they've always been, at the correct speed and everything, or there's going to be a flurry of enraged fans- including me!

Waggytoon

[19]Nov 6, 2008

UPDATE:

I watched "Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch" last night. The end credits were exactly as they were intended to roll, at the correct speed and everything. No worthless promos either. Mainly because it was a prime-time airing.

And the line of Mertle's that led to Lilo pounding Mertle, with Stitch's photos as proof: "You'll never be like your mom. Never."

As I noted, Mertle deserved the pounding. Which caused Lilo to end up in trouble.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[20]Nov 6, 2008
    Of course, Mertle deserved the pounding. I agree 100%. I think she deserves everything bad she gets. And I don't think Lilo should have gotten in trouble for it either. You see, that's what I hate. Mertle can act any way she wants without any consequences what so ever, but if Lilo retaliates against her, She's the one who get in trouble. Yeah, that's very fair. Lilo has the gole to stick up for herself and not take crap from Mertle. Lilo has some nerve, don't you think? Of course, I'm being sarcastic. Lilo has the right to stick up for herself and not take crap from a snot nose bratty witch like Mertle. I also think that Lilo has a right to beat her up too.. She deserves it. Personally, I love when Lilo beats up Mertle. I wish she would haven beaten her up in the series too. Anyway, like I said, Mertle can act anyway she wants and never gets in trouble for it, but if Lilo retaliates against her, she's the one who gets into trouble. I mean, that's so unfair. Personally, if I was Lilo outside of hula ****I would avoid Mertle at all costs. I know she can't avoid her in hula ****since they are in the same **** but other than that, I think Lilo should avoid Mertle like the plague. And in the series, Lilo says the reason why she's around Mertle is because she's the only one she has besides Stitch. But that's not true. Their are other little girls on the island that Lilo could make and be friends with. The little girl in Topper, the little girl in Ace, and other little girls from episodes of the series that I can't remember off hand. So what about those little girls? They seem nice. Why doesn't Lilo be friends with them? I bet you that if Lilo got a group of those other little girls to be her friends, they would help her put Mertle in her place. They would say "Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!" to her. Well, I guess at least Lilo has Samantha to be friends with. However, I do think she should make friends with those little girls I mentioned too. Well bye.
    Edited on 11/08/2008 12:47am