Submission Guidelines

danbambridge

[1]May 10, 2007
    • level: 89
    Welcome to the guide for Lippy the Lion.

Please ensure that you have read the TV.com Guidelines and the guidelines below prior to submitting information to the guide. If you need any clarification on the guidelines, please PM me and I will be happy to help.

Guidelines

Copy/Paste
    Sources
    Submission Comments
    Acceptance/Rejection PMs
    Spelling/Grammar
    Nielson Ratings
    Links
    Episode Submission Guidelines
    Trivia
    Notes
    Allusions
    Quotes
    Cast/Crew

Copy/Paste
    Copy & Pasting of information from another site is disallowed on TV.com. I do a Google search on all submissions sent to me to ensure that they have not been copied from another website, so please don't try this - I will catch the copy/pasting! (Back)

Sources
    Please always provide a source for your information - this will help me to verify that your submission is legitimate and can help speed up the moderation process. If you gained your information from another website, please copy the exact URL for the page on the site that you gained the information from - try not to just give me the main website page as I may not be able to find the information on the site & this may result in rejection of your submission.

If your source is "I watched the episode" this is fine, but please try to make a note of where in the episode the information was - a time stamp is always good, even if it's just to give me a rough idea of which part of the episode I need to check to confirm your submission.

If your source is a book or a magazine, you could consider including a scanned version of the page in your submission comments - this is not required, but could help your submission to be dealt with faster. (Back)

Submission Comments
    Please always include a comment. Comments are there for two reasons - they help me to see what changes you are making and they help you to see the same when you check the submissions tab in your profile.

An ideal submission comment will tell me as specifically as possible what you are changing (i.e. if you are removing an incorrect guest star and adding two missing stars, please name them and tell me what you're doing with them!) and will also include a source. (Back)

Acceptance/Rejection PMs
    Please always try to read both the acceptance & rejection PMs that you receive from me. I will often make suggestions in the acceptance PMs for future submissions and will always explain a rejection, with suggestions on how the submission could be improved, wherever possible. (Back)

Spelling/Grammar Checking
    Please check your spelling and grammar before hitting the submit button. Errors can be easily missed while you're concentrating on typing out a submission, but can be easily caught with a quick check before pressing the submit button.

I will correct minor spelling and grammar errors where possible, but if your spelling and grammar is so bad that I can't understand your submission, I will be forced to reject! (Back)

Nielson Ratings
    Please do not submit Nielson Ratings. These are copyrighted and are not allowed in the TV.com guides. (Back)

Links
    Please do not link to sites outside of the CNET arena in your submissions. As a general rule, I don't add links to other Cnet guides within submissions, but if you do wish to add a link while submitting information I will not reject. Do not edit an existing submission to add a link to another guide - I will reject this type of submission. (Back)

Episode Submission Guidelines
    In order to submit a new episode to the guide, you must have 2 out of 3 of the following criteria:

Title
    Air date
    Summary.

This means you can submit an episode with:

Title & Summary but no airdate.
    Title plus Airdate but no summary (if you do this please leave the summary box completely blank).
    Title, Summary and Airdate.

You will be unable to submit an episode without a title.

Please provide a source for episode additions - if you watched the episode and are using your knowledge from the viewing rather than using an internet source, please note this and note when and where you watched the episode. (Back)

Trivia
    From the TV.com guidelines: "Trivia is any small detail or goof that may not be known to people who view an episode. Trivia deals with on screen information. A car license plate is trivia. A goof is also trivia. Anything that happens off screen is not trivia." (Back)

Notes
    From the TV.com guidelines: "Notes deal with off screen details. Details relating to show production should be included in the notes section."

Music included in an episode can be added to the notes section. Please only make one submission with all of the episode's music - don't make 5 notes for 5 songs, I will reject these with a request that you edit the first note to add the additional music.

If a main actor does not appear in an episode, please remove them from the cast listing for the episode rather than adding a note saying "Actor X did not appear in this episode".

If an actor is credited by another name in the episode, please do not submit this as a note - this can be added as an alias to the biography section of the actor's guide. (Back)

Allusions
    From the TV.com guidelines: "An allusion is an indirect reference to another form of media - a show, movie, book, piece of music etc. If the media is directly referred to, for example the star of a show names another show, this is not an allusion. Please include as much information as possible when submitting allusions to the show."

When you submit an allusion, please include either the quote from the episode or a header of some form in bold followed by a short explanation of the allusion, for example:

Person X: Hey, you look just like Captain Kirk!
    Captain Kirk was a character in the Sci-Fi show, Star Trek.

(Back)

Quotes
    When submitting a quote, the character name should be in bold. The colon following the character name should not be in bold. Any actions in the quote should be in italics.

A quote is submitted as follows:

Code:
    <strong>Character Name 1</strong>: Quote line one.<br/><em>(action here)</em><br/><strong>Character Name 2</strong>: Quote line two.

This gives you the following:

Character Name 1: Quote line one.
    (action here)
    Character Name 2: Quote line two.

(Back)

Cast/Crew
    Please submit all cast members in one submission. Likewise, please submit all crew members in one submission. Submissions which add guest stars/cast to an episode one person at a time come under the heading of gaming and will not be accepted.

If you spot a person listed for an episode incorrectly, please remove them from cast. Please do not submit a note indicating that "Person X did not appear in this episode" - this information will be gained from checking the cast list. If you are making a submission to remove a cast/crew member from an episode, please provide a source.

When submitting guests to a talk show, please input the guest star's role as Himself or Herself (with capital letters at the start of the word). (Back)
    Edited on 11/17/2008 2:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.