Little House on the Prairie

Episode 0

Bless All the Dear Children

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Dec 17, 1984 on NBC

7.1
  • Rose is kidnapped by a woman who has lost a baby and Nancy is forced to chop down a Christmas story.

This episode was sad, because of the woman who lost her baby and the fact that little Rose gets kidnapped. I love felt the way the Wilder's handled her was wonderful. They could have turned her over to the authorities, but instead they let her go considering what she's gone through. They show that they do have compassion for others, plus they were able to get Rose back. The fact that they found a home for that orphan boy who stowed away in their wagon was wonderful. I have always love Little House On the Prairie. I used to watch it every day after school, but I haven't watched it as much lately, because I've been pretty busy.
  • This is the only episode that is worse than "For the Love of Blanche." This time we're treated to an unseasonably warm and snowless Minnesotan winter. Even as a Floridian I gotta scoff. & we're introduced to yet another too cute, precocious orphan waif.

1. Rose gets kidnapped.
    2. Meanwhile a waif escapes the orphanage.
    3. The hunt is on for Rose with the waif in tow.
    4. I fast forward through a bunch of crud.
    5. Rose is found.
    6. Charges aren't pressed against the kidnapper. Um, exscuse me??
    7. The waif lives with the kidnapper and her husband.
    8. I fast forward through more crud.
    The only twins that were worse than the Carries were the Roses. Seriously. "What's your name, little girl?" Points at candy cane, "Candy!" Greenbush twins coulda answered that question. But after 88 takes that was probably their best. LHOTP needed more & better holiday episodes. They could've explored Nellie and Percival celebrating Hannukah, much to Mrs. Oleson's chagrin, in season 7. Or the blind school's Christmas in seasons 5 or 6. Or Laura and Zeldamo's first X-mas in season 7. The possibilities were endless. Why didn't they ask me?
INSP