Listen Up

CBS (ended 2005)

Listen Up Fan Reviews (7)

7.3
  • I disagree with the cancelling of this show.

I found this show to be another clean cut show for family entertaining. Why is it if there is no violence or sex it doesn't make the cut. I found this show to be adorable and funny. I really enjoyed all the characters. I have always enjoyed Monday night lineup on CBS as my favorite night of television. I am afraid they are now going to bugger it up. Last year's lineup was perfect. I couldn't stand Jason Alexander's character on Sienfeld, made me crazy, but I really enjoyed him in Listen Up. I really hope there is enough feedback that this show returns to the air. Another good example of poor choices for cancellation.
  • Based on Tony Kornheiser, Jason Alexander decided to try again with a series about a Sportscaster. This was done despite the Seinfeld curse, but unfortunatly, it was cancelled after one full season.

I thought this was a really funny show. I enjoyed watching it on a line-up of Listen Up, and 24. Now of course I wont be able to do that next year. I don't get what is wrong with it. It had very funny actors. It had funny story-lines (and it isn't one of those "dramatic" comedys, Friends, cough..cough). It had really funny writing as well. Now I don't see why it didn't last. It was as good as most of the comedies out these days. Well I recommend renting the DVD if it comes out with one and enjoy.
  • A great decent show that shouldn't have been cancelled.

I hate when networks or companies decide to cancel shows sometimes without telling viewers! Thats just wrong! This show was good clean entertainment! Listen Up was a fairly decent show with good actors and great dialogue and episode plots. I loved many episodes of the series and this show didn't deserve to be cancelled! In my opinion, critic's stink.
  • This show was very underappreciated when it was on the air. It was a different familial side of the old Costanza that we all knew and loved from Seinfeld, but this show was about his pretty normal family.

This show wasn't bad, it wasn't great, but it was worth the watch. I guess it was just too different of a role for the idiot Costanza we knew in Seinfeld.

It was geared for the family audience for CBS but I guess audiences didn't click with the show or maybe just it's premise. The ratings weren't there I think because nowadays you have to have some controversy or explicitness about it to survive.

At least it survived the Seinfeld curse (kind of) by standing tall for a full 22 episodes but got the axe just after the the season. I'm just glad that I have them all on my own DVDs, because I don't think they'll be released at all or anytime soon.
  • This show had potential

6.8
    I feel that "Listen Up" had the potential to succeed more than one season. The show got decent ratings, and enough viewers that it should have at least been picked up for a second season. However, now a days, networks are just dishing out hunk after hunk after hunk of trash that get cancelled, if your lucky, within a year. Very few comedies are succeeding today, and one of the few successful ones left is "Will & Grace" which is now entering its 8th and final season during the 2005-2006 year. We can only hope that at least one or two of the new network comedies will succeed.
  • not good. not bad either.

it was okay. i first watched it cuz George Costanza was in it. I thought it was pretty bad, but kept watching it. It got funnier, but never made me laugh out loud. It had some potential and probably could have gotten even better. doop de doop shoop ya.

EROK
  • Not as bad as some of the critics would have you believe. But not good either.

I found this show to be better in many ways than the "Still Standing" show that preceeded it. Jason Alexander is a talented comic actor who did manage to break from his George character here.

The pilot was pretty solid I felt. After that, things never seemed to progress much. Each episode revolved around Tony trying to get closer to his teenage daughter. The chemistry between Jamal-Warner and Alexander was never there in my opinion.

But the cast as a whole was talented. The jokes were usually amusing. This is a show that could have done better and might have improved a little had it come back for a 2nd season.

Not that I'll miss it. CBS should be able to do better.