Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Snafu (part 2)

Pyreo

[81]Dec 24, 2005
    • level: 13
    -_- It's going to be sent via MSN.

We tried it today and it's a whopping AVI file. About 100,000 bytes. Thing is, my friend had a TERRIBLY slow connection so it would have taken 14.7 hours for me to receive. She says she's going to upgrade to broadband or something on Monday or Tuesday, so we'll try again then.

I still don't know if I'll be able to pass it on so don't get your hopes up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

magandjrod

[82]Dec 24, 2005
    mag- i just say it'd better to wait for the eppy to air. I'm waiting for it.

Taceyon

[83]Dec 25, 2005
    • level: 2
    Tell your friend to convert it to MPEG-2 format first, because that should lower the file size by at least half while still retaining its original quality. After that, you and your friend could leave your internet connection on all night, and you should have the file by the time you wake up the next day. Also, I suggest you let people with megabit cable or DSL connections handle distribution (like me; I have 3 Mb cable), because those can handle upload speeds a lot better.

Or, you could host the file on a web site temporarily. While I was typing this post, I remembered seeing a site a few days ago that allowed users to upload files as large as 100 megabytes for free! I didn't remember which one, so I Googled it and came up with a better site:

http://www.bigupload.com/

It lets users host files up to 300 megabytes in size! And there's no registration required! And no software is required to download or upload files! AND NO FEES! You won't even need to convert the original file! In fact, if anyone's interested, since I've recorded every ep shown in the US, if there are any requests, I'll put up a few! Of course, since they are in VOB format in 720x480, I'll have to convert the files and lower the resolution. But I can put up Link right now, because I downloaded that one! Does anyone want to download it?

And Pyreo, thank you SO MUCH for considering my request as much as you did! You made my Christmas!

magandjrod

[84]Dec 25, 2005
    Taceyon wrote:
    Tell your friend to convert it to MPEG-2 format first, because that should lower the file size by at least half while still retaining its original quality. After that, you and your friend could leave your internet connection on all night, and you should have the file by the time you wake up the next day. Also, I suggest you let people with megabit cable or DSL connections handle distribution (like me; I have 3 Mb cable), because those can handle upload speeds a lot better.

Or, you could host the file on a web site temporarily. While I was typing this post, I remembered seeing a site a few days ago that allowed users to upload files as large as 100 megabytes for free! I didn't remember which one, so I Googled it and came up with a better site:

http://www.bigupload.com/

It lets users host files up to 300 megabytes in size! And there's no registration required! And no software is required to download or upload files! AND NO FEES! You won't even need to convert the original file! In fact, if anyone's interested, since I've recorded every ep shown in the US, if there are any requests, I'll put up a few! Of course, since they are in VOB format in 720x480, I'll have to convert the files and lower the resolution. But I can put up Link right now, because I downloaded that one! Does anyone want to download it?

And Pyreo, thank you SO MUCH for considering my request as much as you did! You made my Christmas!

mag- well i wanna download the snafu eppy, but there's a problem since all of you epople seem to have Dell comps, windows comps, instaed of mac comps (I have a mac).... I don't think that i can see it since the eppy is in a wmv file and my comp cannot read those kinds of files, since the only way i can see the ep is through this programming called quicktime.....

life sucks.

Taceyon

[85]Dec 25, 2005
    No it doesn't. First of all, Pyreo said it was an AVI file (can a Mac play that?). Second, Microsoft has software that run on Macs. For example, the following web site should solve your WMV issues for free:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsmedia

And this should solve the rest your Mac/Windows compatibility issues:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx

I haven't found a trial version of VPC for Mac yet, but there must be one somewhere. I have VPC on my PC, and I love it! It's just like having a working PC inside the real thing, except in a window. And the best part is the savestate feature. You can use it to go back to virtually ANY point in time you were using it, which is very useful when you're playing a game, and you get REALLY far without being able to save and don't want to go through everything again in case you mess up. Just make sure you don't go back to a previous state after you install software in VPC, or it dumps the memory and restarts.

Oh, and isn't anyone interested in downloading Link? I can host it at that web site I mentioned earlier.

magandjrod

[86]Dec 25, 2005
    Taceyon wrote:
    No it doesn't. First of all, Pyreo said it was an AVI file (can a Mac play that?). Second, Microsoft has software that run on Macs. For example, the following web site should solve your WMV issues for free:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsmedia

And this should solve the rest your Mac/Windows compatibility issues:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx

I haven't found a trial version of VPC for Mac yet, but there must be one somewhere. I have VPC on my PC, and I love it! It's just like having a working PC inside the real thing, except in a window. And the best part is the savestate feature. You can use it to go back to virtually ANY point in time you were using it, which is very useful when you're playing a game, and you get REALLY far without being able to save and don't want to go through everything again in case you mess up. Just make sure you don't go back to a previous state after you install software in VPC, or it dumps the memory and restarts.

Oh, and isn't anyone interested in downloading Link? I can host it at that web site I mentioned earlier.

well i do want the ppy, but I'm not sure about that link you said...

do you mean by uploading the snafu eppy to somebody, or getting the ep yourself?

I think my comp can read AVI flies.

I'm interseted in getting the Link eppy too!

Taceyon

[87]Dec 25, 2005
    I've said it before, but you know that it's in French, right? Just want to make sure before you spend hours downloading it. Oh, and the site has a resume feature.

magandjrod

[88]Dec 25, 2005
    Taceyon wrote:
    I've said it before, but you know that it's in French, right? Just want to make sure before you spend hours downloading it. Oh, and the site has a resume feature.

mag- fench, don't care I want the ep no matter what language.

minimoose01

[89]Dec 26, 2005
    • level: 5
    maggie dont worry ive found out i will have 1 month of platinum package if it doesnt air for you ill be taping snafu and ill send it to you on dvd..

magandjrod

[90]Dec 26, 2005
    minimoose01 wrote:
    maggie dont worry ive found out i will have 1 month of platinum package if it doesnt air for you ill be taping snafu and ill send it to you on dvd..

mag-thanks mini!

Taceyon

[91]Dec 26, 2005
    Well Mag, I just tried uploading it, but the site didn't give me a link to it. So I'll have to wait until they email me with the link, and then I'll paste it here. It may not be until tomorrow, though.

magandjrod

[92]Dec 26, 2005
    Taceyon wrote:
    Well Mag, I just tried uploading it, but the site didn't give me a link to it. So I'll have to wait until they email me with the link, and then I'll paste it here. It may not be until tomorrow, though.

mag- okay. i can wait.

Taceyon

[93]Dec 27, 2005
    Sorry Mag, apparently it didn't completely upload. I'm going to try a different site. I found a list of several ones to go through; one of those is bound to work right. And if I still can't upload the complete file, then I'll split it up into parts that can be put back together once downloaded.

Oh, and minimoose01, nice to have another member from a more developed country in the forum! So, you have a DVD recorder? Be sure to use the XP recording speed, it retains the most quality!

And Pyreo, did you get the Snafu ep yet?

Pyreo

[94]Dec 27, 2005
    Not yet, no. I'll see if it can be uploaded to a host site but I'm not sure - it's all up to the opinion of whoever recorded it first.

Taceyon

[95]Dec 27, 2005
    I found the perfect site. In fact, I'm using it right now to upload Link.

http://www.filefactory.com/

You can upload files up to 200 megabytes in size for FREE, without registering. I already read the terms and FAQs, and the upload process is very simple. It even shows how much of the file has been uploaded, and estimates how much time remains until it's finished! Bigupload.com wasn't nearly as user friendly. Just be sure to copy the download link that appears after the upload is finished!

As soon as my upload is done, I'll put the download link here for anyone who wants to see Link.

magandjrod

[96]Dec 27, 2005
    mag- aweosme! then i could see Link in french.... thank you!

Taceyon

[97]Dec 27, 2005
    You're very welcome. The upload should be finished in about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Also, I put the ep into a zip file with a password, to make sure no one can see it unless they're part of our forum. I'll put it up once someone finishes downloading it.

Taceyon

[98]Dec 27, 2005
    Well, there must be something wrong with my connection, because this is the second time the file wasn't completely uploaded. It got about halfway on filefactory.com and then just stopped. It's about 200 megabytes, so it's probably just too big. I just finished splitting it up into 50 megabyte pieces, so I'm going to see how that works, and then get back here with a status report.

magandjrod

[99]Dec 27, 2005
    mag- okay.

Taceyon

[100]Dec 27, 2005
    Alright, I FINALLY got the first part uploaded. Here's the link:

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=d6db7c63153f2a64435bbfc3

I'm uploading the second one right now. Each one takes about an hour to upload; it'll probably take about 20 minutes to download each part. Just don't try to extract the ep until you have all four parts.

Oh, and you'll also need an extractor program. I recommend using 7zip or ALZip, because both are free and provide their own compression formats. As for Macs, I'll get back to you on that, Mag.