We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Sad News to report,Disney Xd will not Air Lilo and Stitch as part of their Stati

Shadegriver

[1]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 4

I know I could not believe it when I read the Press Release but it is true. Disney XD will not Air Lilo and Stitch - The series as Reported by the Offical Press Release for Disney XD - Linked Here - http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/prstuff/jetix.html

If you want to be my friend/penpal and talk Lilo and Stitch - The Series/movies ect. anytime then let me know here,or just E-mail me at Auczorakja@yahoo.com or PM me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Waggytoon

[2]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 13

The only way Toon Disney can end on a high note and segue to the launch of Disney XD would be to air the movie "Leroy & Stitch" followed by a special prime-time block of "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" episodes that spotlight Angel ("Angel", "Remmy", and the one-time-only on Toon Disney airing of "Snafu", which has never aired on Toon Disney whatsoever, for some weird reason.)

By the way, "Lilo & Stitch" isn't the only series that's not on the Disney XD schedule. "Timon & Pumbaa", which had been a staple of Toon Disney since day one, is no longer airing, so that series will not be on the Disney XD schedule either. And, because "Lilo & Stitch" isn't on the Disney XD schedule, you might as well know now neither is the "Stitch! The Anime" spinoff planning to appear there.

So if everything goes the way it should, February 12 from 9:00 PM to 12:00 Midnight should be the Toon Disney/"Lilo & Stitch: The Series" Angel's Siren Song Swan Song Special consisting of "Leroy & Stitch", "Angel", "Remmy", and "Snafu", which should lead to the launch of Disney XD.

All the other popular Disney animated series will be on Disney XD except the most important "Lilo & Stitch: The Series"! The network won't even make it past the first minute.

"Waggytoon"

swtt

[3]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 18
    Oh I will miss it! I better watch it now before it goes off.

Waggytoon

[4]Jan 26, 2009

While "LILO & STITCH: THE SERIES" may be leaving Toon Disney at the same time Disney XD is launched, the show will still be airing on Disney Channel (and Disney Channel HD for those with high-def TVs) in the early morning.

But wait! What about the "LILO & STITCH" MOVIES? Will they be airing in the Disney XD movie lineup? And will Disney XD restore the end credits of those movies to their original rolling length, like they should? You see, while Disney Channel airs the series, Toon Disney mainly has the movies. So perhaps the movies will still air when Disney XD takes over.

And what may have been noticed during the entire run on Toon Disney is that "LILO & STITCH: THE SERIES", among other Toon Disney shows, never aired after 7:00 PM! Only recently, "Kim Possible" (the shorts) and "American Dragon Jake Long" were graduated to prime-time airings. Regrettably, "LILO & STITCH: THE SERIES" can not be able to have the graduation. Then again, neither can "The Replacements" nor "The Emperor's New School". It's doubtful "Dave the Barbarian" will be on the new Disney XD schedule either, so these four shows can't air in prime-time, and only two of these series will be on the Disney XD schedule. How disrespectful is that?

"Waggytoon"

Shadegriver

[5]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 4

Exactually. it makes no sence why Lilo and Stitch -TAS and Timon and Pumbaa,David The Barbarian and even Darkwing Duck,Ducktales and ect. I mean our not these charaters like Stitch,Dave,Timon and Pumbaa,Darkwing,Scrooge,and others all Guys. I mean so what if some cartoons have A female in the lead. Boys like Lilo and Stitch and even Kim Possible to.

so the real reason behind this I feel is A Controversy at Disney. to keep certain Cartoons on and other off. an I dont want to make waves here. but their is 1 cartoon that Survived all the 2004 Classic Cartoons axing. An had A Comfortable seat on Jetix;while such Grates of Classic like Darkwing Duck and Ducktales didn't. An that really Angers me and makes me MAD AS Heck this happen.

an this same CARTOON Is spared ONCE AGAIN To air on DISNEY XD?. then you wonder why I say this is A Unfair and Discrimanation and Predjustice Against Classic Cartoons like Darkwing Duck,Ducktales,Timon and Pumbaa, Airing World at Disney and now this station Disney XD is following this same ATTITUDED Towards them to. taking now Lilo and Stitch - TAS with them. I'll tell you;i'll get off my soap box now. take more later my friends. keep the Lilo and Stitch faith. this no Lilo and Stitch -TAS airing thing will be short lived on Disney XD I just know it. dont ask how I just know these things somehow.

Waggytoon

[6]Jan 29, 2009

Okay, I'm a bit confused here. I really don't understand what you're trying to say. I can figure out that this lack of "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" on the new Disney XD may not last very long (hopefully, only one second into the Disney XD scheduling!), but I'm not quite connected with what you mention about a Disney series continuing into the Disney XD routine that started in the old Jetix lineup. It's not any of the popular Disney series graduating to Disney XD ("The Replacements,""The Emperor's New School,""American Dragon Jake Long,""Phineas & Ferb,""Yin Yang Yo!"), so it's probably a show that wouldn't really matter except for those doofuses at Disney XD!

Besides, it's obvious Disney XD will be doing a lot of hype for their live-action adventure series "Aaron Stone" because it's their anchor series on the new network, and they're hoping that series is a success. Although I'm more leaning towards their new animated series "Kid Vs. Kat" and "Jimmy Two-Shoes", as well as acquired series "Static Shock" (a popular Warner Bros. animated adventure series from a few years back). And if there's enough rallying, Disney XD could be forced to bring back "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" and hopefully even add the spinoff "Stitch! The Anime" later in the year, in addition to airing the "Lilo & Stitch" movies, hopefully with restored end credit sequences. What Toon Disney had done to those end credits is horrifying, to say the least!

"Waggytoon"

Waggytoon

[7]Feb 18, 2009

After almost a week on the air, I can now mention that Disney XD is 99% junk! The only shows that are decent enough to air are "Yin Yang Yo!,""American Dragon Jake Long,""Phineas & Ferb," "Static Shock" reruns, and yet to have actual premieres "Kid Vs. Kat" and "Jimmy Two-Shoes".

The rest of Disney XD is pure junk! "Aaron Stone": new live-action junk! "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody": current live-action junk! "Jett Jackson,""Even Stevens," and "Phil of the Future": ancient live-action junk! Movies currently airing on Disney XD: more live-action junk! The rest of the animated programming: post-Jetix junk!!

Disney XD doesn't even deserve to continue with such junk airing! And clogging the schedule this week with that two-part "Aaron Stone" episode proves the network isn't worth staying on the air at all!

Let's hope the network redeems itself and decides to air the "Lilo & Stitch" movies. At least "Leroy & Stitch", since that movie is the best of the four released.

"Waggytoon"

Gamefan112

[8]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    I really hope that the staff at Disney XD decide to add Lilo and Stitch: The Series to their schedule and show the movies too, but especially the series. Disney XD needs to stop being all boy power and add the famous duo, the earth girl and Alien to their schedule. And I don't believe for a second, not a second, that only girls watch Lilo and Stitch, or any shows with girls in them for that matter. Just like I don't believe that only boys watch shows with boys in them. In fact, back when The Powerpuff Girls were on the air and popular, I read in an article that quote, the Powerpuff Girls are so popular, even boys watch it, (including me) unquote. So I don't believe for a second that only boys watch boys shows and only girls watch girls shows, not a second. Well bye.
    Edited on 03/12/2009 10:47pm

Waggytoon

[9]Mar 13, 2009

There's something to note: Disney XD programming mainly has male characters in their series titles. To wit, "Phineas and Ferb,""American Dragon Jake Long,""Pinky and the Brain" (I can't believe I recalled that one!), "Aaron Stone,""The Emperor's New School" (referring to Kuzco, of course), "Static Shock" (Static is the title hero in the show), "Kid Vs. Kat" (Coop is the so-called male Kid of the title), and "Jimmy Two-Shoes", among others.

However, there are some exceptions to Disney XD'S male character-titled lineup, with series titles that have a female receiving top billing: "Pucca" and "Yin Yang Yo!" (Yin is the female pink rabbit member of the group).

And then there are the team series: "Monster Buster Club,""The Replacements,""Gargoyles,""X-Men," and "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!", among those series titles.

But it's mostly a male-character-title situation on Disney XD. So why don't we have "Lilo & Stitch: The Series"- or movies- in the network schedule? The network has those female-character-lead series titles noted above, so they should have the "Lilo & Stitch" franchise. But they don't! And that's what's causing Disney XD to have less than stellar ratings across the board.

"Waggytoon"