Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Do You Hate Mertle?

Do You Hate Mertle?

Waggytoon

[21]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 13

Who's Samantha? I think you were meaning Victoria.

Oh, and need we mention Mertle sold the most candy during Episode #44 "Slick", which led her to enjoying an unlimited supply of shaved ice- at least up to 17 cups of it anyway.

"Waggytoon"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gamefan112

[22]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    Yeah, I mean Victoria. There's something I don't understand in the episode Slick. How come when Gantu wants a chocolate bar that Lilo is selling because he thinks that it will heal his cold, why doesn't she just sell it to him, instead of just trading a chocolate bar for the experiment? I mean, Gantu has to have some money since he works for Hamsterjerk. So why does Lilo just sell him the chocolate bar? Someone in the episode page brought it up and I wonder that myself. And no, I don't have any personal hate feelings for Hamsterveil like I do for Mertle, but he can get so annoying. I wish Gantu would tell him to shut up. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[23]Nov 18, 2008

I believe the distrust Mertle has for Lilo goes back to the very first movie, when, after Mertle dissed Lilo's fish story (Lilo was late to do the hula with the girls because she was feeding a peanut butter sandwich to Pudge after having to go to the store to buy peanut butter), Lilo hit and bit Mertle, winding up in trouble.

"Waggytoon"

Chin-Inon

[24]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    And that begs the question: was there ever a point when Mertle and Lilo were actually friends? Did the animosity originate before or after the fish incident?

Gamefan112

[25]Nov 18, 2008
    No, I doubt very much that Lilo and Mertle were friends at one time. Oh, I think Lilo would be friends with Mertle in a heartbeat, even though Mertle treats her like garbage, probably because that she is a very nice, kind, and good hearted little girl, but I doubt it very much that Mertle would ever be friends with Lilo, not even if her life depended on it. I don't think not even if Gantu threaten to crush her if she don't be friends with Lilo. I don't know why you would think that, but no, I seriously soubt it that Lilo and Mertle were ever friends or will ever be friends. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[26]Nov 19, 2008

No matter how troublesome Mertle really is, Lilo will somehow try her best to befriend the orange-haired menace. Even though Mertle snubs Lilo, Lilo always tries to be a nice girl to her. Though there have been those particular moments where befriending Mertle just couldn't work- moments found in the pre-Experiment-era movies.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[27]Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, that's the one thing I don't understand about Lilo. Why is she so nice to Mertle when she treats her like trash? Is it because maybe Lilo is so desperate to be friends with Mertle because she thinks she and the other girls is the only ones she has except Stitch? Well, if that's the reason, it's not true because like I said before, there are other little girls on the island that Lilo can be friends with. For instance, the little girls in Topper and Ace. They seem nice. Why doesn't Lilo be friends with them? All right, Maybe they don't go to hula school like Lilo, Mertle, and the other girls, but Still, when Lilo is not in hula school why doesn't she just avoid Mertle and the other girls, and be friends and hang out with those other little girls on the island that I talked about? There are probably even other little girls on the island that Lilo can be friends with. After all, hula school is not Lilo's whole life, regardless of what she told Victoria when she first meet her in Swapper. The main thing Lilo does is of course, goes after experiments with Stitch. So like I said, hula school is not Lilo's whole life. She does other things too. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[30]Nov 26, 2008

Lilo actually befriended those girls from the other school in the now-rarely-played Episode #50 "Phoon", since Mertle ended up rejected by those other girls from that hip-hop hula fusion school, as noted shortly after the start of the episode, when Elena mentioned how Mertle was turned down for that school. And when the two sets of schoolgirls met, Mertle did her usual sassing toward Lilo, who tricked her way into being with the hip-hop hula fusion girls, but those girls rattled Mertle over her skimpy hula clothing, with Lilo continuing her fabrications in order to remain popular with the hip-hop hula fusion girls, thus embarrassing Mertle in the process.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[31]Nov 26, 2008

Yeah, in that episode when Mertle started to do her usually bashing of Lilo, this time, she had friends to back her up and defend Lilo. Mertle deserved to be embarrassed.

Waggytoon

[32]Dec 1, 2008

I think I've noted just about all of Mertle's major appearances on the show and the movies.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[33]Dec 5, 2008
    Yeah, me too.

CF3689

[34]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 22

yes, i hate myrtle! i hate how she treats lilo. i think she should go jump off a cliff