Lipstick Jungle

Chapter Seven: Carpe Threesome

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Mar 20, 2008 on NBC

5.9
  • Nothing too exciting happened and nothing really was set up for future seasons (if there are any.. I don't know). Okay storyline, but not a good season finisher at all!

Nothing at all really happened with Wendy's storyline at all. She supposedly risks herself by saying she'll pay a screenwriter when she finished the script, no matter how good it turns out, but everything works out fine (with absolutely nothing gone wrong) and nothing happens that would set up further story lines. Along the lines of Wendy, I don't think we saw her husband, Shane at all in this episode except to kiss her or something. Nothing significant happening there either.

Now onto Victory... She dumped Joe in the last episode because she didn't want her boyfriend being her boss too. We see some more of that storyline, but nothing of much interest. She stays away from him and meets two stars who want her to be their stylist. She gets caught up in a threesome with them... well, almost at least. At the end, she calls Joe because she wants him back, but he's with another girl, so that storyline is over, too. I did like the scene at the end where she was "playing hookie" with her assistant person, Roy. Is there anything there? That might be sort of interesting!

Now onto the character who was the main focus of this episode, Nico. While she is with Kirby, she gets tons of calls and finally picks one up, only to find out that her husband, Charles, has had a heart attack. She rushes to the hospital and feels guilty about having been with Kirby. Wendy shows up at the hospital and the two reconcile their friendship. Also, that student of Charles' we met in an earlier episode reappears to deliver his work to the hospital. A note falls out of the stuff that says something along the lines of "Thanks for everything. Miss you." Nico thinks that he is having an affair and goes to Kirby, but ends up breaking things off with him. I actually liked Kirby and Nico together, so that was sort of a bummer. But, the Charles cheating thing could lead to something new in a storyline.

All in all, it was a pretty good episode. It just wasn't at all the kind of episode for the end of a season!
  • Season finale...no nail biters here.

Well, I have watched the entire season of Lipstick. Not hard to do since there were only 7 episodes. The season got off to a rock start, got interesting in the middle and then just puttered on in this last episode. Wendy had almost no story line at all. She spends most of the episode coaxing an older writer into finishing a script for a movie about to begin production. On a bright note, she reconciles with Nico. Speaking of Nico, she has some hot sex scenes with Kirby only to learn that Charles had a heart attack and was trying to reach her. She breaks it off with Kirby because she wants her marriage back, which is a little confusing since she thinks he's cheating with a young student. And finally, Victory. She takes an ethical stand with Joe saying that if he's her boss, he can't also be her boyfriend. No mixing business with pleasure. However, she seems to forget her ethics when she then agrees to act as stylist for a couple doing a photo shoot for Bonfire. Somehow she finds herself taking part in a threesome with her clients. Go figure. She's saved when the couple begins to agrue and decides to get off her high horse with Joe. Unfortunately, Joe has already moved on to the next acquistion. So there's really nothing to look forward to next season - no Joe and Victory and no steamy Kirby/Nico sex. Oh well...