Are the "Little House" books available for sale anywhere?

sallenj

[1]May 23, 2011
    • level: 16

Okay, I know this isn't about the tv series necessarily, but on another site, we were talking about fictional romances in books, tv, and movies, and the romance between Laura and Almonzo came up. So, one woman had only read the series through "These Happy Golden Years" when Laura and Almonzo got married. I mentioned "The First Four Years" as continuing the story, but she hasn't been able to find the book anywhere, and it wasn't part of her original set.

So, the question is, "Are the 'Little House' books still in print? And are they available anywhere to buy--either as a set or individually?" The lady on the other site owns all of the books through "These Happy Golden Years", but really wants to own a copy of "The First Four Years." She is going to try to get a copy from the library to read, but she still wants to buy a copy. Does anyone know if they are in print, and where they might be purchased? Or if they are available somewhere online for sale? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

catsmeow3

[2]May 29, 2011
    • level: 13

As far as I know, LIW's books have never gone out of print, the books you mentioned are still available everywhere, and I've seen some great sets that cost thousands of dollars (and they're beautiful), but most sets sell for only a few bucks. Amazon has The First Four Years listed for $8.99, most decent sized librarys have all of Laura's books on their shelves, you'll find them in juvenile fiction section under "W".

sallenj

[3]May 31, 2011
    • level: 16

Thanks. I appreciate the info. I did a Google search, and found them listed at Barnes and Noble after I posted here. Still, thanks for the answer. I'll pass that along.