Little House on the Prairie

Christmas at Plum Creek

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Dec 25, 1974 on NBC

• Spend Christmas at Plum Creek with the Ingalls

What I really like about the episode "Christmas at Plum Creek" is how it has a sort of "Gift of the Magi" when the episode comes to the end, with how Laura trades her beloved horse Bunny to get Ma a stove for Christmas, and gets a new saddle to use on Bunny from her parents. Granted, Laura didn't know what her present was going to be, I thought that her actions where very selfless, caring more about her mother than her happiness in riding Bunny to make the trade with Mr. Oleson for the stove. What I also liked about the episode also goes along with the Gift of the Magi references, because of how everybody kept what their Christmas present giving plans a screct so that their suprises could go off without a hitch. To me, I found it a little heart-breaking to see Caroline want to stop Laura from giving Bunny to Nellie and the way she was crying after Nels and Nellie left and how she felt bad for Charles for working so hard on her present. It is a classic episode that shows how much love the Ingalls clan has for each other. "Christmas At Plum Creek" is possibly my favorite Christmas episode the show produced in its 10 season run.
INSP