Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Goodness In Gantu

Did Gantu show enough good in the franchise?

Waggytoon

[1]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 13

Here's an important question concerning Gantu: Do you think Gantu showed enough good in him throughout the original "LILO & STITCH" franchise?

"Waggytoon"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gamefan112

[2]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    I like Gantu. I don't think he's as bad as the other characters on the show make him out to be. I think Gantu is misunderstood. It's just that he had a tough childhood. His dad was very strict with him and didn't allow him to have any friends. Plus, in the series, I'm sure he doesn't like it that he stuck on an Allien planet. Well, at least to him, Earth is an Allien planet. He also probably doesn't like the fact that he was fired from being captain, Has to deal with Hamsterveil barking at him all the time, (Although, I think Gantu should tell him to shut the hell up) and has to deal with Lilo and Stitch interfering with his experiment hunting. At least, that's probably how he sees it. Of course, we all know that he turned completely good in Leroy and Stitch. I knew he had potential. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[3]Oct 13, 2008

Of course we all know when Gantu was at his meanest: when he kidnapped Angel after Pleakley had completed his video. Gantu smashed Pleakley's camcorder by stepping on it, then netted Angel, and escaped, Angel inside a capture container. The lowest moment for Gantu ever.

Interestingly enough, Gantu had one major happy ending: after Amnesio caused Hamsterviel to lose his memory, Gantu gloated about catching Hamsterviel, staring at the trophy Lilo had made for the whale while she, Stitch, and Gantu, were all suffering from memory loss caused by Amnesio earlier in that episode, #18 in the series.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[4]Oct 13, 2008
    The most villainous I've seen Gantu was in Stitch: The Movie, Dupe, Poxy, Angel, and 627. Other than those examples, I don't think he's that bad. Yeah, before Leroy and Stitch, Gantu may have wanted to capture the experiments before Lilo and Stitch could, he may have had a temper, and he may have not been the nicest creature in the world, but in the series, I don't think Gantu is all that threatening except maybe the time he pointed his blaster at Lilo in Fibber and when he was gonna stump on her in Topper. Although, Gantu more than made up for it by one, give the present he was going to Hamsterveil to a little girl, which of couse, was Topper, and two, playing Sana Clauas by actually handing out presents to everyone. I wander where he got all those presents from. Gantu was really nice in that episode. Anyway, that right there should tell anyone that Gantu is not all that bad. As a matter of fact, if that's not proof that Gantu is not all that bad, then I don't know what is. Call me crazy but I think Lilo and Stitch should have apologized to him. I know Gantu has a rep wanting wanting the experiments for himself or Hamsterveil, mainly Hamsterveil, but I don't think Lilo and Stitch should have automatically assumed that. Or at the very least, when they found out they were wrong, They should have apologized to him. I think that alone should be a reason to do so. And if both Lilo and Stitch don't apologize to him, I think at the very very least, Lilo should have. Oh well, whatever. So overall, I don't think Gantu is all that bad and evil. He's definitely not pure evil, I'll tell you that. I watched other shows with Villains in them and I can say yes, this villain is pure evil, but Gantu, uh uh. And yeah, at the end of Amnesio, Gantu used the experiment on Hamsterveil to make him forget everything. Actually, instead of Gantu telling him what he did, He should have told Hamsterveil that he works for him. Ha ha. Well anyway, that's all I have to say now. Bye.

Waggytoon

[5]Oct 14, 2008

Other times Gantu showed his good side was when he assisted Stitch in catching Splodyhead, though Gantu wanted Splodyhead himself; and when he befriended Mr. Stenchy, being kind of mother-like to the Experiment.

And here's something interesting: When Gantu actually had those Experiments in his custody, they were all from Season 1. Gantu never caught any Season 2 Experiments.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[6]Oct 14, 2008

Yeah, I forgot about the episodes Splodyhead and Mr. Stenchy. It's amazing how everyone fell for Mr. Stenchy's charm. Everyone except Stitch that is. Even Gantu fell for him. And you know what, all the characters in that episode say that Mr. Stenchy is so cute. Well, I guess he's kind of cute, but not much. I think Stitch is much cuter. I think the reason why I fell that way is because He is so expressional, not to mention that he reminds me of a bunny rabbit. Mr Stenchy on the other hand, has only one expression on his face. That's probably why I don't think he's as cute as Stitch. I think he is even more cuter in the movies. in the series Stitch is cute, but in the movies, I think he is so cute times 10 million. That's how I feel. So anyway, it goes back to what I said before. Gantu is not that bad, he's defiantly not pure evil. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[7]Oct 15, 2008

So Gantu is 'defiantly not pure evil', as you so put it. And though there were a couple Experiments he acquired for Hamsterviel, the end result was that Hamsterviel didn't want them at all. Yet, Experiments such as Nosy and Felix still wound up with Hamsterviel- until the impertinent gerbil decided to return them to Gantu in Episode #63.2 "Woops", of course. But there were those Experiments Hamsterviel received from Gantu that were kept for a while, like Amnesio, Tank, Hunkahunka, and unfortunately, Angel. And there were some Experiments that ended up with Hamsterviel through some flook of some sort. Did it seem like Retro and Fibber wound up among those captured Experiments as revealed in the "Woops" short? How did Retro end up with the other captive Experiments? The one Experiment does look like Retro somewhat. Or is that one supposed to be Tank?

What matters is that Gantu did send Experiments to Hamsterviel, while others were rejected by the rodent and left to be reformed by Lilo and Stitch.

And of course, Gantu broke Hamsterviel out of prison in "Leroy & Stitch", but would later regret that decision after Hamsterviel took over control of the Galactic Council. By then, Gantu would begin to reform.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[8]Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I know Gantu caught experiments for Hamsterveil, but Like I said, and I might sound like a broken recored, but I do feel that He is not pure evil. Gantu shows his human side a lot in the series. No, he's not really a human, but you know what I mean. The things that he does and says. Showing that he does have a heart, especially in the Topper episode. Anyway, why does you supose Gantu turned fully good and helped Lilo and Rueben escape for the holding cell and confront Hamsterveil? Is it because Gantu wanted to get back at him for firing ihm? or did he realize that Hamsterveil was in the wrong, or maybe both reasons? Well bye.

Waggytoon

[9]Oct 16, 2008

There are some moments Gantu really shone. Like in Episode #60 "Wishy Washy", when Hamsterviel was ranting at Gantu, and the big whale made a wish, causing Hamsterviel to appear in the spaceship- as a rat! Probably the most humorous moment Gantu would ever have. And in that same episode, we got to see Gantu's high-school sweetheart, Cinta- though she didn't quite look the same way Gantu recalled her to be from the holographic high school yearbook. AND Cinta didn't realize she was wished to Gantu's ship! But Gantu wasn't interested in Cinta anymore the way she looked, so he wished her away. Probably because Cinta mocked Gantu for what he was wearing!

Then again, Gantu's karaoke from Episode #65 "Snafu" (Angel Saga- Part 2) left a bad taste in viewers' mouths- and an island of laughter when everyone, including Experiments Gantu was intending to capture with Angel's signature siren song, heard the whale's deep-voiced karaoke on tape thanks to Snafu. Was Gantu ever embarrassed that moment!

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[10]Oct 16, 2008
    I think in the Wishy Washy episode, Gantu wished away Cinta because one, she looked very unattractive and two, She started nagging him. Well, that's all I have to say. I'm not sure how to respond to your message. All I know is that I like Gantu and he's not all that bad. He's definitely not pure evil, not even close. Oh sure, Gantu has his bad side, but he also has a good side as well. All though I don't think he should use it against anyone, I think he's height is kind of impressive. Don't you think? Gantu is 20 feet tail. I mean, just imagine being 20 feet tail. Of course, you wouldn't be able to get in your house unless they made the house taller or you could shrink and grow at will. Anyway, that's all I have to say. Bye.

Waggytoon

[11]Oct 20, 2008

Of course Gantu inadvertantly caught American Dragon Jake Long thinking it was Morpholomew. And somehow, the whale wound up with Poxy inside him. It should also be noted that he wound up getting back all the Experiments he had sent to Hamsterviel during the original series run. Yet Gantu could maintain his composure even when things weren't quite the way he expected them to be.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[12]Oct 22, 2008

Personally, I hate Spud because of what he did to Gantu and the end of Morpholomew. Turning him into a bunny rabbit. Then to make matters worse, he begged him to turn him back and they all they just abandoned him. I mean, that is so mean! I hate Spud with a passion after seeing that! I don't think Gantu himself could have been more mean. I mean, they had the experiment with them. They could have just left, but oh no, stupid jerky Spud had to turn poor Gantu into a bunny rabbit. And yes, I say "Poor Gantu," and I don't care what anyone else thinks of that. That's just plain mean, evil , and cruel for Spud to do that to him. Gantu may be no Angel, but I think that's just down right cruel for what Spud did to him. By the way, the reason why Gantu ended up with Poxy inside of him because When he was shrunk down, Lilo infected him with the experiment. I always thought so anyway, Which I think is mean also, not as mnean what Spud did to Gantu, but still at the very least. on the mean side. Anyway, I started to notice a continuing trend with Gantu. In every episode, he always says, "Oh, this is too easy." Of course, it never really is. Well bye.

Waggytoon

[13]Nov 18, 2008

There are of course two famed Experiments that ended up irritating Hamsterviel to the point that the rodent didn't want them. First, Nosy (Episode #28) let Hamsterviel know about the names Gantu would call that gerbil, upsetting him enough to return Nosy to Gantu. And then there was Heckler (Episode #56). He one-upped Hamsterviel with the insult comedy. He out- insulted Hamsterviel to the point that the hamster didn't want that Experiment whatsoever in his collection. So Gantu set Heckler free.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[14]Nov 18, 2008
    Yeah, I know about those experiments.

Waggytoon

[15]Nov 19, 2008

So, can we recall which Experiments Gantu had actually acquired and which ones were rejected for interesting developments caused by those Experiments?

"Waggytoon"