Lipstick Jungle Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Two new writer's blogs from NBC.com Dec 2008

vitaminjd

[1]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 13

Love On the Run - December 30, 2008

Previously on Lipstick Jungle... Victory said she was going to marry Joe. And she meant business. Enough head games, waiting, talking. When a couple has tried this hard to be apart, but can't, it means something. If she's going to start a new chapter with Joe, it's going to be on her terms. Victory is determined to be the mistress of her own happy ending and propose to Joe. But how? Hard enough to flip gender roles and propose to a man, but worse if he's a billionaire with a knack for the huge romantic gesture. How do you impress a guy who can private-jet you to Paris for breakfast? In the Writers Room, some thought it should be totally understated -- she just asks him off the cuff, while walking down the street. Others (me) thought that would feel like a cheat. We waited so long for them to tie the knot; we should make a major deal of it. Like Victory would arrange for contortionists from the Big Apple Circus to spell out, "Marry Me, Joe" with their bodies. Or (I'll share my pitch here): Victory disguises herself as a chauffeur and, driving his limo from the airport, takes him on a "shortcut" to a surprise destination in... New Jersey. It's a deserted drive-in where she's arranged to have one of their favorite romantic black-and-white movies playing. But it all goes awry when Joe thinks he's actually being kidnapped and presses his panic button. A SWAT team arrives just as they pull into the drive-in. Crazy? Maybe, but I thought the limo was a good metaphor -- her taking the drivers seat, etc. Oliver didn't go for that one. But we landed on a proposal that is a little less "broad." Then we debated the next big question: Will Joe say yes or no?

Two Truths and a Life - December 18, 2008

Happy Holidays, everyone. Did you know last week's ratings were our best yet? We're not on the air this week. But get ready to break in the New Year with Episode 212, airing Friday, January 2 at 9 p.m. Please put that appointment down in your iPhones and Blackberries and refrigerator Post-Its. I'm reading a lot of tweaked-out comments about the description of the final episode, Chapter 20, on Wikipedia. I couldn't find it but did see a description on the Lipstick Jungle Fanatic site... Is this the one?

Chapter Twenty: One wedding and two pregnancy's January 9, 2009 213 Victory and Joe go to Las Vegas for the wedding, and Victory is pregnant too. Griffin wants to get married to with Nico, but it's too soon for her. Finally, Wendy, Shane, Nico and Griffin go to Las Vegas for the wedding. Nico finds Kirby in Las Vegas and she realizes she loves him and Nico and Kirby get married and they realize that Kirby is the father to the future baby of Nico. Happy end. (series finale)
    Um, wrong!? Nothing true in it. Not one bit. No Vegas, no pregnancies. No proposal from Griffin. That much I can guarantee. See you in two weeks.

Source: NBC.com

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vitaminjd

[2]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 13
    vitaminjd wrote:

... Happy end. (series finale)
    Um, wrong!? Nothing true in it. Not one bit. No Vegas, no pregnancies. No proposal from Griffin. That much I can guarantee. See you in two weeks.

Notice that they did not correct the part about it being the series finale.
    Edited on 01/01/2009 12:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.