Lipstick Jungle Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Episode Discussion: Chapter Thirteen: The Lyin, The B and the Wardrobe

TesserT

[1]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 75
    Airs Friday Oct 31st.

from tv.com: Victory deals with her store opening and Dahlia's extravagant plans for the opening. Joe has worries where his relationship with Victory is concerned and makes a decision. Wendy heads back to Parador Pictures to pitch a new movie, but the new VP puts a damper on her mood. Nico runs into Megan with her new baby and instantly bonds with him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TesserT

[2]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 75
    This was one of the better eps. The pace was good & thank goodness Wendy is finding her niche - starting her own production company is excellent. Things ended nicely - except Joe should have stuck around.

HRGirl

[3]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    I really enjoyed this episode. I felt horrible for Joe though I wish that he and Victory would get back together. I did not like how Nico got so attached to Charlie. Hopefully this new company will do some good for Wendy.

djboy76

[4]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 15

First off, it was good to see the girls finally use their purported "Mr Big" powers. Thus far their jobs have been not that different than anyone else's. Higher up the chain, certainly, but limited throwing around of their weight. The wine on the dress thing seemed a little familiar, but was pulled off reasonably well, particularly putting Victory in the dress instead of a model.

Glad to see Victory chose Rodrigo. She has been reasonably consistent about not getting back involved with Joe, and I'm glad to see it's not from being 90210-ish high school crap ("yes I do", "no I don't", "I love you", "I hate you"...). Joe's a complete freak. Going from nothing, or civil at best, to marriage in the space of one episode. Nico didn't help either, giving him the notion that he had a chance, without having any actual idea. A fatal mistake with someone like Joe. If Victory made any mistake, it was dropping the wall and being anything other than frosty with Joe. This episode demonstrates the reason I don't like him. Because it's all about him, not about "them".

The Wendy/Parador thing - yes, the VP was an airhead and the suggestion was dull and formulaeic, but I think the point had to be made that she won't get any favors. Beyond being more readily able to get a pitch session, at any rate. Favors are what got her in trouble in the first place.

Decent amount of Roy this episode, which pleases me. Dahlia's Redenbacher crack had me at "oh, she's outta here" well before the invoice thing. He put her in her place like a gentleman. The socks remind me of Booth from Bones.

djboy77

[5]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 7

I was re-watching LJ over the Xmas break while everything's been on hiatus, and noticed the irony of Dahlia's little diss on Roy (the "Redenbacher" crack) - Roy's whole look is very "current" now. Bowties on rappers, sweaters on athletes, ties and cardigans on movie stars...

Suck that, Dahlia.