Lipstick Jungle

Chapter Five: Dressed To Kill

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Mar 06, 2008 on NBC

6.2
  • Mediocre show, great actresses.

6.1
    Even though I have not given this show good reviews, I continue to turn in each week. And now I have to admit, it seems to be getting better. The story lines are still not that well written but the characters are becoming much more engaging. Mostly, I would credit the great actresses. The writers still need to figure out what they're doing. In this episode the climax to the Victory story line was poorly developed and a bit confusing. There's supposed to be some big confrontation and it turned out to be nothing more than a childish cat fight. Quite undignified and unrealistic. As for Wendy - she submits her husband's demo under another name but then tells the director. Then keeps it from her husband so that he thinks he got the job based on his own merit. Quite unoriginal. I'm sure we can look forward to an episode where he finds out she orchestrated it and it puts a strain on their marriage. Blah blah blah. And finally, Nico. While they've made her into a high powered, jealous tramp, her chemistry with Kirby is really hot and makes watching quite enjoyable. Of course, the story line is also unoriginal and we all know what happens next. However, there are some great lines and great clothes. The relationship between Victory and Joe is fun to watch and again - those scenes with Kirby and Nico are a must see.