We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Lilo & Stitch: The Series Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Snafu (part 2)

magandjrod

[121]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 13
    Taceyon wrote:
    When you say file, does that mean that you have the file named 'Lilo & Stitch - Link (fr).avi'?

mag- no it says:

L-and-S1.zip.003

same with all the others. it says that it's a document.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taceyon

[122]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 2
    Oh. That's where StuffIt comes in. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly how to extract the file, but try looking for file spanning in the help file. That may tell you how to put it back together.

Also, just to make sure, you have all four parts, right?

magandjrod

[123]Dec 27, 2005
    Taceyon wrote:
    Oh. That's where StuffIt comes in. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly how to extract the file, but try looking for file spanning in the help file. That may tell you how to put it back together.

Also, just to make sure, you have all four parts, right?

not yet. let me get the 3rd file. then... i'll do some stuff....

magandjrod

[124]Dec 27, 2005
    mag- got it. what do i do now?

magandjrod

[125]Dec 27, 2005
    mag-........ MORE THEN 40 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!

just to expand them..... and i don't have the passphrase for it to happen..... ugh...... by all of this i may as well forget it...

Taceyon

[126]Dec 27, 2005
    You downloaded a 50 MB file in less than two minutes?! What service do you have?

Well, at least you can extract it now. The password is:

mahaloforum

magandjrod

[127]Dec 27, 2005
    Taceyon wrote:
    You downloaded a 50 MB file in less than two minutes?! What service do you have?

Well, at least you can extract it now. The password is:

mahaloforum

yes in less then 2 hours the file was extracted.....

um....... service is RCN cable modem.....

magandjrod

[128]Dec 27, 2005
    mag- the stiffit expander quits expanding the files of all 4 of the documents. It doesn't wanna do it.

Taceyon

[129]Dec 27, 2005
    So, you are able to extract it? I don't see why it would take over 40 hours to extract. Wait for about five minutes before you cancel extraction. By that point it should either come up with a much more reasonable estimate or it may be finished.

magandjrod

[130]Dec 27, 2005
    mag- don't delete those links to the link ep..... I'll try again tomarrow.

magandjrod

[131]Dec 27, 2005
    mag- ti says that the thing was being extracted but nothing happens...

forget it......

Taceyon

[132]Dec 27, 2005
    Did you wait for about five minutes?

Pyreo

[133]Dec 28, 2005
    If anyone's still wondering about Snafu, I won't be able to give it to anyone and it's not going to be hosted anywhere. The person who recorded it doesn't want it splashed around. I still don't have it yet, though.

magandjrod

[134]Dec 28, 2005
    Taceyon wrote:
    Did you wait for about five minutes?

mag- yep, still nothing.

Chin-Inon

[135]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 8
    I'm sorry, but I must be real dumb here: correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a place online where see can watch an episode? If so, how complicated is are the steps to see it, because unless it's a matter of going to a webpage and siply clicking on a single link, I always think it's too complicated.

In a nutshell: I don't want to download any shockwaves or anything like that, I just want the episode. If the only way I can see this episode now is by dowloading anything besides the episode itself, then I will just wait until it airs.

magandjrod

[136]Dec 28, 2005
    Chin-Inon wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I must be real dumb here: correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a place online where see can watch an episode? If so, how complicated is are the steps to see it, because unless it's a matter of going to a webpage and siply clicking on a single link, I always think it's too complicated.

In a nutshell: I don't want to download any shockwaves or anything like that, I just want the episode. If the only way I can see this episode now is by dowloading anything besides the episode itself, then I will just wait until it airs.

mag- I know what you mean. about the steps on a website to download an eppy.... you need to make an account and they want credit cards and stuff...

Taceyon

[137]Dec 28, 2005
    magandjrod wrote:
    Chin-Inon wrote:

mag- I know what you mean. about the steps on a website to download an eppy.... you need to make an account and they want credit cards and stuff...

And they never tell you exactly what shows and episodes they have. If I ever find one that has any of the unaired eps, I don't really care how much it is or what I have to do. I'm desperate. And here's why:

Pyreo wrote:
    If anyone's still wondering about Snafu, I won't be able to give it to anyone and it's not going to be hosted anywhere. The person who recorded it doesn't want it splashed around. I still don't have it yet, though.

I'm not blaming either of you, Pyreo. I blame the law for being too vague and obscure. This friend of yours must think that this is illegal. I've thoroughly researched the subject, and I can assure the both of you that its not for a few reasons. First, no one is throwing money around. Second, the ep wasn't ripped off a copyrighted tangible medium, such as a DVD. Third, shows from TV are recorded and distributed all around the world, and you never hear about anyone getting arrested. If recording TV shows was truly illegal, then every company that manufactured DVD recorders, VCRs, and PC video capture cards would be facing lawsuits from broadcasting companies all the time, until the government decided to put them out of business. As for distribution, it's exactly like copying a recorded show from one DVD or tape to another and sending it to someone else, only much faster, and without the excessively high shipping charges. When you hear about peer-to-peer software companies being sued and shut down, it's because they were allowing users to upload and download pirated copies of software, ripped video games and decrypted DVDs. It has nothing to do with the distribution of recorded TV shows.

And Mag, if you're still having problems with seeing Link, I looked for a couple hours last night and found a program that will let me go on your desktop and show you what to do. I knew something like that had to exist, because of Virtual PC on Mac, but I didn't know it was so hard to come by.

Oh, and Chin-Inon, you can download Link by going to the following web pages:

Part 1: http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=d6db7c63153f2a64435bbfc3
    Part 2: http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=952df9b4ae342f762c9b18e1
    Part 3: http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=27241c4f71654bfffc7ea263
    Part 4: http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=7500b9815f6dac486dc7afb3

Just make sure you have all four parts before you extract it. And you'll need to use an extraction program such as ALZip or 7zip, both of which are free and can be found on download.com.

magandjrod

[138]Dec 28, 2005
    mag- naw.... I gave up a loooooooong time ago.

Pyreo

[139]Dec 28, 2005
    I don't know whether being illegal is what has the person worried, but I didn't think it was... I don't know who got it originally, but I thought it was more protecting their stuff, because they went to get it themselves.

Taceyon

[140]Dec 28, 2005
    Mag, I could use the program to directly send you the avi file, so you could watch it as soon as you get it. Interested?

And Pyreo, could you at least ask your friend where they got it?