Lipstick Jungle

Chapter Six: Take the High Road

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Mar 13, 2008 on NBC

5.8
  • Disappointing at best.

In my review last week, I suggested this show was getting better. I spoke too soon. I also suggested the writers were making Nico into a tramp. This week she's continued her selfish, trampy ways. And to top it all off, it's just poorly written. Wendy is supposedly Nico's best friend, but she can't bring herself to mention during their 6 hour flight that her boy toy is meeting her. Last week, I mentioned two bright spots in this show - the hot steamy scenes between Nico and Kirby and the great, fun relationship between Victory and Joe. So this week, no steamy scenes between Nico and Kirby. And worse, Victory and Joe fall apart. Again, poor writing. Let me get this straight - Victory has no problem with Joe redesigning several rooms in his mansion for her. She has no problem with him buying her an entire wardrobe of designer clothing and shoes that have to be worth thousands and thousands of dollars. BUT, he secretly invested in her company??? Why is she upset - because she doesn't want the man she's dating, owning her. Hello??? He's an investor, he invested in her company. The clothes, the shoes, the rooms - now that's a kept woman. I really hope the writers wake up soon and get themselves together. They are sucking the life right out of this show.