Boycott Hallmark Channel!!!

sqeakycat

[1]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 5

If you love Little House on The Prairie like I do, BOYCOTT HALLMARK CHANNEL UNTIL THEY AGREE TO PUT IT BACK!!!!!!!!

I didn't seem to mind when they took one hour off of LHOTP in January to put I Love Lucy on, because I Love Lucy is a memorable and wonderful show. I was happy when they put the hour back a few weeks later. I was a bit perturbed when they took the hour off again in February to put Golden Girls on. Don't get me wrong, I love Golden Girls alot! I have all the DVDs, watched it on Lifetime, but it's just not a Hallmark-y kind of show! Like LHOTP, Highway to Heaven, The Waltons, 7th heaven, Murder She Wrote, etc.

But this morning I was stark raving MAD!! they took it off completely! Not to be on until Saturday, April 18th, and that's the only time in April!

I loved Hallmark Channel. Their meaningful family-oriented dramas, and heart-wrenching movies, but when they take the good stuff off (Not saying that Golden Girls isn't good, M*A*S*H is good too, but do they need to have it on so much during the day?) like the Waltons, LHOTP etc. .. .

Then I tend to BOYCOTT HALLMARK!!

ARE YA WITH ME LITTLE HOUSE LOVERS????

Where's Pa? Ma? Laura, Mary and Carrie and even Harriet, Nellie, Willie and Nancy?

HALLMARK STOLE THEM FROM US!!!!!!

Edited on 03/30/2009 12:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rubyt

[2]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    I already have since I found out today what they've done. I will NOT watch their channel until they screw their head on straight.

DrCook920

[3]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 17
    This is news to me. I haven't been happy about the afternoon schedule change, but was getting used to it. Now it's gone in the morning too? I'm speechless.

millerem99

[4]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 51

I honestly think Hallmark has lost its mind and doesn't know where to find it. For weeks now it has been promoting the advent of The Golden Girls during their 4/5 EST/CT time slot. I like GG so didn't mind the transition from Little House to that, so long as they kept LHOP on at 3 p.m. Then suddenly, without warning, Hallmark airs M*A*S*H of all things at 3p.m. and 4 p.m., without any indication of this switch. They already air M*A*S*H in the evenings for a couple hours, and they're still doing so, which just makes no sense that they'd boot their other shows in favor of this one.

You can do more than boycott Hallmark. You can log onto their web site and voice your complaints there: http://web.hallmarkchannel.com/community/kickapps/index.html

I did so when they put Cheers on suddenly in place of Little House, and I believe enough of us must have complained because that only lasted a week.

sqeakycat

[5]Mar 31, 2009

Thanks for posting the link. I have gone on there too and tried to register for their website, they said to wait for a confirmation email to click on the link and then I'd be able to post. I think they are already bombarded with tons of emails and complaints, because the email still hasn't come yet and it was almost 24 hours ago!

So I called, left a message, went on the link for the community suggestions and opinions, finally I used my Google account to sign in and posted my opinion on blogs, forums, everywhere! I'll keep doing it. Also I'm being heard, my cat has a blog on Catster.com, and even though it had nothing to do with cats, I posted a diary entry about Hallmark channel in her blog and it won a Daily Diary Pick, which means people are reading it, and hopefully are agreeing with it!

Whoohoo! I hope this means we will be able to get thru their thick heads and they'll bring it back!

Edited on 03/31/2009 7:36am

millerem99

[6]Mar 31, 2009
    sqeakycat wrote:

Thanks for posting the link. I have gone on there too and tried to register for their website, they said to wait for a confirmation email to click on the link and then I'd be able to post. I think they are already bombarded with tons of emails and complaints, because the email still hasn't come yet and it was almost 24 hours ago!

So I called, left a message, went on the link for the community suggestions and opinions, finally I used my Google account to sign in and posted my opinion on blogs, forums, everywhere! I'll keep doing it. Also I'm being heard, my cat has a blog on Catster.com, and even though it had nothing to do with cats, I posted a diary entry about Hallmark channel in her blog and it won a Daily Diary Pick, which means people are reading it, and hopefully are agreeing with it!

Whoohoo! I hope this means we will be able to get thru their thick heads and they'll bring it back!

I just logged on again and it looks as though they're getting a ton of feedback about Little House. Someone said on one of the forums that Hallmark's contract for the show expired, but who knows - if it's true, it's probably going to be a big regret for them. Either way, three hours - six straight shows - of M*A*S*H is extreme [sigh]

aubreyp

[7]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 7
    I was very upset i always watched it durring my daughter's naptimes. I dislike M*A*S*H i am in disbelief that there are that many in a row

sqeakycat

[8]Apr 6, 2009

There will be a marathon on Saturday, April 18th with the Little House movies, like The Last Farewell (how appropriate!). Also, the Disney version, which is actually taken from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books (more than the Michael Landon seriies). I'm giving up my boycott for that one day. Hopefully Hallmark will see that most of their viewers are not happy with their latest change and possibly put Little House/the Waltons back!

millerem99

[9]Apr 7, 2009
    sqeakycat wrote:

There will be a marathon on Saturday, April 18th with the Little House movies, like The Last Farewell (how appropriate!). Also, the Disney version, which is actually taken from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books (more than the Michael Landon seriies). I'm giving up my boycott for that one day. Hopefully Hallmark will see that most of their viewers are not happy with their latest change and possibly put Little House/the Waltons back!

I saw the marathon headlined on their schedule...which made me think that if they're having a marathon, perhaps they didn't give up contractual rights after all. Many times TV stations run a marathon right before the show goes to air again, so perhaps there's hope.

rv8er

[10]Apr 9, 2009
    I hope this gets a lot of hits and is forwarded to Hallmark. I cannot believe they took LH off. Not only did they remove it from the normal times, THEY REMOVED IT COMPLETELY!!! The biggest and dumbest change they could have ever made. I WILL NOT watch Hallmark until it is brought back. I am so glad to see other people jumping on this band wagon. I have e-mailed Hallmark everyday and will continue to do so until they come to their senses. Keep the pressure on Hallmark, Little House lovers. God Bless all.........

rv8er

[11]Apr 9, 2009
    IM WITH YA SQEAKYCAT!!!!!!!!!! LET'S ALL DRIVE THEM CRAZY WITH OUR "WE WANT LITTLE HOUSE BACK E-MAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OverkiII

[12]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 8

I am so upset about this too! I'm 18 years old and I just discovered LHOTP, and was so excited that I got to catch the beginning of the series since Hallmark was showing from season 1 and on. Now since LHOTP was taken off the channel completely I have NO OTHER way of watching it. (I plan on buying the season sets soon). It just seems like such cruddy luck that as soon as I find out how wonderful the show is, it gets taken off.

Also, my mom was upset about her Waltons being removed from the morning lineup as well. I just don't understand it. Why do channels get rid of shows they barely show, and replace it with another show that has multiple airings already on their channel. Like seriously, who needs to see a marathon of MASH EVERYDAY. I could understand if it was a special reason or holiday or something, but c'mon. I'm only 18 and even I could run a tv station better than that. The people who run these networks must be complete morons.

Without LHOTP I have no reason to bother tuning into Hallmark anymore. Boycotting it is no problem. Thanks for nothing Hallmark.

lhotpdisney

[13]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    That was a stupid move. I've sent constant emails to hallmark and will do so until it's back!

cbuchel456

[14]Apr 13, 2009
    I'm a big I Love Lucy fan as well as LHOTP. This morning, I went to watch I Love Lucy and LHOTP was playing instead, with a trailer for the Saturday (4/18/09) marathon. They really need to get their scheduling straight! It seems that 7th Heaven, MASH, and Cheers have taken over their line-up.

cbuchel456

[15]Apr 13, 2009
    It appears they changed the schedule again to:

Schedule Changes (4/13/09)

Weekdays, Effective Monday, April 13, 2009
    10:00am Little House on the Prairie (replaces I Love Lucy 2x)
    11:00am Little House on the Prairie (replaces Touched by an Angel)
    3:00pm Matlock (replaces M*A*S*H 2x)
    4:00pm Matlock (replaces M*A*S*H 2x)
    6:00pm M*A*S*H (replaces The Golden Girls)
    6:30pm M*A*S*H (replaces The Golden Girls)
    7:00pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven)
    7:30pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven cont.)
    8:00pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven)
    8:30pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven cont.)

sqeakycat

[16]Apr 13, 2009

It's back! WHOOHOO!!!!

The episode they started off with was not one of my favorites, but WHO CARES?? It's back!!

Now I can watch Golden Girls and Lucy again too. I still do like those shows a lot. I still don't think Golden Girls is the greatest show for Hallmark, but whatever. Now they have it on later so maybe the kiddies won't be watching it, and they have more family oriented stuff on during the day.

millerem99

[17]Apr 13, 2009

I'm sure it was all our influence that brought it back Now if only they'd bring back Highway to Heaven.

DrCook920

[18]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 17

Yay! I didn't know it was back til I saw the info here because I have been avoiding all things Hallmark for two weeks now. I am sure the fans had everything to do with this so thank you so much to my fellow LHers! Yay!

(now if only we could get it back in the afternoon..... )

OverkiII

[19]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    -sigh- I still miss seeing LHOTP though. I'm at school during those hours. I wish it would be put back into it's 3 pm timeslot. That was so perfect for me. But at least I don't need to boycott the channel because Little House is back in some form at least.

millerem99

[20]Apr 14, 2009
    DrCook920 wrote:

Yay! I didn't know it was back til I saw the info here because I have been avoiding all things Hallmark for two weeks now. I am sure the fans had everything to do with this so thank you so much to my fellow LHers! Yay!

(now if only we could get it back in the afternoon..... )

I know. I'm working during those hours, but I'm hopeful that it will eventually be moved back to late afternoon/evening.